• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
Do you know what page his post is on?
Petus@18 posted it from FB. Truth is familiar with this as well.
Page 157
Posts #3904 and #3907

Last edited:

truthr

Reaction score
Petus@18 posted it from FB. Truth is familiar with this as well. L.M. is a credible source.
Page 157
Posts #3904 and #3907
Just to clarify - in as much as I may be aware of L.M. I have never stated whether they are a credible source or not as I have yet to confirm that either way.

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
Just to clarify - in as much as I may be aware of L.M. I have never stated whether they are a credible source or not as I have yet to confirm that either way.
I apologize. I noted that you were familiar with this information. Sorry that it appeared that you deemed him credible. I will retract that statement.

truthr

Reaction score
I apologize. I noted that you were familiar with this information. Sorry that it appears that you deemed him credible. I will retract that statement.

No harm, no foul, I just wanted to clarify.

Petus@18

Reaction score
I apologize. I noted that you were familiar with this information. Sorry that it appeared that you deemed him credible. I will retract that statement.

We believe that the Merriman's have verifiable evidence to proceed with their Class Action lawsuit. They have indicated their good intentions to help everyone affected, meaning we can all be part of this action. Unfortunately, they are back on Feb 18th, so option 1 will need to make a decision and don't sign the settlement agreement. There is also the appeal on March 8th; these are choices that we need to consider if we don't want or can't pay the ransom.

Frau Blucher

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
col·lu·sion

kəˈlo͞oZHən/

noun

1. secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

“While there is a fee to be paid ... it represents a material compromise on the part of Northmont allowing you to pay a reduced fee below what it was seeking as compensation for maintenance, legal fees, interest and so on.”

• Michael Geldert

This wasn’t a “compromise”!

If anything there might have been collusion between Geldert and Northmount. Geldert’s clients got a steaming load of crap that Michael tried to gift wrap and present it to us as an “excellent deal”. He had no moral right to sign on our behalf. It sure wasn’t a negotiation in the accepted sense as a “negotiation is a discussion aimed at reaching an agreement”; it does not mean one party (Sauvageau) dictating all the terms to the other party (Geldert). Geldert didn’t even try binding arbitration!

I hope Geldert realized that by accepting the settlement each of his clients now have to pay tens of thousands of dollars; one client owes almost $100,000! For something that they don’t own?! Why should anyone have to cash in their savings, take out a second mortgage, or sell their house to satisfy Wankel’s greed? Though Geldert denies it, negotiations were rushed through so that the petition against the resort realignment could be dropped. The realignment was the only bargaining chip that we had left but Michael gave it up for nothing.

Will Geldert get a plumb job from Northmont or Sauvageau years down the road when people have forgotten about Sunchaser? I wouldn’t be surprised if Geldert gets some sort of recognition for a job well done from Wankel and friends. In the end, what goes around, comes around; Geldert and Wankel will get what they deserve. I just hope I’m around to see it.

Petus@18

Reaction score
From FB
VERY IMPORTANT EVERYONE: do not cash in any RRSP, LIRA, any pension to make payment. You would be throwing money away. Debt collectors can not touch pensions.

truthr

Reaction score
From FB
VERY IMPORTANT EVERYONE: do not cash in any RRSP, LIRA, any pension to make payment. You would be throwing money away. Debt collectors can not touch pensions.
First, everyone should be very careful as to what they share from one group to another without the original poster's specific permission especially from a closed and/or secret group.

Second, although pensions may not be able to be touched at source, once they are in your bank account that may be a different case.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Northwynd/Northmont/Sunchaser
Geldert should get recognition from Wankle for a job well done. No one could have done better. And now he is Wankle’s bill collector. We are the ones he threw under the bus so that Northwynd could get everything they wanted. Not sure what Northwynd could ever do to thank Geldert enough. Oh wait, they could share the millions of dollars we have sent in with him.

CleoB

Reaction score
We believe that the Merriman's have verifiable evidence to proceed with their Class Action lawsuit. They have indicated their good intentions to help everyone affected, meaning we can all be part of this action. Unfortunately, they are back on Feb 18th, so option 1 will need to make a decision and don't sign the settlement agreement. There is also the appeal on March 8th; these are choices that we need to consider if we don't want or can't pay the ransom.
If someone has paid the settlement why can't they still be part of the class action? Geldert is telling people that if they signed option one they are bound to pay. Waiting for the March 8 appeal just means more interest added to the 2017 statement and 2018 maintenance fees that will need to be paid. I think we are being charged enough without increasing it more.

Appauled

Reaction score
I don't understand why the secrecy of meeting this afternoon and only sharing the meeting with Facebook people.
I didn't have Facebook and specifically tried creating account and never got a accepted and a reply in time for this meeting. Still Waiting!
Come on people, what are we all afraid of??? If spies are a concern we could have easily vetted each other with a drivers license and a copy of your Sunchaser Extortion bill for 2017.

CleoB

Reaction score
I don't understand why the secrecy of meeting this afternoon and only sharing the meeting with Facebook people.
I didn't have Facebook and specifically tried creating account and never got a accepted and a reply in time for this meeting. Still Waiting!
Come on people, what are we all afraid of??? If spies are a concern we could have easily vetted each other with a drivers license and a copy of your Sunchaser Extortion bill for 2017.
I agree Appauled. We have been disbanded for too long and in the end I think that worked against us. Divide and conquer worked here.

CleoB

Reaction score
I've seen people posting about being followed....how can you tell you're being followed here? What should I look for?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I've seen people posting about being followed....how can you tell you're being followed here? What should I look for?

You can see this on your profile page - on the left hand side you will see a link that will show you who is following you.
Snip20180211_3.png

Petus@18

Reaction score

I understand that Truth is the admin of the secret FB group. Maybe you should ask her.

Reaper

Reaction score
So...

After all that has been said and done...

What is the ultimate solution...?

truthr

Reaction score

I understand that Truth is the admin of the secret FB group. Maybe you should ask her.

The meeting of this afternoon had nothing to do with the secret Facebook group I started and administer. It was not and has not been discussed in that group.

It was put together by someone in the "closed" Facebook group, which for clarity purposes the "closed" Facebook group is not vetted nor monitored by anyone from the Geldert Group. It was started in 2012 by the admin Ernie Kelley about a different property that if I remember correctly was owned by Northwynd/Northmont. Then Ernie Kelley let it be used and changed the name to Sunchaser Northwynd Class Action, but he has remained the only Administrator.

As for any meeting or group, people have a choice as to the who, what, where, why and when.
As for being afraid - fear or caution?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm down in Montana, an "option one-er", trying to make sense of this all. The big immediate question is our likely outcome if we decide to just not pay the outrageous crooks. We only have one unit, but unfortunately my 89 year old Mom has one too. I have had near zero luck finding an attorney who will even look at it down here, but one has promised to have an answer to the pay/no-pay question by Monday at least. I'll report what I find tomorrow.......Down to the wire! Thanks for all the work everyone has done.

And we are certainly interested in a class action scenario with old Kirk Madoff, and all the Fairmont succssors, but would need to know it isn't another geldert rathole!
I am from Washington and having the same struggles as you. I wonder how likely it would be that they would pursue us down here. I have talked to 2 attorneys here, one says pay, one says not. I would be very interested in what you find out as I will need to send the extortion money off tomorrow.

Meow

Reaction score
This mess has become more confusing as time goes on. Secret Facebook groups, secret meetings in Calgary, people afraid of being 'followed' -It's like a plot of a Harlan Coben crime novel. I am not sure who to believe or trust anymore. We are no longer a cohesive group trying to get a fair solution. I'm not interested in exacting revenge from Wankel or Geldert. I just want to avoid an unfair financial loss. There seems to be nowhere to turn anymore. How can we have a class action initiative if we don't have a common cause. It is very depressing.

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
I'm down in Montana, an "option one-er", trying to make sense of this all. The big immediate question is our likely outcome if we decide to just not pay the outrageous crooks. We only have one unit, but unfortunately my 89 year old Mom has one too. I have had near zero luck finding an attorney who will even look at it down here, but one has promised to have an answer to the pay/no-pay question by Monday at least. I'll report what I find tomorrow.......Down to the wire! Thanks for all the work everyone has done.

And we are certainly interested in a class action scenario with old Kirk Madoff, and all the Fairmont succssors, but would need to know it isn't another geldert rathole!
I was living in Great Falls when I bought this nightmare. I don’t know what city you are in but a very smart attorney in GF is Steven Potts. He also has a CPA degree. My attorney friends there say he’s the smartest attorney in town. He’s a pit bull in court from what I here. Just thought I’d throw it out there for you

Reaction score
When checking the UF-CMJRA, be sure to pay attention to the "personal jurisdiction" section and the "taxes and interest" section. The last one may pertain to the GST and 162% interest that NM and MG say thay are going to charge
Interesting. Any idea what personal jurisdiction could mean? Does that mean if they did not hand deliver the civil claim to me they did not have personal jurisdiction?