• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Pacific Transfer, LLC - Hermosa Beach, CA

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Hilton and a Sheraton and used Pacific. I find that all closing companies have a lot to learn about how to treat customers and expedite there closing, however, I found Pacific Escrow to be better that average in that the transactions closed with 30 for Sheraton and 45 days for Hilton with a ROFR being involved. I would warn everyone to stay away from an closing service called Propertyrelief. 5 months and the deed has not come back from the Country recorded after the first two recordings were rejected for a failure to proof an affidavit of death of join tenant the first time, and the second time providing a certified copy of the death certificate. I was working with a supervisor, who simplified failed to take the course How to Close a Timeshare 101 when a joint tenant is deceased. Big screw and this delay has all ready cost me my planned vacation.

zipporah

Reaction score
Finally completed a transfer that used Pacific. Wouldn't recommend the company, but the seller refused to use anyone else. I will say that you need to be very vigilant in contacting them, as they will not contact you. It was only after I got someone on the phone (a feat in and of itself) that I was informed that they needed additional information to process the transfer. All told, it took nearly 4 months to process the transfer from the auction closing to the unit appearing with the resort.

I will say that when I managed to get someone on the phone, they were very polite and willing to answer questions. Based on my experience, I think they have a huge amount of turnover in their staff. My transfer alone went through 4 different people before finally being sent to the resort.

JetDrvr

Reaction score
"Quick" closing with Pacific Transer

I was a bit reluctant with the closing process with Pacific Transfer based on feedback from others. My experience went quite well considering the many horror stories. Bought the timeshare on EBay June 15th and i had my correctly recorded deed in hand August 24th. Verified with the resort that all things were in order and made a reservation for my 2012 week without issue. Communication was non-existent the first two weeks. Email seems to work the best, phone calls are a bit frustrating. Dealt with MariAnne who kept the ball rolling from about the third week until I received my deed. Each step of the proces was communicated by email with both auto updates from Pacific or direct ones from MariAnne herself. Six weeks from start to finish.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
This company is out of torrance? Is this one of those relief companies?

It's the less than arms length captive closing company that is forced on the buyers by one of those relief companies

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
luky987--I also bought from him, paid via instructions, and I bought two identical Marriott weeks. NEITHER has closed, and it's going on three months for one of them.

I cannot believe how long it's taking. Bought the same thing from Sumday, a Marriot Willow Ridge annual platinum, and it was closed and in my possession within a few WEEKS. It's now been months for these guys. Not impressive.

jumpercat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchased a TS and found Pacific Transfer was quick and communication was very good! No problem here...

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I get these calls on a daily basis. It is a crime what has been done to the consumer and the timeshare industry by these animals. If you are looking for
a timeshare broker go to www.ltrba.com. If you are looking for a timeshare go to www.timesharebrokersmls.com and search listings. All of the listings are handled by licensed timeshare brokers.
If you have been taken in by these people there are agencies that will help you.

Judy, I check out the mls link shown above and there just aren't that many timeshares in there. There were none for Avon, CO and very few for Vail, CO and almost no Sheratons on there.

SPM1369

Reaction score
Scammers

I had to find out the hard way but after being educated by the Attorney General's office of California this business isn't Licensed or Bonded at all which is the first problem. And the reason they take pay pal or check by phone is because you can't get your money back at all when they don't do what they say their going to do as opposed to a company that excepts Credit Cards you must have a merchant for that and everything has to be approved by the State of Agriculture and have all your contracts on file and a script that is approved also. But a company like this is basically a cash business "CHECKS ARE CASH & PAY PAL IS NON REFUNDABLE" so once they have your money it's over, a company like this will stay open as long as possible then get shut down and then in a month later open up in some other persons name, I have given them over 3k before I finally figured out it was a full blown SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :wall: :crash: :doh:

SPM1369

Reaction score
A reminder for those thinking about doing business with Pacific Transfer, LLC. This limited liability company IS NOT REGISTERED WITH THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. As I see it, this company either:

(1) Has a the name Pacific Transfer, LLC filed in another state. If so, they are STILL REQUIRED TO REGISTER THAT BUSINESS ENTITY WITH THE STATE OF CA since they are doing business in the state of CA (they have a CA address).
(2) Their name "Pacific Transfer, LLC" is not their REAL business name. That would beg the question what IS their name and why are they shielding it?

I am not sure I would trust my money with a business that doesn't appear to follow the law. If you want to do business with them, it might be a good idea to get clarification on their business name.

Very true you are completely correct!!!!!

SPM1369

Reaction score
I purchased a Hilton and a Sheraton and used Pacific. I find that all closing companies have a lot to learn about how to treat customers and expedite there closing, however, I found Pacific Escrow to be better that average in that the transactions closed with 30 for Sheraton and 45 days for Hilton with a ROFR being involved. I would warn everyone to stay away from an closing service called Propertyrelief. 5 months and the deed has not come back from the Country recorded after the first two recordings were rejected for a failure to proof an affidavit of death of join tenant the first time, and the second time providing a certified copy of the death certificate. I was working with a supervisor, who simplified failed to take the course How to Close a Timeshare 101 when a joint tenant is deceased. Big screw and this delay has all ready cost me my planned vacation.
It's because their not a legit company anything they told you is a full blown LIE!!!!

SPM1369

Reaction score
Finally completed a transfer that used Pacific. Wouldn't recommend the company, but the seller refused to use anyone else. I will say that you need to be very vigilant in contacting them, as they will not contact you. It was only after I got someone on the phone (a feat in and of itself) that I was informed that they needed additional information to process the transfer. All told, it took nearly 4 months to process the transfer from the auction closing to the unit appearing with the resort.

I will say that when I managed to get someone on the phone, they were very polite and willing to answer questions. Based on my experience, I think they have a huge amount of turnover in their staff. My transfer alone went through 4 different people before finally being sent to the resort.
This is not true and you know it!!! You only have made one post and that's because the company has hired you to talk positive and I KNOW THAT IT'S A FULL BLOWN SCAM AND IT'S MY PERSONAL VENDETTA TO BURN THIS COMPANY DOWN SO EXPECT THE FED'S AT YOUR DOOR SOON I KNOW HOW THIS PROCESS WORK I HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH COMPANIES LIKE YOURS SO IT'S GONNA BE MOVING TIME SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

SPM1369

Reaction score
They are a SCAM and the Attorney General will find them and prosecute so take it as far as you possibly can and eventually they will get caught and have to pay restitution to the people they have ripped off!!!!

tugger2020

Reaction score
I was just re-reading this thread and RX8 has been saying since 10/10/2011 that this company is not legally registered in California.

I almost made a purchase from David (luky987) earlier this year for an HGVC unit. Around the same time I had also emailed Seth Nock and Judi K. to compare prices. Seth had put put me in touch with one of the people working with or for him, Megan. David's price was the best between the three so I decided to go with them for the purchase.

David had said that I needed to use the company Pacific Transfer, LLC for the closing and escrow. The DocuSign documents Pacific Transfer sent me had SellTimeShare.org signed off as the owners. I didn't feel comfortable with this so I asked them to have the original sellers sign off. First they agreed, then they said they had a POA to sign off and I cancelled the buy after that.

While I was still negotiating on the different prices and speaking with Megan (Seth Nock's employee), she couldn't believe the prices I was being given and said it would never pass ROFR. I emailed her the purchase agreement David had sent me and she didn't really have anything to come back against it.

This is when things got odd. David knew I was negotiating with Seth Nock's employee Megan. Seth had come by to meet David and they supposedly ended up talking about me. David told me over the phone that Seth buys a lot of inventory from him. What I am thinking happened is that Megan forwarded the purchase agreement to Seth to review and he probably told her to let this sale go because he does business with David.

Long story short, I am glad I cancelled the transaction and moved on. There was one too many shady/strange things that kept coming up. This relationship between David and Seth was weird as well because I didn't expect two supposedly independent sellers to be talking to each other about me or my purchase.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to find out the hard way but after being educated by the Attorney General's office of California this business isn't Licensed or Bonded at all which is the first problem. And the reason they take pay pal or check by phone is because you can't get your money back at all when they don't do what they say their going to do as opposed to a company that excepts Credit Cards you must have a merchant for that and everything has to be approved by the State of Agriculture and have all your contracts on file and a script that is approved also. But a company like this is basically a cash business "CHECKS ARE CASH & PAY PAL IS NON REFUNDABLE" so once they have your money it's over, a company like this will stay open as long as possible then get shut down and then in a month later open up in some other persons name, I have given them over 3k before I finally figured out it was a full blown SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :wall: :crash: :doh:

Did you leave them negative feedback on Ebay?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is not true and you know it!!! You only have made one post and that's because the company has hired you to talk positive and I KNOW THAT IT'S A FULL BLOWN SCAM AND IT'S MY PERSONAL VENDETTA TO BURN THIS COMPANY DOWN SO EXPECT THE FED'S AT YOUR DOOR SOON I KNOW HOW THIS PROCESS WORK I HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH COMPANIES LIKE YOURS SO IT'S GONNA BE MOVING TIME SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps if you posted a rational explanation of your actual grievance with this company, someone could offer constructive advice in resolving the issue

Reaction score
I'm starting to see a trend. Everything SPM has said is that this company is a scam. No other posts. I agree, we need specifics as to why this company did him wrong. It's called being neutral, not taking sides yet.

TS

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
This thread should be connected with the new one about Pacific Transfer. The company is not professional.

Closings take forever, there is a lack of communication, listings are sloppy.

Best to either stay away or use caution when dealing with the sellers and the closing company. Luky987 is a seller to avoid at all costs. And his "buy it now" prices are ridiculously high.

nutmeg2000

Reaction score
Fingers Crossed

Wish I had looked here first before I bought two (yes, two) timeshares from luky987. He had good feedback on ebay and he responded quickly on some questions I emailed (though thinking back, they didn't respond to my ebay question, I had to call first and have a woman ask him, then he responded to my email...Steve Ngo, email shows up as steve@selltimeshare.org). Once I got his direct email, multiple communications back and forth were prompt.

Anyways, I've signed the e-documents and authorized payment, which hasn't happened yet. Stephanie Box at Pacific was quick to get my info and Reilani San Nicholas is handling my transaction, and seems good about communicating (so far) and asking me for authorization, etc. It's a Worldmark transfer, so I will check with Worldmark and confirm they have ordered my transfer package, which they claim they just received. If they haven't then I'm not sure what I'll do, trustworthiness is important, especially since one is for $7400 and the other $6600 and payment is not yet made.

I will let people know how it goes. They have to do them one at a time instead of both together. The first purchase was on Jan 7.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wish I had looked here first before I bought two (yes, two) timeshares from luky987. He had good feedback on ebay and he responded quickly on some questions I emailed (though thinking back, they didn't respond to my ebay question, I had to call first and have a woman ask him, then he responded to my email...Steve Ngo, email shows up as steve@selltimeshare.org). Once I got his direct email, multiple communications back and forth were prompt.

Anyways, I've signed the e-documents and authorized payment, which hasn't happened yet. Stephanie Box at Pacific was quick to get my info and Reilani San Nicholas is handling my transaction, and seems good about communicating (so far) and asking me for authorization, etc. It's a Worldmark transfer, so I will check with Worldmark and confirm they have ordered my transfer package, which they claim they just received. If they haven't then I'm not sure what I'll do, trustworthiness is important, especially since one is for $7400 and the other $6600 and payment is not yet made.

I will let people know how it goes. They have to do them one at a time instead of both together. The first purchase was on Jan 7.

In my experience you are lucky you ended up with Stephanie. She handled one for me that went with no issues. On another I was assigned someone else and when they were out of the office I emailed Stephanie and she immediately responded. And now again I am involved in one that has not gone very well and there have been issues. When both the closing agent and the ebay seller cut off all communication I went to Stephanie who immediately responded and will handle communication from now on. I am holding out hope my transfer still goes through but if not I am only owned back $252.50 so not a big deal.