• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Tahiti Villiage now with RCI

Reaction score
I spoke to Owner's Advantage department at TVV today but the person I spoke to said she can't tell me how many points are assigned and that her supervisor (who is out sick or on holiday) has to get back to me. She confirmed that it is RCI points.

In response to the RCI offer from Consolidated, Interval is offering a 3-year basic membership extension for $99 plus a non-holiday bonus week if anyone is interested. Offer expires 12/31/2011. Her'e the info from Interval's website:
--
Important Information for Consolidated/ASNY Owners:
Your home resort may have recently notified you of its decision to affiliate with an alternative exchange program and this may have left you confused about the status of your Interval International membership. We want to clarify this immediately.

Rest assured you have every right to retain your membership in Interval International and to continue to exchange through its network. Theres absolutely no reason why you shouldnt continue to enjoy all of the benefits and services of Interval International, including the exchange privilege, for as long as you wish to remain an Interval International member. In fact, were so interested in you remaining an Interval member that were making a special membership offer available to you.

Renew your membership with Interval International now and receive 3 Years of Interval Membership: Only $99 Plus a Bonus Vacation Week!* Hurry, offer expires 12/31/2011.
---

Can you tell me what the offer code is for this? Or where you found this? I called II and they can't find the offer in their system...

thanks

vamsee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me what the offer code is for this? Or where you found this? I called II and they can't find the offer in their system...

thanks

I don't know of any offer code for this. After you sign-in to www.intervalworld.com, click on "My Messages" at the top (I tried attaching a screen capture). It will take you a page with various offers/alert. At the bottom of the page is this offer.

Attachments

• interval.png
    interval.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 47

Doc

Reaction score
Tahiti Village and RCI, all about the $$$$

I am a member also interested in the RCI option. I came to Vegas with my wife for the explanation/presentation. I should have known it was really just another sales pitch. We were told that we could only purchase the option while on property and that if we chose not to purchase during this visit, that we would not have the opportunity to purchase the RCI option again for another year and that we would have to return to the property to do so. The RCI option costs $5990 per deed or unit and that doesn't include the 1st years annual fee. When I spoke with RCI, they said that the price to purchase in at Tahiti village is solely at the discretion of the resort and not set by RCI.
If my math is correct, with nearly five hundred units on property each deeded for 52 weeks, that is 500 x 52 x $5990 = $155,740,000. That's a lot of money to be made by ASNY by offering this option, and what did ASNY pay RCI to enter the program? They won't tell us. In reality, weeks have likely been double sold, and my number is far below what can be earned by ASNY by selling this option. ASNY already made some good money on the buy back of Tahiti after the bankruptcy while we gained nothing. In fact, all the phase 3 and phase 4 changes we were promised are now permanently off the table, the value of our investment is down, and yet ASNY wants to ask us for even more money. New owners can buy the same units now for much less than several years ago and this includes the RCI option (no additional fee), but the old, faithful, responsible paying owners have to pay $5990 to opt in. As you can tell, I am very upset about this. I think we deserve a better explanation as owners. I am absolutely convinced that the motivation to offer this service was not "how can we increase the value for owners?" but rather "how can we get more money from these guys?"

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I am a member also interested in the RCI option. I came to Vegas with my wife for the explanation/presentation. I should have known it was really just another sales pitch. We were told that we could only purchase the option while on property and that if we chose not to purchase during this visit, that we would not have the opportunity to purchase the RCI option again for another year and that we would have to return to the property to do so. The RCI option costs $5990 per deed or unit and that doesn't include the 1st years annual fee. When I spoke with RCI, they said that the price to purchase in at Tahiti village is solely at the discretion of the resort and not set by RCI.
If my math is correct, with nearly five hundred units on property each deeded for 52 weeks, that is 500 x 52 x $5990 = $155,740,000. That's a lot of money to be made by ASNY by offering this option, and what did ASNY pay RCI to enter the program? They won't tell us. In reality, weeks have likely been double sold, and my number is far below what can be earned by ASNY by selling this option. ASNY already made some good money on the buy back of Tahiti after the bankruptcy while we gained nothing. In fact, all the phase 3 and phase 4 changes we were promised are now permanently off the table, the value of our investment is down, and yet ASNY wants to ask us for even more money. New owners can buy the same units now for much less than several years ago and this includes the RCI option (no additional fee), but the old, faithful, responsible paying owners have to pay $5990 to opt in. As you can tell, I am very upset about this. I think we deserve a better explanation as owners. I am absolutely convinced that the motivation to offer this service was not "how can we increase the value for owners?" but rather "how can we get more money from these guys?"

I can't verify this but, what I remember reading on TUG (note I sometimes have a faulty memory) was that resorts paid a fee of $500 to RCI, everything else was profit for the resort.

Unless you're having issues trading in I.I., I'm not certain I'd be anxious to jump into RCI for that sort of fee. I'd just laugh at the salesman and tell him not to hold his breath waiting. I suppose if you exchange a lot you could do the math and determine if it's worth that sort of money to you. I'd take me a long time to validate spending nearly $6,000 just for dual affiliation or to jump from I.I. over to RCI.

Doc

Reaction score
Thanks. We didn't purchase the RCI option.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)

They've done this at other TS as well when it switches to RCI and it was about $6K as well to "upgrade". Why upgrade something that is worth nothing ? If I wanted RCI points, I would just go buy them on resale or if I really wanted TV with RCI - sell the one you have and buy a resale for next to nothing with RCI "upgrade".