• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont
Dear TUGBBS Members: I am feeling empowered to be able to make a difference in this dispute, with my only regret being I did not take up the gauntlet on this earlier. It did take me some time, thanks to a few principled and stubborn hold-outs, to get my head around all of the issues here, but now that I have, I am on board to do what I can do ensure you all get a fair shake with respect to objective, independent review of the "mandate and jurisdiction" issue, which in my mind is the first hurdle to overcome. In the meantime, I will work with Truth, and a few other very diligent, principled and stubborn people (including several of my own constituents) to bring my years of business (12 years in the building and development industry, 20 in the international airline industry and now in legislative issues!) , community and persistent, stubborn activist (I was going to use another word here, but in case I might offend anyone I will keep it tame) experience to the table! And note to team....I don't like losing! Let's stay focused on the issues step by step and open some doors of hope for justice, noting we may not like all of the answers we get at each step of the way...but we must take the steps! Follow and LIKE my FB page for updates, with apologies that I have a nomination in play and you may learn more about me and my passion for serving Albertans than you bargained for!

Copy and paste this into your web browser: facebook.com/GotfriedMLA

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont

By the way, I am trying to collate as much direct correspondence between Timeshare Unit Holders and either or any of Service Alberta, Minister McLean, Alberta Justice or Minister Ganley on this issue. As we work on this over the summer (to get a meeting AND a review), my plan will be to table a virtual MOUNTAIN of correspondence in support of the issue, or at the very least to show that the Minister was misleading Albertans in saying that she had not been made aware of this issue! Facts and truth will prevail. Thank you!

PS if you could send me as succinct and collated correspondence as possible, scanned letters if available, then that would be great - calgary.fishcreek@assembly.ab.ca

truthr

Reaction score
Dear TUGBBS Members: I am feeling empowered to be able to make a difference in this dispute, with my only regret being I did not take up the gauntlet on this earlier. It did take me some time, thanks to a few principled and stubborn hold-outs, to get my head around all of the issues here, but now that I have, I am on board to do what I can do ensure you all get a fair shake with respect to objective, independent review of the "mandate and jurisdiction" issue, which in my mind is the first hurdle to overcome. In the meantime, I will work with Truth, and a few other very diligent, principled and stubborn people (including several of my own constituents) to bring my years of business (12 years in the building and development industry, 20 in the international airline industry and now in legislative issues!) , community and persistent, stubborn activist (I was going to use another word here, but in case I might offend anyone I will keep it tame) experience to the table! And note to team....I don't like losing! Let's stay focused on the issues step by step and open some doors of hope for justice, noting we may not like all of the answers we get at each step of the way...but we must take the steps! Follow and LIKE my FB page for updates, with apologies that I have a nomination in play and you may learn more about me and my passion for serving Albertans than you bargained for!

Copy and paste this into your web browser: facebook.com/GotfriedMLA
:hi:Welcome to Tugbbs and a HUGE thank you for taking up the gauntlet. :cheer::banana::wave:
For those who don't know Richard Gotfried asked for members of our group to attend the legislative assembly on Wednesday, June 6th and a few made themselves available on very short notice.
Thank you to those who represented us and our plight.:thumbup:

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
So Stephanie you are saying Fraud and Scam is legal in Alberta. You also said this case is handled by Protection BC. You are wrong. I contacted Protection BC several times and they told me because the Supplier is from Calgary Alberta and the unfair practice being the Freedom To Choose was done in Calgary and you are from Alberta sorry but you have to deal with Service Alberta. That is you and you did nothing to protect Alberta Consumers from these crooks. You talk about the unilateral amendments to contracts that became Law Dec17/2017 the reason this happened was because of this case. What you did wrong was not grandfathering it back to Jan01/2016. Again your effects that you think is so important does not help Albertans dealing with this case. Did you even talk to Protection BC? What is your opinion on Geldert Law becoming one of them and using the Gag order to steal more money from seniors and treating time owners if they do not pay the 27% compounded interest plus 20% on top of that he will than nail us with 162% interest. The SIF forms he is using have no signatures and nothing is itemized when you get the bill all it says is pay this. Stephanie do not bull shit me because I am much older than you and much smarter we sure the hell have not come along way when it comes to consumer Protection. This NDP Government is very disappointing for Alberta Consumers. Stephanie seeing you are the top person for Service Alberta tell us what we are paying for and what are we getting. Also tell me where I have this property that Northwynd says I own registered in BC. if I do not have this property registered in B.C. they know what they can do with their Capital expenses.
Spark, if you haven't already, please send this letter to minister McLean!

aden2

Reaction score
By the way, I am trying to collate as much direct correspondence between Timeshare Unit Holders and either or any of Service Alberta, Minister McLean, Alberta Justice or Minister Ganley on this issue. As we work on this over the summer (to get a meeting AND a review), my plan will be to table a virtual MOUNTAIN of correspondence in support of the issue, or at the very least to show that the Minister was misleading Albertans in saying that she had not been made aware of this issue! Facts and truth will prevail. Thank you!

PS if you could send me as succinct and collated correspondence as possible, scanned letters if available, then that would be great - calgary.fishcreek@assembly.ab.ca
If Service Alberta would step forward Northmont Resort Properties would have to be accountable, but since elected in 2015 what has Service Alberta done but state they can not help us.

truthr

Reaction score

Spark1

Reaction score
We must lobby to have time share contracts for Five (5) years with option to renew. At present these 40 yr contracts are insane. There would be more effort by companies managing the Villas if there was an option to renew every 5 yrs.
Aden 2 what is the best way for me to send you a email or meet with you in Edmonton? Thanks

Spark1

Reaction score
We now have a new Minister to help protect our rights as consumers in Alberta.
Perhaps we should all introduce ourselves to Mr. Brian Malkinson!
http://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...malkinson-moved-up-as-notley-shuffles-cabinet
There is a reason why this has happened. Service Alberta did not protect Albertans one bit. Northwynd totally tried to destroy our Lease Contracts by illegal Modifications and Unilateral Amendments to our Contracts and Stephanie McLean allowed this. She allowed this because she should never have been in this position she was in over her head and innocent Lease Time Owners that do not have this property registered in their names at land titles in B.C. got screwed out of millions. This is a big NDP Screw UP.

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
I had over an hour with the FBI. Very interesting. What’s happening with Mr Gotfried and Alberta consumer protection??

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
I'm still waiting on my release papers!

Spark1

Reaction score
I had over an hour with the FBI. Very interesting. What’s happening with Mr Gotfried and Alberta consumer protection??
The Service Alberta Minister resigned. It was to hot in the Kitchen now that we have a United Conservative Party Member fighting on our behave in the House of Commons for us. He was going after her about the unilateral amendments and Modifications to our Contracts. He also was going after her about the unfair Practice was done in Alberta, that being the Freedom to Choose. It does not matter where the resort is located. The Supplier is from Calgary Alberta and the Trustee’s Office is in Calgary. It was a Alberta Judge that gave Fairmont Resort Properties Creditors Protection. This same Judge Awarded the resort to Northwynd. This system they had in place and they are all connected that being Fairmont Resort Properties, the Trusty’s Lawyer Firm, The bond holders that being Northwynd are all connected. Our Trustee was also connected to the owners of the Fairmont Resort thew his Lawyer Firm. One big happy family making Millions. It is simple bankrupt Fairmont and Rafter6, have the resort awarded to the bond holders,set up a trust company being Northwynd. Have Doug Frey go on CTV News and say the Resort was in terrible shape because the Vacation Villa Lease Owners did not pay enough yearly on their maintenance fees. Get our Lawyer Michael Geldert to become their bill collector using the gag order. This brought in millions for Northwynd and their share holders being maybe some of the same names on the Panama papers or the Barbados. Now the millions are coming in make a loan to Kirk Wanko’s numbered company to buy the Hillside buildings. And the Alberta Government says this has nothing to do with them and you have to go after Protection BC and not Service Alberta. The Alberta Government Loves to brag about their Consumer Protection. What Protection? We are Lease Owners not owners of the property. We paid thousands up front to have this right to use timeshare,which refers to a lease-like Agreement. In this type of timeshare your lease expires after a specified time and you have no property ownership rights in the property. The Legacy For Life was set up not so you had a share in the property, it was set up to have a contract that you were responsible for Capital Expenses. This gave Northwynd a location to move our Lease contracts using unilateral amendments and modification without giving us notice according to our Lease Contracts. Now Kirk Wankel wants to charge Legacy owners $3500.00 to get out of this contract because he does not want you as a partner in his extorted Hillside buildings. The Alberta Government failed us and we should of been able to fight this using the Fair Trading ACT.

Meow

Reaction score
The Service Alberta Minister resigned. It was to hot in the Kitchen now that we have a United Conservative Party Member fighting on our behave in the House of Commons for us. He was going after her about the unilateral amendments and Modifications to our Contracts. He also was going after her about the unfair Practice was done in Alberta, that being the Freedom to Choose. It does not matter where the resort is located. The Supplier is from Calgary Alberta and the Trustee’s Office is in Calgary. It was a Alberta Judge that gave Fairmont Resort Properties Creditors Protection. This same Judge Awarded the resort to Northwynd. This system they had in place and they are all connected that being Fairmont Resort Properties, the Trusty’s Lawyer Firm, The bond holders that being Northwynd are all connected. Our Trustee was also connected to the owners of the Fairmont Resort thew his Lawyer Firm. One big happy family making Millions. It is simple bankrupt Fairmont and Rafter6, have the resort awarded to the bond holders,set up a trust company being Northwynd. Have Doug Frey go on CTV News and say the Resort was in terrible shape because the Vacation Villa Lease Owners did not pay enough yearly on their maintenance fees. Get our Lawyer Michael Geldert to become their bill collector using the gag order. This brought in millions for Northwynd and their share holders being maybe some of the same names on the Panama papers or the Barbados. Now the millions are coming in make a loan to Kirk Wanko’s numbered company to buy the Hillside buildings. And the Alberta Government says this has nothing to do with them and you have to go after Protection BC and not Service Alberta. The Alberta Government Loves to brag about their Consumer Protection. What Protection? We are Lease Owners not owners of the property. We paid thousands up front to have this right to use timeshare,which refers to a lease-like Agreement. In this type of timeshare your lease expires after a specified time and you have no property ownership rights in the property. The Legacy For Life was set up not so you had a share in the property, it was set up to have a contract that you were responsible for Capital Expenses. This gave Northwynd a location to move our Lease contracts using unilateral amendments and modification without giving us notice according to our Lease Contracts. Now Kirk Wankel wants to charge Legacy owners $3500.00 to get out of this contract because he does not want you as a partner in his extorted Hillside buildings. The Alberta Government failed us and we should of been able to fight this using the Fair Trading ACT.
Our issue is very low on Service Alberta's priority list. McLean got dumped because she was unable to move effectively on renegotiation of the Alberta SuperNet contract. Now 250,000 rural Albertans are at risk of losing internet service as of June 30. The NDP government and especially Service Alberta is inexperienced and totally inept. We can't expect any improvements to Consumer Protection in Alberta without a government change at next year's election

Petus@18

Reaction score
KMFW swears in a recent affidavit that we were all given the chance to opt out of the settlement negotiated by Geldert 'Northmont's Bill Collector' during Dec 29 to Jan 8??? We only received one message with the Dec 29th deadline. Apparently, there were 3 other communications from Geldert extending the opt out's deadline (Dec 30, Jan 2 and Jan 8). If this was the truth, more of us would have been still fighting this scam. Did anyone here has knowledge of these alleged deadline extensions? or is it KMFW's statement a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive the judge that we were given enough time to decide to proceed to settle or opt out of the settlement??? :shrug:

Spark1

Reaction score
KMFW swears in a recent affidavit that we were all given the chance to opt out of the settlement negotiated by Geldert 'Northmont's Bill Collector' during Dec 29 to Jan 8??? We only received one message with the Dec 29th deadline. Apparently, there were 3 other communications from Geldert extending the opt out's deadline (Dec 30, Jan 2 and Jan 8). If this was the truth, more of us would have been still fighting this scam. Did anyone here has knowledge of these alleged deadline extensions? or is it KMFW's statement a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive the judge that we were given enough time to decide to proceed to settle or opt out of the settlement??? :shrug:
You are paying the bill. It is your right to approve the final amount but what are you paying for. This was a planned Bankruptcy. It is all Fraud and the Trustee is in on this. Crooked lawyers.

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
I most certainly did NOT receive more than one deadline to opt out. Just the Dec 29th...one whole day to decide over the holidays if I recall. But wait...I can look at all the emails I kept over the years from MG to prove this. So who's lying?? MG or KMFW or both...

Petus@18

Reaction score
It would be great if we could put together an Affidavit for Judge Gill's eyes, with a list of names of all the leaseholders that did not receive the alleged opt out extensions as KMFW is stating in his affidavit. By doing this, it will prove that KMFW is lying. I am willing to put together this document unfortunately, everyone who has paid the ransom, don't want or can't do anything for fear of the gag clause. Thanks Michael, you really screwed everyone! Can't wait to see you having your day in Court and explain all of your fraudulent actions.