• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Resort Consulting Group & Chalet High

menewman52

Reaction score
I recently met with the Patriot Vacation group. I don't trust what they were saying although they seemed sincere. I have never attended a Board meeting in the past, but I will attend this one and I hope many of the other owners plan on attending. Anyone who reeds this post please let the rest of us know what you think.I would like to see a completely new Mgt. Team that will take control of themaintenance fees. look to here from others.

revdeb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
CreeksideChalet High and Patriot Vacations, Inc

We just returned from the presentation from Patriot Vacations, Inc. The bottom line was -- keep ownership and pay through the nose over the next few years or transfer your deed for a fee -- and some benefits that look like the II Getaways -- and access to Creekside. The fee, I think would vary depending upon the value -- a portion of the fee would be waved for membership in PVI. The financials were in keeping with previous posts. The transfer would cost $3,000+ to get rid of a timeshare (actually we have A/B Units)-- strangely the $ amount didn't change whether speaking of 1 or 2 units.

We, like several others, have not received notice of the annual meeting. We own at Creekside -- not sure whether that is another meeting, but we have not received any notices of annual meetings, so. . .

We told the gentleman that we would get back to him -- we would not decide on the spot. Thanks for starting this thread -- and please continue!

We would plan to attend the December meeting if it is open to Creekside owners, and would really like to know more about this.

Acragle

Reaction score
meeting letter

We got our letter today Nov. 5, 2011. We have been instructed to call between Nov. 9th to 12th 9am to 3pm. We plan to attend but don't have the date or time. Isn't it funny how everyone is getting their letters at different times. The by-laws state there is a yearly meeting for all owners. I haven't been notified of any in the last 8-12 years.

Everyone should be reading their by-laws. We the owners need to take over the current board of officers.

Reaction score
Homeowners meeting - Chalet High

Just FYI, Chalet High and Chalet High North were initially two separate homeowners associations. Many years ago, they were legally combined into one homeowners association. That is the group that has the December 10, 2011.

Creekside Village is a separate homeowners association. I believe that it was expanded to include the units that they built on the top of the hill near the entrance and this is when many of the problems began such as issuing contracts and never building the units. Downturn in the economy caught up with having paid inflated prices for property. Therefore no money to build units and pay mortgages.

Both Chalet High and Creekside Village were and are being managed by Alexander Property and Management companies. It appears that everything has been run like a ponzi scheme. Annual fees from both homeowners association being used to pay bills, property mortgages, etc. That explains why there have not been any homeowners meeting for Chalet High for years or annual income/expense accountings sent each year to the homeowners either as required by law.

I guess the same is true for Creekside Village homeowners association also. Amazing how long these types of activities can go on and continue to go on. They really work well when you have thousands of owners spread all over the U.S. and elsewhere and can not go to annual owners meeting. Everyone signs over their proxy vote and the same people stay the members of the board and decide how to spend, or not, the money coming in and they all appear to work for or are connected to Alexander Properties companies.

Just FYI, if you want a list of all of the owners for either homeowners association, the board of directors has to give permission. Want to bet you will never get that list of names, numbers and addresses.

If you are attending the Chalet High homeowners meeting December 10, it would be interesting to determine if they have a quorum as required by the bylaws to hold a meeting and conduct business and how do you know what they say is the truth. Need to read the bylaws to know what action they can legally take or not. Since they have failed to hold annual owners meetings and supply annual income/expense accountings to all owners as required by law I would suspect what was said by any current member of the board.

BearsFan315

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Letter from Patriot...

Well I got my letter of INVITE to see what Patriot has up their sleeves this time... Here is a quick scan of the Intro and letter we received...

"Dear Timeshare Owner,
Please let this serve as a letter of Introduction for Patriot Vacations, Inc.
Patriot Vacations is a member in "good standing" with your Homeowners Association.
As a maintenance fee paying timeshare owners they have an interest in reducing Maintenance fee increases and eliminating assessments.
We recommend you hear their Proposal
There is a dedicated phone number at the resort for your convenience.
Please do not call the accounting office or reservations/check-in as they will be unable to answer your questions.
Thank you,
The Management
Chalet High/Creekside Village Owners Association"

then the enclosed letter:

"Dear Owner, November 9, 2011
Our company is Patriot Vacations, Incorporated and we own a significant amount of inventory at the resort where you own your timeshare — Chalet High Resort — at Basye, Va.

You are receiving this letter from us because we are aware that there will be an increase in all of our maintenance fees again this year.

At present, we are working with Chalet High Management Company to make
improvements to the property and upgrade the accommodations however; the budget will not support all the work which needs to be done. Recently we presented a plan to your management company which will allow the work to go forward while reducing maintenance fees and the need for future assessments for most of the owners here. In presenting this to other owners we have received overwhelming support for the plan and would now like to get your opinion also.
We will be holding meetings at Bryce Resort over the next few weeks and encourage you to participate before anymore decisions are made about the improvements and upgrades — and the maintenance fees and assessments needed to pay for them.

Particularly if you have not been updated on changes that have occurred at the resort recently.

We have arranged accommodations for you at the Resort. At no charge.

As it is urgent that we implement this plan BEFORE fees go up. Please RSVP between November 16th thru November 19' at 540-856-9108. Our office hours are Wednesday thru Saturday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

This is not a solicitation to buy a timeshare. There is no obligation to buy, sell or join anything.
There will be a question and answer period after presentation of the plan — we look forward to meeting you.

Thank you,

Ken Cates
Director of Operations"

They Patriot will probably run the show at the meeting if they own majority of timeshare, figure they can jack up prices on owners to drive them out plus the more we pay and cover the cost, the less they have to pay, meaning they can make MORE $$$ in the end. As we know they are not paying full price on the maintenance fess on ALL the shares they own...

GeorgeGarman

Reaction score
Just FYI, Chalet High and Chalet High North were initially two separate homeowners associations. Many years ago, they were legally combined into one homeowners association. That is the group that has the December 10, 2011.

Creekside Village is a separate homeowners association. I believe that it was expanded to include the units that they built on the top of the hill near the entrance and this is when many of the problems began such as issuing contracts and never building the units. Downturn in the economy caught up with having paid inflated prices for property. Therefore no money to build units and pay mortgages.

Both Chalet High and Creekside Village were and are being managed by Alexander Property and Management companies. It appears that everything has been run like a ponzi scheme. Annual fees from both homeowners association being used to pay bills, property mortgages, etc. That explains why there have not been any homeowners meeting for Chalet High for years or annual income/expense accountings sent each year to the homeowners either as required by law.

I guess the same is true for Creekside Village homeowners association also. Amazing how long these types of activities can go on and continue to go on. They really work well when you have thousands of owners spread all over the U.S. and elsewhere and can not go to annual owners meeting. Everyone signs over their proxy vote and the same people stay the members of the board and decide how to spend, or not, the money coming in and they all appear to work for or are connected to Alexander Properties companies.

Just FYI, if you want a list of all of the owners for either homeowners association, the board of directors has to give permission. Want to bet you will never get that list of names, numbers and addresses.

If you are attending the Chalet High homeowners meeting December 10, it would be interesting to determine if they have a quorum as required by the bylaws to hold a meeting and conduct business and how do you know what they say is the truth. Need to read the bylaws to know what action they can legally take or not. Since they have failed to hold annual owners meetings and supply annual income/expense accountings to all owners as required by law I would suspect what was said by any current member of the board.

Odd, but I own at Creekside, the ones on the hill, and I got the Chalet High owners meeting letter. (We did at one point in time -a VERY long 15 years or so - own Chalet High and "traded" to purchase Creekside.)

From discussions here, it sounds like Creekside owner association is not the same as Chalet High. Did anyone get a Creekside owner's meeting notice? Did anyone call to ask about one?

Reaction score
Chalet High and Creekside Owner's Associations

Chalet High and Creekside Owner's Associations are two different groups per their filings with the Va SCC. Below are their Va SCC ID numbers and their 2011 annual report listing officers and directors of each LLC.

This is why it is so difficult for owners to figure out what is going on because many do not know which owner's association they belong to I think. Also because Alexander Property Management or a company thereof operates all of the properties and both home owner's association it makes it even more confusing. This is why it seems to be a ponzi and shell game going on at the same time.

Hope the below information helps.

Chalet High: SCC ID NO: 02319275

SCC eFile
(6/10)
2011 ANNUAL REPORT
COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
STATE CORPORATION COMMISSION
1.) CORPORATION NAME:
CHALET HIGH OWNERS' ASSOCIATION
2.) VA REGISTERED AGENT NAME AND OFFICE ADDRESS:
OFFICER
WAYNE D. ALEXANDER
1518 ORKNEY GRADE
P. O. BOX 12
BASYE, VA 22810
3.) CITY OR COUNTY OF VA REGISTERED OFFICE:
SHENANDOAH COUNTY
4.) STATE OR COUNTRY OF INCORPORATION:
VA
DUE DATE: 7/31/2011
SCC ID NO: 02319275
5.) STOCK INFORMATION
CLASS AUTHORIZED
6.) PRINCIPAL OFFICE ADDRESS:
ADDRESS: P.O. BOX 12
393 BIRD HAVEN WAY
CITY/ST/ZIP: BASYE, VA 22810-
7.) DIRECTORS AND PRINCIPAL OFFICERS: All directors and principal officers must be listed. An individual
may be designated as both a director and an officer.
X OFFICER X DIRECTOR
NAME: WAYNE D ALEXANDER
TITLE: PRESIDENT
ADDRESS: P O BOX 12
CITY/ST/ZIP/CO: BASYE, VA 22810-
X OFFICER X DIRECTOR
NAME: WILLIAM B MARTIN
TITLE: SECRETARY
ADDRESS: 10417 JORDAN PARKWAY
CITY/ST/ZIP/CO: HOPEWELL, VA 23860-
I AFFIRM THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ELECTRONIC REPORT IS ACCURATE AND
COMPLETE AS OF THE DATE BELOW AND THAT I AM LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO SIGN THIS REPORT.
/s/ WAYNE D ALEXANDER
SIGNATURE OF DIRECTOR/OFFICER
LISTED IN THIS REPORT
WAYNE D ALEXANDER,
PRESIDENT
PRINTED NAME AND CORPORATE
TITLE
10/3/2011
DATE
It is a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to sign a document, which includes this electronic record, that is false in any material
respect with the intent that the document be delivered to the Commission for filing.

Creekside: SCC ID NO 04656609

SCC eFile
(6/10)
2011 ANNUAL REPORT
COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
STATE CORPORATION COMMISSION
1.) CORPORATION NAME:
CREEKSIDE OWNERS' ASSOCIATION
2.) VA REGISTERED AGENT NAME AND OFFICE ADDRESS:
DIRECTOR
WAYNE D. ALEXANDER
1518 ORKNEY GRADE
BASYE, VA 22810
3.) CITY OR COUNTY OF VA REGISTERED OFFICE:
SHENANDOAH COUNTY
4.) STATE OR COUNTRY OF INCORPORATION:
VA
DUE DATE: 5/31/2011
SCC ID NO: 04656609
5.) STOCK INFORMATION
CLASS AUTHORIZED
6.) PRINCIPAL OFFICE ADDRESS:
ADDRESS: P O BOX 12
CITY/ST/ZIP: BASYE, VA 22810-
7.) DIRECTORS AND PRINCIPAL OFFICERS: All directors and principal officers must be listed. An individual
may be designated as both a director and an officer.
X OFFICER X DIRECTOR
NAME: WAYNE D ALEXANDER
TITLE: PRESIDENT
ADDRESS: PO BOX 12
X OFFICER DIRECTOR
NAME: STEPHEN C MAGUIGAN
TITLE: VICE PRESIDENT
ADDRESS: PO BOX 12
X OFFICER DIRECTOR
NAME: JOYCE G SAGER
TITLE: SECRETARY
ADDRESS: P. O. BOX 12
I AFFIRM THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ELECTRONIC REPORT IS ACCURATE AND
COMPLETE AS OF THE DATE BELOW AND THAT I AM LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO SIGN THIS REPORT.
/s/ WAYNE D ALEXANDER
SIGNATURE OF DIRECTOR/OFFICER
LISTED IN THIS REPORT
WAYNE D ALEXANDER,
PRESIDENT
PRINTED NAME AND CORPORATE
TITLE
4/27/2011
DATE
It is a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to sign a document, which includes this electronic record, that is false in any material
respect with the intent that the document be delivered to the Commission for filing.

Last edited:

imetin

Reaction score
What's going on at Creekside Village?

Hi,
I own at Creekside as well. Got the same letter from Patriot Vacations back in October, called the number and left a message. Nobody bothered to call back. Does anyone know when/if there is a meeting for Creekside owners?
We went thru a similar thing last year and had a phone conversation with somebody offering a “deal” but didn’t go for it. I’d like to find out what’s going on there now.

Reaction score
Sold our Chalet High week 2 years ago

All,

My wife and I were Chalet High South timeshare owners. Back a few years ago, about the time this thread got started, we received the phone calls and letters about selling our time shareshare back for this other type of vacation bank thing. I created an account in this BBS at the time and followed the thread. I also started trying to sell my timeshare. Of course no one would buy it but there were several companies that were willing to take it off my hands for a price. The prices ranged from $1000 up to $4000+. I think the "out" offered by Chalet High was around $2500 if I remember right. Most of the companies wanted about $1700.

I eventually went with a company called "My Timeshare Rescue". They were $1000. They sent me up some forms to have filled out and notorized. I did this and sent the papers back along with a check for $1000 (I think it was actually $950 or something to not quite be 1000). I did this in early 2010.

I have made it through 2 years of not going to my timeshare, or paying on it, or hearing anything about it. My credit score is fine and we have not recieved any calls from collection agencies. In other words, after 2 years, the money we spent must have worked.

Although we did not really want to pay $1000 to get out of the timeshare, at the time we thought it was the best move for us, and still do. I have not posted until now in case I was scammed. I didn't want other people to be scammed with me. But again, after 2 years of not hearing anything from Chalet High, I don't think it was a scam.

I hope this helps anyone else trying to get out of their timeshare.

GeorgeGarman

Reaction score
First Annual General Meeting

It looks like our pressure is working!
This is the first I received any kind of Board of Directors notes. I received them in Nov. from the May 15 BoD. They are looking for a new BoD member since one resigned (at the July 17 BoD meeting), unfortunately, the deadline for applying was Sept 30! This is ALL according to the information in the packet I received, though it did include what appeared to be an application.
The packet includes the bylaws and other relevant information.

"The 1st Annual Meeting of the Association will be hel on Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM in the Mt. Jackson Firehouse, Mt. Jackson VA. At this meeting the membership will elect a Board Member to a one year term to serve out the BoD position vacated by the resignation of the initially elected Vice-President."

Also included is the information for one applicant, Robert Williams.

ezskier

Reaction score
Update

The owners of Chalet High have asserted their rights after contentious owners meetings in late 2011 and early 2012. The new Chalet High Owners Association (CHOA) Board of Directors has hired a new professional timeshare management company SPM Resorts. CHOA is on its way to getting its house in order and updating its units. The new web site is www.chalethigh.org.

Ubil

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anything new on Creekside Village?

I just noticed that Tripadvisor no longer lists Creekside Village reviews. Is there anything new?

BearsFan315

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chalet High

Well we are scheduled to visit and stay in a few weeks, so when I am up there I will see what is going on and what has changed.

I do like hte new website, email updates we receive, and the communication we get from not only the owners association but the manangement company as well. I ahve received more info and communications from them in the last 6-8 months then i have from Chalet High in the past 6+ year combined !!

Hopefully this is the way it is going UPHILL !! Moving Onward & Forward...

One can hope and dream... correct ??

Reaction score
Chalet High Updates?

Can anyone who has recently gone there or had contact with the management/staff provide any information as to what has or is going on. Also do you believe it is getting better or is going to.

Thanks

Last edited:

BearsFan315

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recent Visit & Stay . . .

We recently visited and stayed at Chalet High, during our Owned week #28 this July.

Things are vastly looking on the Up n Up !! I was really impressed with how they have done some updating and change overs. The Check In is now located in the Building under Hot Plates Cafe, check in as an Owner was a Breeze, in & out in a flash. The changes to the Fitness center are nice, now have WiFi there which is a plus ;) Still no wifi at the units :/

Lady at the Pool was a Beotch, but everyone else was very nice !!

Looks like they are changing over from Cable to Satellite.. not sure if this is a perk or not. Unit was clean, grounds were clean. Had to call maintenance for an issue, and they were there in minutes, addressed the concern and VERY PLEASANT and PERSONABLE !!

We had access to the indoor pool, outdoor pool, and lake area.

Overall I would have to say things are on the move in the RIGHT direction, maintenance and upkeep has improved, can see some of the improvements going on, were actually MORE people staying on hte resort then we have sen in the past couple years we have gone up to stay.

We do miss the activities from the past i.e. the art n crafts (t-shirts, bags, etc..) as well as the ICe Cream Socials, and the Cook-outs. talking with the staff they hope to get all that back once they get the numbers back in owners and travelers to justify it all !! Looking good !! Hope it continues to MOVE in the RIGHT Direction...

tomhaney66

Reaction score
I have been told that the people doing their maintainance ripped them off and they need $1700 from each owner to recover!!
They are adding over a $100 interest each month that I don't pay and will soon turn me over to a collection agency.
I just want out but after reading this thread it appears it isn't that easy.
I'm having a hard time recently and don't know that I can afford a lawyer.
This has me scared. What can I do?

BearsFan315

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here on Vacation...

Well I am here on the resort, Chalet High...

I am glad to say that I can actually SEE PROGRESS !! they have been doing great things here. Lot of maintenance and work going on. All New Faces, which are friendly and open to conversate. Not saying all is well, but it is nice to see the resort heading in a positive direction.

I too have been asked to front some money to catch up... They jacked to maintenance fees to help build a reserve, so from $550 to $695. all the money they are asking $1700 is in regards to the 3 year overhaul plan. THey are going to rework all the building exteriors. Roof, walls, structure, etc... seal all the leaky roofs, repair rotting wood, and repaint entire exteriors. the one section that has been completed looks REALLY nice. NEW & FRESH. this is a 3 year plan. then they will evaluate doing the interiors of all the units in the next phase. so figure in another 3 years they will be asking for the same. this time to put in new flooring, paint, appliances, furnishings.

Figure there are 76 Units and 51 Prospective Owners per unit, so a Grand Total of about 3876 Prospective Owners POSSIBLE for Chalet High. figure one week is maintained by the Owners Assoc for Routine Maintenance and service. Typical for most all resorts, if not 2 weeks. The project Phase One is about $2.2 Mil and if they are asking EACH owner to pay $1700 that means there are only about $1250 ACTIVE Owners out there, putting the Owner Ration at about 32%. the Phase Two is expected to cost a little more then Phase One. and if there are LESS owners than the cost will increase !! so figure Phase two will run Owners about $2000 each.

Some of you know Patriot Resorts who BOUGHT out some owners and sold them into a pool share. My understanding is that Patriot Resorts is now in Bankruptcy and that hopefully in the end those units will be turned back over to Chalet High Owners Association.

Seems the plan is that ONCE all the WORK is COMPLETED they will go into a RESALE Phase and try to sell the units to NEW Prospective Owners to fill the resort back up and turn it around. Granted this is great, but how long do we have to wait and how much will it cost US to manage and run the resort until they can RESALE and get the Active Owner Rate back up above 60%. figure at that point the Maintenance Fees will stable out and possibly drop since the load will be more distributed amongst a larger number of owners.

So How Much, How Long...
Sorry not made of money and not an investor so it hurts...
Seems that the Management Company SPM wants the owners to FOOT the bill and pay to renovate and turn the resort around, so they are taking no risk and no investment in the resort. If it fails they lose the resort, no money out of their pockets, it all comes out of Ours !!!

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Resort map?

Does anyone have a resort map for Chalet High? You know, a map that shows which units are where and whether they are 3BR, 2BR, etc. If so, could you post it?

BearsFan315

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually I have an older map of Chalet High, nothing has changed in 20 years on that end... it DOES NOT tell 2 or 3 bedroom, not even sure it tells you which units are where !!

have to dig it out of the dust and look at it.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Any update on the progress of renovations?

Are there any Chalet High owners who can update us on the progress of renovations at the resort?

BearsFan315

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are well under way, best way to see and keep tabs on the happenings in to check out the facebook page. this is the owners money hard at work. each of the surviving owners.

this is phase one, phase 2 is coming with a cost...

maybe one day the resort will turn around, but at almost $700 a year in maintenance fees for no activities, events, etc... really hard to swallow !!

They are looking better, but structurally ?? original buildings are pretty old !!