• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Carriage Hills Resort in Ontario, Canada: Free, plus extras!!!!

broddy

Reaction score
Looking to get out of the timeshare world. We just don't use it enough.
Carriage Hills is an all season resort with skiing, golf, horseback riding, mountain biking and so many other activities.
I will pay all closing costs and the 2013 maintenance fees to get you started.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Is the usuage annual?

Is it a floating week, if so what weeks are included as I know most float different periods.

What is the 2012 maint. fee?

Thanks

broddy

Reaction score
Hi Ben
Floating Red Time, but that does not mean you cannot use any other week of the year.
2012 Maintenance Fees are paid, 2013 Maintenance Fees are paid. So, no maintenance fees until 2014. They are currently 900 dollars.
I also have a couple banked with RCI that we could work out as well.
We just don't use it anymore.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would need to know specifically which weeks are included in the floating period.

We are looking for summer weeks only usuage.

Thanks

broddy

Reaction score
Hi Ben
We have always had summer weeks but red time could include winter because it is an all season resort. This makes it very strong with RCI. Having said all of that, if you want to come to Carriage Hills every year, you will have no problem getting summer weeks. We have always banked with RCI and the four I currently have are all summer weeks.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Hello broddy, here on TUG you will get a lot further if you answer specific questions with specific answers.

When you skirt around a question it makes it look like you are hiding something.

I won't even consider looking at your resort until I know which weeks are included in the float period I'd be entitled to. BM is not the only one looking at your post. Since I don't belong to RCI your trading power means nothing to me.

It would also be helpful to know what size unit this is.

Thanks, John

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I totally agree with John.

I am asking a specific question you do not want to answer which floating period.

It should be spelt out clearly on the deed, some units I have seen listed exclude prime winter and summer weeks.

Till you answer the question I cannot consider going any further with you.

Are the weeks for 2012 and 2013 already banked with RCI if so I cannot use them and is no bargain to me. I do not belong to RCI as I purchase weeks I plan on using.

broddy

Reaction score
Floating time

Thanks for the note John and I appreciate your advice. I assure you that I am not hiding anything, just learning about all of the fine print. We bought this years ago but always banked with RCI so the weeks that we could get did not matter, just the strength of the trade. But, I completely understand the concern as I am learning about all of the thiefs in this industry.
I do welcome any conversations with anyone looking at this, whether publicly or personal.

To your point, the deed specifies Red Time which is considered to be a high time reservation. I know that this includes the ability to book during the last two weeks of December, January to March and the summer months. I have contacted my resort to get a better definition of their booking procedures and the weeks available. I will post as soon as I have more information.
Please continue asking questions if you have some interest.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mike

Please do not take my questions the wrong way. I do not want to come across as a nasty person. I just want to know the answers so I can make a decision to proceed with the transfer or not.

Thanks

broddy

Reaction score
Questions

Ben/John
Do not worry about your questions offending me, I do not think anything negative of you Ben. Of course you need to ask questions. You want to make sure that you get what you want and a timeshare that you can use. That is understandable.
The deed indicates that it is red time, floating. The indication to us is that we may use in any of the red time periods. This was given to us as a positive but I know Ben, that you want to use in the summer. So, I am attempting to find out from the resort how it is that you can guarantee that. I have also been spending the morning looking through all of my documents to find a schedule of red time means.
The 2012 week is banked with RCI but the 2013 is not banked. I could request my week but am unsure of what to do. Would prefer to get the week when I know of someone that wants it to ensure that they get the week they want.

broddy

Reaction score
Size

John
I realize that I did not answer one of your other questions.
The size is a 2 bedroom lockoff unit.

broddy

Reaction score
Possible Weeks for Booking

As indicated, the deed indicates that this ownership is a red time, floating.
It is the owner vacation planner which indicates which weeks are considered to be red time.
Our owner relations manager has confirmed that the red time weeks are:
Red week owners have the ability to book into 42 weeks out of the year; weeks 1-13, 19-45 & 51-52. All high time.

White week owners have 10 weeks that they can book into; weeks 14-18 and 46-50.
She also indicated that when fees are paid on time, there should be no problem getting summer months however, weeks 51 and 52 would need prepayment (you can pay up to 2 years in advance).

Hope this helps.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
As indicated, the deed indicates that this ownership is a red time, floating.
It is the owner vacation planner which indicates which weeks are considered to be red time.
Our owner relations manager has confirmed that the red time weeks are:
Red week owners have the ability to book into 42 weeks out of the year; weeks 1-13, 19-45 & 51-52. All high time.

White week owners have 10 weeks that they can book into; weeks 14-18 and 46-50.
She also indicated that when fees are paid on time, there should be no problem getting summer months however, weeks 51 and 52 would need prepayment (you can pay up to 2 years in advance).

Hope this helps.

Yes, this does help. Now anyone with an interest knows what they are looking at. Thanks.

lizanddave

Reaction score
Just wondering if this deal went through for you? Did you give away your Carriage Hills to Ben? I am wondering as I am a new member and thinking of doing the same (giving it away), we have exactly the same timeshare/and location as in this post.

Thanks,
Lizanddave

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Just to verify

2 BR Lockout, Carriage Hills, float season that includes summer, $900 MF.

Questions

Can you book the studio and 1 BR portion seperately? What TPUs do you get for the unit in RCI?

Any special assessments?

What is going on with the Horseshoe ownership? Are you part of the same HOA vs resort issue that Horseshoe down the hill is?

Sandy

p.s. I have stayed here and do know the resort. I am orginally from Canada, London actually, but now live in the US.

lizanddave

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

Did you ever get rid of this? I am in the process of getting rid of
mine- have all paperwork being done now.

If you need help- I found a way and have a dozen people who wanted
mine... let me know

Liz & Dave

broddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the note Liz and Dave. I do have someone intested in my timeshare. Now just waiting for my lawyer to send him the paperwork. That part has been a bit painful, dragging on by my lawyer but hopefully this will get done in the next week or so. I hope that the wait has not scared him away.

thekevs

Reaction score
Carriage hills resort

HI BRODY AND LIZ AND DAVE

I ALSO HAVE THE EXACT SAME TIMESHARE AS THE TWO OF YOU
JUST LOOKING TO GET RID OF IT
OWNED FOR 11YRS NOW. I PAY MAINTENANCE FEES EVERY YEAR AND NEVER USE IT.
NOW WITH TWO TODDLERS, WILL NEVER USE IT .

IF YOU CAN HELP ME IN ANYWAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

THANKS

KEVIN
NEWBIE...:eek:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
thekevs & lizanddave

Are either of you still offering your TS for free.

I might be interested. However my previous questions went unanswered. So I will post again.

2 BR Lockout, Carriage Hills, float season that includes summer, $900 MF.

Questions

Can you book the studio and 1 BR portion seperately or do you have to take the entire 2 BR lockout? Can you use the 1 BR or studio and bank the other side with RCI? What TPUs do you get for the unit in RCI? Is the unit part of Shell Vacation club?

Any special assessments?

What is going on with the Horseshoe ownership? Are you part of the same HOA vs resort issue that Horseshoe down the hill is?

tjsottile

Reaction score
we would be interested. call us 647-932-9678

HI BRODY AND LIZ AND DAVE

I ALSO HAVE THE EXACT SAME TIMESHARE AS THE TWO OF YOU
JUST LOOKING TO GET RID OF IT
OWNED FOR 11YRS NOW. I PAY MAINTENANCE FEES EVERY YEAR AND NEVER USE IT.
NOW WITH TWO TODDLERS, WILL NEVER USE IT .

IF YOU CAN HELP ME IN ANYWAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

THANKS

KEVIN
NEWBIE...:eek:

CarriageRidge1999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice from Liz and Dave, and Brody

Hi,
I own a 2 bedroom, lockoff, red (high demand weeks) at Carriage Ridge since 1999. Have loved it, but kids have grown up and we just don't expect to use it as much. Was looking to chat with Liz and Dave, and Brody, and anyone else with any experience on best way to move it. If you could please reply we can arrange to connect! Much appreciated!!!