• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Ebay Seller - Sumday Vacations – Jeff Brown

jatco

Reaction score
You're looking at an old post and you obviously have not read the whole thread. I've made several comments on the fact that the rating has improved.

At the time of the post you referenced, he had an F rating. Since then, Sumday has raised the rating to a current rating of C+. I would say buyer beware when dealing with this company, and just cover your bases.

'Buyer Beware' is just that.. a phrase that often reflects many resale organizations etal... I guess one has to search and seek info from All sorts.. to really get a grip of whats involved -- , if that is all possible.!!!
As far as SumDay goes, they (ie Jeff) has stepped up to the plate to do what could be done.. tho' there was a communication break-down from the selling of PDS to Belaire.. So be it.. - He did follow-up.!
I have come to the point that I can hardly trust most re-sale/marketers/TS re-seller organizations that promise you the world.. But when it comes down to the crunch.. You're the one on the 'limb' - At a Fee...!!
I dont mind paying a fee for services rendered.. But I hate the run-around...!
IMO, there are too many 'organizations' out there, linking this one to another, then another - 'too many cheifs, not enough indians...so to speak.. - the proverbial Run-around, it seems.
It comes to the point that If (and when) you find a good deal..and can utilized your TS., Keep it..and use it, to your hearts content.
If you want to sell it, Good luck..........! -
That has been my experience...and hope to be soon out of this scenerio...
Our best, and most used, 'club' is using a 'point system' with WorldMark/Wyndam. Works for us...! -as we do other trips/cruises, etc, out the system.
Others may live off their TS programs...and utilize them to the max... -To each their own...and kudos, that it works for you.!!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I've recently purchased two Wyndham contracts fro Steve at SumDay. Deeds were recorded quickly (within two weeks), and now it's the waiting game with Wyn.

jatco

Reaction score
Kudos to you.. and if all goes well with the communications between the ppl involved, you should be good to go..!
Lets hope for the best...(seems like its a 'hit or miss') -
Perhaps this will work out for you...!!

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definitely buy from Sumday again

They have done better than right by me in the purchase of my Spinnaker at Shipyard Plantations unit. I just confirmed with Southwind that Sumday has done everything they told me they would, even though that included covering expenses they did not expect to have to provide when they listed the deed. My hat's off to Jeff and his staff, Sherry E. in particular.

Joe

Tommart

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have Never Dealt with Sumday

I am considering buying through Sumday. I read many of the recent complaints to BBB.

The Timeshare Industry is a battlefield, but it appears that Sumday is doing a good job with the difficulties in selling timeshares. Most complaints did not appear valid, and Sumday is quick to issue full refunds.

For what it's worth, today the BBB rating is an A-.

Looks like a good company to work with.

mtb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday Vacation

Has anyone used Sumday Vacations for selling their timeshares? I thought I was doing a conversion of my Bentley Brook Wyndham week to a Cove at Yarmouth but The Cove didn't actually do the conversion as I thought they would. Rather, Sumday Vacations is supposed to be handling the change of ownership. Unfortunately, I paid them $460 as it seemed to be required in the documentation (I know - I am not supposed to pay ANYTHING upfront - but it seemed so normal because of all the positive posts on TUG2 about Sumday Vacations). Wyndham insists they have not received the money - $299 of the $460 was supposed to be used for the Change of Ownership as is required by Wyndham. I have been in touch with Sumday and Wyndham and I cannot figure out which is causing the problem but the maintenance fee for 2014 is due on Oct 1st instead of Dec 1 as was originally designated in the Estoppel. I am so concerned because I really no longer want the Bentley Brook week (which is a great place by the way) but I seriously do not want 3 timeshare weeks. Country Village allows people to give back their week when they no longer want to use it but Bentley Brook in MA is just totally not allowing a give back or anything else which is why I thought this conversion to points with The Cove made sense. Any advice from anyone? How can I ask for proof from Sumday Vacations that they sent the funds and processed the documentation? Any help for me out there in TUG land???

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me assist you

Ms. Beckman,

Just to be clear, I can't answer questions about what you purchased, Sumday Vacations only handles the timeshare transfer for the property you traded in.

After reviewing your file in detail it looks like we received your documents on 5/15/13, during our verification of the file it was discovered that you had reservations at this resort for the week of 8/20/13 which means that we could not transfer the property until after that stay or you would risk having your reservations cancelled.

I also need to state that the estoppel provided by Wyndham states that your maintenance fees are due 12/1/13 but you've received a bill that is due 10/1/13 as they've changed their billing cycle. So, technically by our agreement with you, you did not allow us the 60 day window necessary for us to transfer your timeshare before a bill was presented on the property.

But, because we were planning ahead the transfer is already in process and hopefully will be completed in time to relieve you of your contractual liability for that fee. On 9/16/13 the Intent to Sell and $299 transfer fee were sent to Wyndham Title. My staff informs me that you are calling us and Wyndham daily trying to get this pushed farther down the road. From experience, I can honestly tell you that the worst thing you can do is to keep calling Wyndham as your documents will continually be placed at the end of the line every time. Making the process take up to 90 days.

So, I don't have perfect news for you but I can confirm that we have performed our duties in exactly the manner we were paid to perform. If you hadn't had the reservations this would've already been done months ago. Please remain calm for a few weeks and allow Wyndham the time to complete their paperwork. Should you have any questions that I did not answer feel free to contact me via a private message or in this string.

Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying through Sumday. I read many of the recent complaints to BBB.

The Timeshare Industry is a battlefield, but it appears that Sumday is doing a good job with the difficulties in selling timeshares. Most complaints did not appear valid, and Sumday is quick to issue full refunds.

For what it's worth, today the BBB rating is an A-.

Looks like a good company to work with.

We've purchased through Sumday and consider their business integrity above all the other timeshare resellers we've purchased through. BBB ratings are very subjective - anyone can file a complaint for any reason.

mtb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
selling of your timeshare

Well.. I hope I have some luck with Sumday selling our TS. They have all the paperwork, deed etal..plus their Fee .. so we're hoping this will go Fast.
Want out of that TS..as we have another and dont have enough time to even use the other..
So there's a Redweek 1-bedroom LO for sale in Cabo...!
Hope Sumday lives up to their reputation...as we know how 'easy' it is to sell timeshares...!!:eek:

Did you ever get your timeshare sold through Sumday? Just wondering. I was also expecting to sell my Bentley Brook week through them. I did make the upfront payment and all and because a buyer changed his/her mind we have to try again this year. What happened with your sale?

mtb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today's info about Sumday Vacation

Did you ever get your timeshare sold through Sumday? Just wondering. I was also expecting to sell my Bentley Brook week through them. I did make the upfront payment and all and because a buyer changed his/her mind we have to try again this year. What happened with your sale?

Lots of buyers have purchased through Sumday Vacation but I just logged onto BBB site and there were 5 of the same complaints I had - Wyndham stated repeatedly that there was DEFINITELY NO transfer request from Sumday Vacations. When Wyndham said they wanted $299 from me for the transfer fee I told them I had paid Sumday $460 and that was supposed to be part of that fee so I didn't give those funds to Wyndham. They also emphatically said "NEVER PAY UP FRONT FEES" (which is the same advice from TUG2). Nevertheless, it was done and sure enough, after much ado about an early billing from Bentley Brook and my requesting a partial payment from a supposed buyer, the supposed buyer chose not to purchase the timeshare week. I still own it, use it and enjoy it but has anyone heard anymore about Sumday Vacations and do they actually successfully sell your week? Maybe I am dense - someone responded last year with a buyer beware cautionary comment. I wasn't buying, I was trying to sell - maybe that meant buying the services of Sumday.

On a more cheerful note - yay for the Olympics starting.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And here it is another "warning" about Sumday ....

I paid for a deed week and unit timeshare offer by Sumday on their website at 7:30AM Sunday April 12, 2015. I paid via a VISA card and the item was NOT shown further on their website.

Yippee ... I printed my receipt from Sumday ... and was very happy with my purchase.

Until 5:25PM Friday afternoon when I received an email from Sumday saying there was a mistake ... that unit was not longer available. Right .... I brought it and had re-done my search on their web site on Sunday 5 minutes after paying for it and it was not longer listed .... AS I BROUGHT IT. I tried calling Sumday but my case person was on her phone and I should try later. 3 minutes later, I get the system announcement, THE OFFICE IS CLOSED: CALL BACK MONDAY!

Mistake? NO ... it is a very nice and smooth running web site --- it deletes SOLD inventory immediately; it takes the money OUT of your account in good time.

The only way I LOST my unit was to good old fashion bamboozling human beings ... they SOLD it to someone else who must have paid more ... and they would minutes before closing on Friday afternoon send me the BAD NEWS and ask if I want a crappo view unit for the same money?

Get real ... I made no mistake in paying YOU. You did not inform me at 9AM Monday morning or Tuesday AM or Wednesday AM or Thursday AM or even Friday AM .. no, you wait til 5 minutes before the close of business for the weekend ... that you had a (supposed) problem.

And here it is Saturday ... and no reply. But the unit you offered me is STILL AVAILABLE on YOUR WEBSITE ...

Didn't you learn anything YET? You took my MONEY 6 days ago; offered me a very poor unit instead of the unit I paid you for 5+ days early; AND YOU STILL HAVE YOUR "take this instead" unit for sale on your website?

Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!

PS Look at my posting date ... not a year ago ... April 18, 2015

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks for the warning Linda, pure bait and switch. I would cancel and get my money back!
Let us know what happens.
TerryC

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
This is not the first time I've heard of a bait and switch by Sumday. As good as their rep is here on TUG and elsewhere, not everyone has had a good experience with them.

There is a fellow on a Face Book group I'm in that was a victim of a bait and switch and Sumday outright refused to make it right. He did not find out until the deed was transferred so it's a little different than this scenario.

I hope Linda gets what she paid for.

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
Company response with more detail

I paid for a deed week and unit timeshare offer by Sumday on their website at 7:30AM Sunday April 12, 2015. I paid via a VISA card and the item was NOT shown further on their website.

Correct, you purchased Unit 951 Week 9 at Sea Gardens resort. Unfortunately that listing was wrong as there was a verification error on our part and we did not have the right to sell Unit 951 Week 9. We did have the right to sell Unit 951 Week 8. This error was committed by our verification department, the seller owns two weeks at this resort, Unit 951 Week 8 and Unit 462 Week 9 and the verifier made a human error in placing the wrong week number with Unit 951.

Until 5:25PM Friday afternoon when I received an email from Sumday saying there was a mistake ... that unit was not longer available.

The only way I LOST my unit was to good old fashion bamboozling human beings ... they SOLD it to someone else who must have paid more ... and they would minutes before closing on Friday afternoon send me the BAD NEWS and ask if I want a crappo view unit for the same money?

I am sorry that it took us days to notify you of the error, our system is full of checks and double checks but it is a very labor intensive meticulous duty that was missed until Friday. Carri from my staff who contacted you at that point offered you the other unit 462 week 9 replacement as she assumed you wanted that particular week, not the particular unit. She was not bamboozling you and it was not sold to another individual. But, we can't sell you something we don't have, you are welcome to have either of the two weeks you want or both, or none and we refund your money. We are not trying to bait and switch your purchase.

Get real ... I made no mistake in paying YOU.

Didn't you learn anything YET? You took my MONEY 6 days ago; offered me a very poor unit instead of the unit I paid you for 5+ days early; AND YOU STILL HAVE YOUR "take this instead" unit for sale on your website?

We do try to learn from our mistakes but it doesn't mean that we don't make any. We can't sell you something that we don't have and we don't own the resort so we can't make it for you but I do not see how any action that my staff has taken since their contact with you has been unreasonable. I'm hoping that this more fully explained explanation may help to diffuse your anger and allow you to make a determination of where you would like for us to proceed. As I see it, you can purchase unit 951 week 8 or Unit 462 week 9, or you can ask me to cancel the sale and I will immediately refund your purchase. Carri has also advised me that you may wish to purchase both of those weeks and if you do that option is being handled via email correspondence with her.

I'm sorry for any miscommunication that you feel may have taken place during this transaction and I'm extremely sorry that our verification of the listed property was incorrect. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Sincerely
Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
And here it is another "warning" about Sumday ....

Yippee ... I printed my receipt from Sumday ... and was very happy with my purchase.

Until 5:25PM Friday afternoon when I received an email from Sumday saying there was a mistake ... that unit was not longer available. Right .... I brought it and had re-done my search on their web site on Sunday 5 minutes after paying for it and it was not longer listed .... AS I BROUGHT IT. I tried calling Sumday but my case person was on her phone and I should try later. 3 minutes later, I get the system announcement, THE OFFICE IS CLOSED: CALL BACK MONDAY!

Mistake? NO ... it is a very nice and smooth running web site --- it deletes SOLD inventory immediately; it takes the money OUT of your account in good time.

Get real ... I made no mistake in paying YOU. You did not inform me at 9AM Monday morning or Tuesday AM or Wednesday AM or Thursday AM or even Friday AM .. no, you wait til 5 minutes before the close of business for the weekend ... that you had a (supposed) problem.

And here it is Saturday ... and no reply. But the unit you offered me is STILL AVAILABLE on YOUR WEBSITE ...

Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!

PS Look at my posting date ... not a year ago ... April 18, 2015

mmm i believe they do this a lot they do this to me also, i pay for a unit with the seller waiting the payment online, they change the price to my offer price hurry me to make the payment so no one takes and pay, them they tells me this unit its not available say will be refund but until yesterday no refund i cant belive they change the price and pay in 5 minutes and no available since begining why they make me to make the payment?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've bought several weeks from Sumday and never had a problem. I just bought another one this week and will let you know how it goes but have already received and signed the contract and don't see any issues.

sharper3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got 6 contracts in various stages of closing (purchased) with Sumday. So far everything's been great, but some of these posts have me worried.

As far as how they close deals quickly - their prices are incredibly low, comparatively - though I haven't figured out how they come up with a price for each unit. It's definitely not based on MF.

Anyway - here's to hoping I start getting the deeds.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got 6 contracts in various stages of closing (purchased) with Sumday. So far everything's been great, but some of these posts have me worried.

As far as how they close deals quickly - their prices are incredibly low, comparatively - though I haven't figured out how they come up with a price for each unit. It's definitely not based on MF.

Anyway - here's to hoping I start getting the deeds.

I don't think you really need to worry.

Now, read the thread on BCSRentals..., then I think you would need to worry if you had used them instead of SumDay.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm in process of another purchase through Sumday. They've been great to work with. Very responsive, and quick to answer my questions. If you want to worry about who you're buying from, pick a different company. I have full faith that Sumday will once again do exactly what they said they will do. Everything else is just rhetoric. :banana:

Dave

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I have bought 6 units in the past year with Sumday, everything has gone GREAT !

Every Timeshare system is different, and I have caught postings inaccurate and called them out on them to be corrected to assure what I might be getting, or what they are trying to sell to someone else. I have had to cancel a transaction because it was not what was posted correctly , Sumday was very professional about it.

Educate yourself on the system you are trying to buy so you know the difference , and can make a good purchase. They move Timeshares for people, and they are very good at it.

I look at Sumday all the time and will jump at a chance knowing I will be in good hands.