• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Genesis Collection Platinum

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the info about Profeco. I encourage you to contact them.

Copy Profeco all correspondence. Don't know if it will help, given the time that has passed, but it may.

Good Luck and (belatedly) Welcome to TUG.

Cinnamon1

Reaction score
Thank you very much for that information. I will definitely write them about Genesis. With a 30-year subscription and a requirement to book only through their website, which I now cannot log into, it would appear they have not fulfilled their contractual obligations.

RiccaCL

Reaction score
Having issues with website....Last Minute deals are ALWAYS blank. So we are unable to see what is available to book our reservations. This issue has been ongoing for over 6 months. We bought in 11/2011 and just recently started having this issue. I have used your contact info for Denise (called and emailed), just waiting for a response. I have been told that there is a "NEW" website for Genesis Collection that was created about a year ago. We have been back down to Cabo 2 times since we bought into Genesis.
I just recieved our "Yearly website Maintence Fee Bill" and I don't feel that we should have to pay for a website that doesn't work correctly.

Cinnamon1

Reaction score
I would recommend you contact your credit card issuer and request a refund of the contract price since you're within a 1-year period. I contacted our company and they were ready to refund our $$$ but it had been 2 years ago since we bought into and they said they were only able to go back 1 year. So, you should be able to recoup your money on your contract. I did just pay our web site fee this past November, (before I knew there was a login problem) so I plan to request a refund of that amount for certain. If they can't guarantee you a login and access to the site, it doesn't seem reasonable for you to pay the fees. I'd go for my contract refund first, then write Concord and tell them the company hasn't made the site available and you're no longer associated with Genesis as a result of their failing to meeting their contractual obligations - or words to that effect. But I would definitely get out now.
Look at the posting by Passepartout on 1/24 for the link to Perfecto, which appears to be an official Mexican Tourist aid site. I wrote them a day or so ago - awaiting a response back from them. Passepartout recommends including them in all correspondence you have about Genesis.

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Look at the posting by Passepartout on 1/24 for the link to Perfecto, which appears to be an official Mexican Tourist aid site.
The Mexican consumer protection agency is named PROFECO, and it would be a good idea to contact them.

Cinnamon1

Reaction score
Thank you, I've actually done that. They've provided a lengthy response and identified the things I need to send them for them to attempt to reconcile this matter. I just got their response yesterday.

shilosmommy

Reaction score
oh noooooo

Oh no--I am having the same problems! Bought in Dec 2010 from Marina Fiesta. I was getting the same "user expired" error message so I figured I was locked out because I needed to pay my renewal fee. Paid the $159 and weeks later I still cannot get on to the website! All email addresses on my contract are not valid anymore either. Everyone I call gives me the run around as one person will say that they are only the company that runs the web page. Another says they are the company that processes the renewal fees. I haven't reached anyone yet that can help me at all. I've got a really bad feeling about this now that I see that there are others with the same problems. I am going to call visa but I am pretty sure that they will not be able to help seeing as I bought it over 2 years ago......any suggestions?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

Cinnamon1

Reaction score
Denisse Gonzales, number shows up as a San Diego number: 619-793-4779, so the call to it is domestic. She's actually located in Cabo - right at Marina Fiesta. I found that out only because my friend, who introduced us to Marina Fiesta, happens to be down there now and has been all over them like a chicken on a Junebug. Denisse called me yesterday, and true to form, the call dropped initially, (my friend thinks they're using VOIP to show up as a US number) but she called back and told me she was sending me the link to the "new" website along with my new login (my email address) and a temporary password. The website is: http://www.genesiscollectionplatinum.com, however, as usual, my login didn't work. I've notified her that I'm getting a "User name or password is invalid" message, but of course, still haven't heard back....

shilosmommy

Reaction score
Genesis new website

Got the new link and passwords for the new website from Denisse today. Difficult to sign in---getting error messages but when I gave up waiting for the confirmation email I re-tried and voila I was in!
My contract is for a 2 bedroom unit for 3 weeks a year.
Needless to say there is no 2 bedroom units available this year. The availability calendar says there is but when I try to book it--no availability.
Also, I noticed the studio unit for 2 people has a "reservation fee" of $695 US per week. I don't understand---isn't the point of buying a membership and paying all that money is so that I don't have to pay for the week?

shilosmommy

Reaction score
Genesis Clollection

Has anyone used Genesis sinced they bought in? Did youy have to pay a "reservation fee"? When I was looking to book at Marina Fiesta there is a charge for $1445 for a 2 bedroom for 1 week......wtf? Why would I have to pay for a home resort week when my contract is for 3 home weeks a year----I can book on expedia for cheaper than that!

Cinnamon1

Reaction score
I agree. It's a big-time scam to pay $$$$$ for a 30-year contract and then have to pay a huge fee for the privilege of staying there. I checked a couple of weeks ago...Marina Fiesta was offering a week for $449.00. But, if you try to book it on line, it's more like $1165.00 Some "deal".

Live and learn I guess is all I can say. Rest assured, we will never invest in another timeshare program. There's no need for all that overhead up front if you're going to pay an exorbitant a weekly fee on top of it.

They really ought to shut this outfit down, but in the meantime, they keep selling those worthless contacts.

RiccaCL

Reaction score
Well I made some progress with Denisse. I now have access to the new website www.genesiscollectionplatinum.com and RCI is sending me a welcome packet. My only issue is that when I select a 1 bedroom for random dates at Marina Fiesta arriving on a Saturday it says unit unavailable and if I look at the availability calendar it says the 1 bedroom is available. So she is trying to figure out why that is. At least, I have gotten somewhere :)

Rkgrubbs

Reaction score
And It Continues...

After finding out that Genesis Collections was defunct, went to Genesis Platinum Collection. Of course my password and sign- in do not work but there is a link to first time registers with a "what you should know" section. Seems like Genesis collection is now RCI. Since I already am a member of RCI, I went to my RCI account and, sure enough, I have three weeks in my account to use for trade from Genesis. Since I already pay for my RCI account, I am now paying twice each year for the same account. For the thousands I paid for membership and annual use, I now have what I already had. But it continues. Marina Fiesta has many available vacation spots for 7-8 points - but Genesis Marina Fiesta has none available. The shamming/shaming never ends.
Like everyone else, I get zero responses from any of my genesis emails or numbers - except Concord who are quick to say they are only a collection agency, albeit one that is supporting a sham.
The best thing to do when you are in this position is explain what happened on every time share scam website to alert others and to counteract all the fake emails from "happy owners", contact Profeco, write letters or send emails to president of Mexico, American Embassy, your attorney general and RCI.

Not easy when you have been duped.