• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Spark1

Reaction score
It would be great if we could put together an Affidavit for Judge Gill's eyes, with a list of names of all the leaseholders that did not receive the alleged opt out extensions as KMFW is stating in his affidavit. By doing this, it will prove that KMFW is lying. I am willing to put together this document unfortunately, everyone who has paid the ransom, don't want or can't do anything for fear of the gag clause. Thanks Michael, you really screwed everyone! Can't wait to see you having your day in Court and explain all of your fraudulent actions.
The issue here is theft of innocent Canadians and Americans that owned Lease timeshares that had no value. That no value was created by the owners of resorts. The Judges Knew damm well that you could not even give these timeshares away or pay someone to take them. How can you screw Time owners out of their timeshare for millions then turn around and screw them out of millions to opt out. This whole plan was to do this called Freedom to Choose and if it was not they did not need the Cancellation Agreement as part of the Freedom To Choose. They wanted every one to cancel and than also nail them the Reno fee on top of the Cancellation. The courts were one sided and being B.C. one of the most corrupt Provinces
in Canada and now you can add Alberta thanks to Northwynd and Michael Geldert They had the help of do nothing Service Alberta. They did not know what the Fair Trading ACT meant. When there is millions involved who is on the take?

GypsyOne

Reaction score
The issue here is theft of innocent Canadians and Americans that owned Lease timeshares that had no value. That no value was created by the owners of resorts. The Judges Knew damm well that you could not even give these timeshares away or pay someone to take them. How can you screw Time owners out of their timeshare for millions then turn around and screw them out of millions to opt out. This whole plan was to do this called Freedom to Choose and if it was not they did not need the Cancellation Agreement as part of the Freedom To Choose. They wanted every one to cancel and than also nail them the Reno fee on top of the Cancellation. The courts were one sided and being B.C. one of the most corrupt Provinces
in Canada and now you can add Alberta thanks to Northwynd and Michael Geldert They had the help of do nothing Service Alberta. They did not know what the Fair Trading ACT meant. When there is millions involved who is on the take?
They got away with the perfect crime, lubricated by our $Millions.

dotbuhler

Reaction score
KMFW swears in a recent affidavit that we were all given the chance to opt out of the settlement negotiated by Geldert 'Northmont's Bill Collector' during Dec 29 to Jan 8??? We only received one message with the Dec 29th deadline. Apparently, there were 3 other communications from Geldert extending the opt out's deadline (Dec 30, Jan 2 and Jan 8). If this was the truth, more of us would have been still fighting this scam. Did anyone here has knowledge of these alleged deadline extensions? or is it KMFW's statement a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive the judge that we were given enough time to decide to proceed to settle or opt out of the settlement??? :shrug:
Having fired Geldert on the 29th of Dec. I received no further correspondence from him other than threats. I would LOVE to sign any Affidavit that supports Geldert and MFKW's outright lying. For too long these crooks have abused us and the Justice system. (Perhaps that is partially explained by the blindfold she wears!)

Last edited:

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
Having fired Geldert on the 29th of Dec. I received no further correspondence from him other than threats. I would LOVE to sign any Affidavit that supports Geldert and MFKW's outright lying. For too long these crooks have abused us and the Justice system. (Perhaps that is partially explained by the blindfold she wears!)
Having paid the ransom and supposedly submitting to a BS gag clause...I would more than LOVE to sign that Affidavit. I think that if information comes out after the fact that suggests or proves that much of our case has been based upon lies, the gag order should be null and void! Just my opinion :p!
Still don't have my release papers so...

dotbuhler

Reaction score
Kirk Wankel is quoted in this June 28th article about the new hotel...Interesting that the SECRET buyers are from Calgary, Edmonton and Nova Scotia! And STILL, with all the monies collected the renos at Riverside and Riverview are NOT DONE. Or at the new hotel either. A forensic audit is LONG OVERDUE!!
You may have to put this manually into your search, as the link seems to not work. https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.com/business/a-new-hotel-with-mountain-views-from-each-suite-opens-in-fairmont/

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
Received a attorney release from Barry king office last week. 6months late?!!

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
Would be interested in what the USA folks are doing with this mess.

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
From tong. Sent regular mail. I need to look again but I think there was something on there about BC court

heydynagirl

Reaction score
Received a attorney release from Barry king office last week. 6months late?!!
I looked online at the bc court system and saw King had filed a notice of withdrawal mid June. If he mailed it, he sent it to an address I haven't lived at for 2 years.

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
I guess that the hard copy of our release from Sunchaser (that was promised in writing) is now the emailed copy that was sent out months ago. If we want a hard copy we have to pay MG or ask Northmont.
How silly of me to think that I would actually receive something as promised from MG. Just more crap to add to the pile!
I still don't have the stomach to look at the accounting attachment.

Last edited:

MgolferL

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont Sunchaser Palm Springs Marriott
Having paid the ransom and supposedly submitting to a BS gag clause...I would more than LOVE to sign that Affidavit. I think that if information comes out after the fact that suggests or proves that much of our case has been based upon lies, the gag order should be null and void! Just my opinion :p!
Still don't have my release papers so...
I also paid the ransom, but would definitely sign the affidavit. There was no extensions, just sign today...meaning that someone is full of it...KW and MG to name a few. Obviously with them lying about that (along with everything else), I could say I lied about the "gag" order.

Meow

Reaction score
This whole experience has been a nightmare. It has left many of us emotionally and perhaps financially bankrupt. Those of us that have "settled" have kissed goodbye to a lot of money that we will never see again.
My question is - has anyone (Canadian) looked at the possibility of recovering some of our losses by claiming a capital loss for income tax purposes? It would be nice if this is possible. The courts seem to believe that we owned a capital property and held us liable for all the responsibilities that came with it.

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
Any updates on Mr Gotfried?? Has the RCMP looked at this further. The FBI is very well aware of what KW is doing. I had a long conversation with them and they are aware of the situation

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
This whole experience has been a nightmare. It has left many of us emotionally and perhaps financially bankrupt. Those of us that have "settled" have kissed goodbye to a lot of money that we will never see again.
My question is - has anyone (Canadian) looked at the possibility of recovering some of our losses by claiming a capital loss for income tax purposes? It would be nice if this is possible. The courts seem to believe that we owned a capital property and held us liable for all the responsibilities that came with it.
Yes Meow! We are devastated by this.
There is no way that KMFW will be paying a red cent for taxes on the monies he extorted from us...can you say off shore accounts... Canada is aware of, but can seemingly do nothing...
Would be nice to find someone in the know at CRA that could tell us if the lease we owed/physical properties that the courts say we owned are eligible for a tax claim. We had to pay to rid ourselves of depreciated units.
I think that our EX legal team owes us for all the money we paid in interest to NM over the years related directly to bad advice. Still haven't heard anything further from the law society in BC.

Spark1

Reaction score
Which Land Titles Office are you registered at in BC or Alberta if you own the property.

Spark1

Reaction score
Which Land Titles Office are you registered at in BC or Alberta if you own the property.
Let’s work with Richard and many paid because of The back stabbing Lawyer Michael Geldert and his 162% treat. The world is not big enough Geldert and I believe in Karma. It will happen and I have seen it many times.

Spark1

Reaction score
I looked online at the bc court system and saw King had filed a notice of withdrawal mid June. If he mailed it, he sent it to an address I haven't lived at for 2 years.
You should write a letter to Your president and let him know about the abuse you are getting in Canada and you are not a land owner. You are actually being robbed here in Canada and this would be a good time to do it with NAFTA happening. Let him know the Prime Minister will not even protect you.You are a US citizen and should not be treated this way. This is abuse.

dotbuhler

Reaction score
...so, the "offering for standing" I attended on July 4th was just another reinforcement that the "old boys club" is alive and well...and that "justice" as it is called in this country, no longer exists... I could not stay and listen to any more of the lies that Jud Virtue and Justice Gill were throwing around! Instead, my sister and I headed off to get a bottle of champagne to celebrate that I had just been given my life back. Refusal of "standing" to most of us, was the usual well-played out repeat of past court appearances. Looks like the only court in the land that might see justice done, is the Supreme Court of Canada. In the meantime I am celebrating my big win! KMFW and Michael Geldert will NEVER see a red cent from me. Wankel is going to have to go through the B.C. Courts again, against everyone served in B.C. with judgments against them, if he plans on collecting on any more "outstanding debts". When the last bit of the drastically downsized remaining resort is sold off, let's see what happens. GREED will be his ultimate comedown. A smart con man KNOWS when to pack up and run. And I'll bet the fallout from Sauvagues' court case will definitely work against him.
In the meantime, I am allowing myself to walk away from the fray: looks like the cherries will be cropping hard this year, the roses need my attention and my energies will be concentrated on those areas that have suffered over the past 5 years since I first got involved in the Belfry-Geldert scenario. As I said, once again I've gotten my life back.

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
So what happened in court on the 4th of July?? Can anyone fill me in please??

servemeout

Reaction score
Interest Act.

• R.S., c. I-18, s. 1.
Rate of Interest
Marginal note:No restriction except by statute
2 Except as otherwise provided by this Act or any other Act of Parliament, any person may stipulate for, allow and exact, on any contract or agreement whatever, any rate of interest or discount that is agreed on.

• R.S., c. I-18, s. 2.
Marginal note:Interest rate when none provided
3 Whenever any interest is payable by the agreement of parties or by law, and no rate is fixed by the agreement or by law, the rate of interest shall be five per cent per annum.

• R.S., c. I-18, s. 3.
Marginal note:When per annum rate not stipulated
4 Except as to mortgages on real property or hypothecs on immovables, whenever any interest is, by the terms of any written or printed contract, whether under seal or not, made payable at a rate or percentage per day, week, month, or at any rate or percentage for any period less than a year, no interest exceeding the rate or percentage of five per cent per annum shall be chargeable, payable or recoverable on any part of the principal money unless the contract contains an express statement of the yearly rate or percentage of interest to which the other rate or percentage is equivalent.

• R.S., 1985, c. I-15, s. 4;
  • 2001, c. 4, s. 91.
Marginal note:Recovery of sums paid otherwise
5 If any sum is paid on account of any interest not chargeable, payable or recoverable under section 4, the sum may be recovered back or deducted from any principal or interest payable under the contract.

• R.S., c. I-18, s. 5.
Maybe this is the reason for the reduction of the amount of interest that can be charged on contracts before 2004. Does this make you smile?