• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Resort Consulting Group & Chalet High

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
This sounds like a interesting play on the standard PCC approach of pay us $3500 and we will take your timeshare off your hands (i.e. dump it on e-bay).

You give them your timeshare.
You give them $2765-3265 cash.
You pay them a yearly membership fee of $189.
They give you access to the InfiniteEscape website, which enables you to book timeshares at what looks to be market rental prices.

Is there a transaction fee for booking a timeshare from them?

Other interesting observations:

The few timeshares listed for rent on the InfiniteEscape website that I checked, are all available as rentals from RCI. The InfiniteEscape prices look like about a 10% markup for last minute deals.

The Reward Points discount appears to be illusionary. A PineCliff Village 1BR can be rented from RCI for between $305-521, with availability through Apr 2011.

Bichan

Reaction score
Is this the same Jay Fulk - that is with Alexander Properties?

SHENANDOAH VALLEY ANGUS ASSN. (2005)

Treasurer:
Jay Fulk, 5738 Cedar Run Trail, Broadway, VA 22815 (540-896-9118)

Fulk, Jay M.,
Cedar Run Angus, 5738 Cedar Run Trail, Broadway, VA 22815.
Tel. (H) 540-896-8732. (O) 540-856-3049. Fax 540-856-8546.

I-81, take Broadway Exit 257, then Rt. 259 W past Hilliard Middle School,
south 2 mi. on Sunset Dr., west 1 mi. on Cedar Run Trail, farm on right.

I have been with Chalet High from the early 80's. This Jay Fulk is the same person that has been with Alexander Properties since that time. A person who seems to not reply to letters or replies to messages left. Last year he signed for two mailings of payments and both were lost and never got to the finanical persons. :mad: :ponder: He needs to be held accountable by the owners in the association.

Bichan

Reaction score
I have received the same notice/ letter as in Post #58 above. I bought my Chalet High Timeshare back in 2000, have really enjoyed going there to get away, but I must admit, that the conditions & surroundings have not changed, evolved, nor developed. Many Activities are gone, less people there each time we go, and same ole things as last time. Looks like nothing has been upgraded, well our unit does have a dvd/ vcr player now ( woo hoo ). I have attended one of the HOA meeting they used to hold every december, and they always went over the budget, incoming, outgoing, and then a unit by unit breakdown of what money wasspent where in each unit, and other expenses. Sad part was there were only about 30-40 Owners there, so when they cast votes ( for raising fees, and making motions ) does not matter how we the owners present voted, since the BOD got the Proxy Vote from those NOT present they won out every time.

I am really in a mixed state as to what is going on, and what to do. I own my timeshare, as I bought it second hand for little or nothing, and have since paid it off. I do not like the hike in fees, I would be content with a hike in fees if i actually PHYISICALLY SAW changes and upgrades around the resort taking place. They expanded the resort and added creekside village, and neglected the rest, chalet high !! I believe in my deed that it will expire in 2040 ?? that is another 30 years from now. THey should have invested in the current properties and amenities, to keep them in good standing and such. I noticed that they used to be on the II & RCI list of top resorts winning rewards, but that was ages ago. Looks like they are out to make money and grwo grow grow, and not take care of those of us there, in trying to keep us there. Word of mouth is a powerful thing !! You build it they will come, but will they come back over and over again >?< that is the question !!

When you were at the HOA meeting in December was Wayne Alexander at that meeting? The last meeting I attended which was many years ago and due to my military service have not been able to attend. In the late 80's Wayne Alexander was an older gray haired individual; maybe late 60's or early 70's. So I am wondering if he is still active in the annual meetings or a relative.:ponder:

perez24

Reaction score
My wife and I just sat through the webinar. We always trade the weeks and have never had a problem with getting a week at the location we wanted. We haven't always gotten the actual resort we wanted but we've always been satisfied.

I didn't feel any pressure at all, and they didn't mention the deal everyone's talking about here until I asked about it.

Annoyed

Reaction score
I didn't feel any pressure at all, and they didn't mention the deal everyone's talking about here until I asked about it.

So what was the presentation about and how was it presented? I attended one of the early meetings and it was a lot of doom & gloom and scare tactics.

I wonder if they have changed the script.

perez24

Reaction score
Before it started the coordinator on the phone said if we wanted he would get in touch with some person who could tell us how much of a credit we could get if we sold the timeshare. We said we did. He also asked if we liked our ability to trade in weeks for other resorts and we said "yes." He seemed a little surprised but started the video

As I recall, the guy on the video said that Chalet High (CH) and Creekside Village (CV) are about a year from bankruptcy. They usually come in when a development is 3-4 weeks from it, but CH and CV, though appearing rundown and not well-maintained, are not at that stage yet. He also said that RCI and Interval use a rating system that compares the value of timeshares when trading in weeks and since CH and CV do not have a great rating and it's going down, we do not have access to some of the better resorts out there.

He continued....

Given the relatively low prices for units that CH and CV charge, they spend a lot of money on marketing (apparently only 10% of those pitched actually buy) and then after the commissions they pay there's not much left. They also do not have many new revenue streams since they do not own the golf course and ski slope.

They will be raising maintenance fees and there will be some assessments that coincide with what has been described, because (1) the high rate of non-payment of fees (15% vice 4% at most places) and (2) the apparently very low maintenance fees (which I can't say is true or untrue because I don't know). The increases will be used to improve maintenance, but in his words "you're not getting a new water park next year." They also might go after some of the people who don't pay in hopes of getting their units/weeks back and then selling them. I don't have a problem with that AT ALL.

They think they have about a 60% chance of turning it around. If they do, great. If not, some of the dire stuff could occur.

The video didn't run very well on our computer. The guy on the phone with us was very apologetic about that but he said we heard the main stuff. When I asked him about the software that they were supposed to try to get us to buy he said, "Well, you all are happy with your ability to trade in your weeks so there's no sense in you all buying it," and he never mentioned the program or the price. BTW, the "credit" they would have offered was 1k more than we paid for the timeshare, though we paid very little for it.

I mentioned the grilling they are getting on this site and they said (1) that's why they included a link to this thread in the e-mail they sent when we set the appointment (which I used to get to this thread) and (2) they might be responding to the thread in the future.

BTW, I called CH management prior to the webinar and asked what was going on. The lady said that CH is not on the verge of bankruptcy (which I guess is true) and when I mentioned hard-sell tactics she said that they've been asked not to do that.

Overall, as I said, I didn't feel any pressure. They did say their turnaround could fail, but they didn't mention the E-Bay stuff or, as I mentioned the software package.

Given the comments on this board, I was a little surprised at the webinar. Maybe things have gotten better, maybe I'm a sucker, maybe they're not being a hard sell as they were...I don't know.

Annoyed

Reaction score
Thanks for the details and tanking the time to respond.

Sounds like the high pressure sale method wasn't working and they adjusted accordingly.

"BTW, I called CH management prior to the webinar and asked what was going on. The lady said that CH is not on the verge of bankruptcy (which I guess is true)"

"..the guy on the video said that Chalet High (CH) and Creekside Village (CV) are about a year from bankruptcy."

They really need to get their story straight.

"(2) they might be responding to the thread in the future."
Oh please, please, please, please respond I'm always ready for a good laugh. I'd like to see them explain how there is no connection between RCG and (I think) eValley but the same person owns both websites.:annoyed:

"They will be raising maintenance fees and there will be some assessments that coincide with what has been described, because (1) the high rate of non-payment of fees (15% vice 4% at most places)"
I wonder how that additional 11% corelates with owners of non-existant units beyond the two years allowed by the contract. Kinda hard to push somebody to pay for something that doesn't exist.

MLynnEH

Reaction score
Letters from RCG and Chalet High this week

I've been following this discussion since we received our first letter from Resort Consulting Group last November. We purchased our week at Chalet High in 2004 (off ebay!), spent our 2004 vacation there, and have traded the week successfully through RCI since we moved from the DC area to Washington state in 2005.

In the last week, we received a second letter from RCG and shows that they've been reading this thread and/or catching some heat from other sources (Bold is in the original):

Some important things to consider before calling to schedule an appointment:
1. We do not hire telemarketers. Our operators are to book appointments only.
2. This is not mandatory. It's your timeshare, your investment. If you are content to allow events to transpire without your participation, then that is your right and privilege.
3. Our exit strategy is legitimate and real for folks who are dissatisfied or unhappy. Also, it is limited to how many weeks eValley is willing to acquire.
4. We will not be contacting you again as this letter fulfills all or our obligations to your association.​

This letter was signed by Ken Cates, where our previous letter was signed by James Mason.

Yesterday's letter was signed by Wayne Alexander from Chalet High Owners' Association detailing replacement of polybutylene pipes, repairs to the siding, appliance upgrades, new equipment in the exercise and weight rooms, and improved landscaping. They announced that they do not plan to increase maintenance fees this year, but "ask" for a special assessment of $150 "to continue the projects that are underway." Due date: March 1st.

Alexander continues, "It is always my pleasure to speak to you and to have you drop in to see me at my office in the Belle house. I return all telephone calls and answer all correspondence. Bless you all, (signed) Wayne Alexander"

It sounds to me as though somebody's getting rattled.

Last edited:

perez24

Reaction score
I don't think we've received the letter about the assessment yet...too bad since it's "due" on Monday.

Reaction score
Special Assessment

I also recently received a letter advising they were doing all sorts of repair work, upgrades to appliances and landscaping which they had received many compliments on. I also thought that it was interesting that the letter "asked" for an assessment of $150.00 per week to continue these projects underway.

Several years ago when the taxes went up with the real estate bubble, they sent out a letter advising that the Board of Directors had assessed a special assessment fee of $200 to cover the shortage the Association was facing because of the unanticipated increase in the taxes in addition to the annual fee which was $350.00 at that time. The next year they sent out a letter advising the Board of Directors had raised the annual fee to $550.00 which is what it remains today.

It is interesting that Chalet Hight started in 1981 as a 21 lot timeshare development. It consisted of units 1-21. Another initial public offering statement was issued July 1, 1985 which was for Chalet High North. That consisted of units 22-57. Units 22-37 were built and later followed by units 38-57. The big difference between the two was that the later units had newer style bathroom features downstairs such as the steam shower and the jacuzzi tub plus they put a toilet and sink on the second floor after a owner suggested it.

They use to have annual owner meetings at the Mimslyn Inn. They would send you an invitation and a proxy for voting if you did not plan on attending. Many years later the location changed to the old firehouse in New Market.
Eventually stopped receiving any notice of annual meetings.

In 1986 or so it looks like they voted to combine the Chalet High Owners Association with the Chalet High North Owners Association. I have yet to figure out what Creekside has to do with Chalet High since I can not find anything that shows they were combined.

It looks like most of the issues started when they expanded the project to the units on the hill at the entrance. I know they tried to get us to trade our unit in and buy one of those. Since then, it seems like all these issues have occurred and no annual meetings or even proxies have been sent out.

I believe that the Wayne Alexander listed on this most recent letter is the son of the original Mr. Alexander who started the place. I recall for some reason that we were told his son was taking over and that later he had passed away.

It is interesting to read the initial public offering statement and the declaration and association by-laws that were provided back then. The declaration, association by-laws and amendments should be recorded in the land books at the local courthouse.

Can't imagine what all the annual fee funds have been spent on all these years since very little has been done to upgrade or maintain the place. I think you can speculate on that yourselves and come up with the answer.

Just guessing but it seems that most of you posting are involved with the units on the hill or units that were suppose to be built in that area. It would be interesting to know which set of units you have when you post.

Every time I go there seems to be very few people there. It looks like if someone was interested in trying to revitalize the place they would just be open about what is going on and write to the owners about what the issues are, etc. With all the civil suits listed in the local courts it clearly appears nothing but bad.

As far as the $150.00 additional fee per week, I guess asking for it is one way to do it and no one could say anything if you paid it and it was not an official action of the Board of Directors. Sure looks like someone who has been doing this as a business so long would know exactly how to write a letter if conducting official and legal business of the Association and Board of Directors. They knew how when they needed the additional fee of $200.00 for taxes and when they raised the annual fee to $550.00.

As my father use to say. "Just because someone asks, you don't always have to say yes".

Thanks for all the posts as it sure is enlightening and helpful to know there are others out there.

pwilliam88

Reaction score
Are you serious!!

Well, great thread. Been down there twice now. Like to refer to the timeshare as the "twilight zone." The people that work there are very nice and seem to be quite tight lipped when you ask them whats going on. Then of course theres the group that totally bad raps the place and want to help you "out". Evalley I guess they call themselves. Made it a couple of minutes thru there meeting and walked out. Somehow selling the place to them and then owing them 4 grand really was quite bizarre. The more questions we asked the more annoyed the evalley rep got till she actually said we were "rude". That pretty much ended the presentation. Obviously they are a shill for Alexander or whoever collects and spends the money we send in. They actually cut our electric off for non-payment while I was there last year. Nice. Frankly I doubt they will get anymore from me. The 150 bucks for pipes by "March 1st"?? What is that a crack pipe, oh no, wait they said cracked pipes. The shame is we love the location, the golf course, the people at the resort. How do other people feel about ponying up 150 special assessment??

lhboss1

Reaction score
2010 Ownership Fee & Assessment

I've received the invoices...I'm not paying.

Reaction score
Special $150.00 fee

Based on the fact that the letter did not indicate that the $150.00 fee was approved by the CHOA board of directors and that it was a request "ask" then I consider it not to have any legal validity since all changes to annual or special fees must be approved by the BOD.

I always have concerns with a business person signing a letter "God Bless". That's the type of closing I would expect from a charity or religious organization requesting a donation.

JJ212

Reaction score
We have been in contact with the Attorney General's Office's Common Interest Community Ombudsman, Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation (804-367-0373) several times over the past few months. They have had numerous complaints about Creekside Village and Chalet High and are investigating the situation. However, while they may be able to take regulatory actions against the management, they would probably not be able to assist the timeshare owners directly in getting our money back, and they suggest hiring an attorney. We are thinking about doing this, and were wondering if anyone would be interested in a few of us getting together to hire an attorney and file a class-action suit (or something of that nature)? Also, has anyone else hired an attorney or have one they would recommend?

It sounds like a good idea, that is if anyone has the time to organize such an undertaking. The names and address of the TS owners should be recorded in the deed book at the land records of Shenandoah County, Virginia.

Annoyed

Reaction score
It sounds like a good idea, that is if anyone has the time to organize such an undertaking. The names and address of the TS owners should be recorded in the deed book at the land records of Shenandoah County, Virginia.

A good place to start would be with the current cases here http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.html for lawyers names and such that have experience filing against Alexander Properties. It appears that a number of people have gone the garnishment route and one case filed in 2009 in particular has over 40 plaintiffs and a bunch of defendents.

kathleenWelsh

Reaction score
hiring a lawyer

You're asking a bunch of people you don't know whether to sign a document that may or may not impact your finances? Please go talk to a lawyer.

Actually I did go see two lawyers long ago. I was told the time share companies have lawyers who would fight back, and it wouldn't be worth my time and money to file anything. So I haven't gone back.

Bichan

Reaction score
When you were at the HOA meeting in December was Wayne Alexander at that meeting? The last meeting I attended which was many years ago and due to my military service have not been able to attend. In the late 80's Wayne Alexander was an older gray haired individual; maybe late 60's or early 70's. So I am wondering if he is still active in the annual meetings or a relative.:ponder:

You mentioned that your deed expires in 2040. How is that written in your deed or information about your purchased?:confused: I was looking over my deed and it has nothing as such. Thanks for assisting in this matter.

Bichan

Reaction score
I have received the same notice/ letter as in Post #58 above. I bought my Chalet High Timeshare back in 2000, have really enjoyed going there to get away, but I must admit, that the conditions & surroundings have not changed, evolved, nor developed. Many Activities are gone, less people there each time we go, and same ole things as last time. Looks like nothing has been upgraded, well our unit does have a dvd/ vcr player now ( woo hoo ). I have attended one of the HOA meeting they used to hold every december, and they always went over the budget, incoming, outgoing, and then a unit by unit breakdown of what money wasspent where in each unit, and other expenses. Sad part was there were only about 30-40 Owners there, so when they cast votes ( for raising fees, and making motions ) does not matter how we the owners present voted, since the BOD got the Proxy Vote from those NOT present they won out every time.

I am really in a mixed state as to what is going on, and what to do. I own my timeshare, as I bought it second hand for little or nothing, and have since paid it off. I do not like the hike in fees, I would be content with a hike in fees if i actually PHYISICALLY SAW changes and upgrades around the resort taking place. They expanded the resort and added creekside village, and neglected the rest, chalet high !! I believe in my deed that it will expire in 2040 ?? that is another 30 years from now. THey should have invested in the current properties and amenities, to keep them in good standing and such. I noticed that they used to be on the II & RCI list of top resorts winning rewards, but that was ages ago. Looks like they are out to make money and grwo grow grow, and not take care of those of us there, in trying to keep us there. Word of mouth is a powerful thing !! You build it they will come, but will they come back over and over again >?< that is the question !!

You mentioned that your deed expires in 2040. How is that written in your deed or information about your purchased? I was looking over my deed and it has nothing as such. Thanks for assisting in this matter.

Bichan

Reaction score
Based on the fact that the letter did not indicate that the $150.00 fee was approved by the CHOA board of directors and that it was a request "ask" then I consider it not to have any legal validity since all changes to annual or special fees must be approved by the BOD.

I always have concerns with a business person signing a letter "God Bless". That's the type of closing I would expect from a charity or religious organization requesting a donation.

Thanks for thoughts on the issue of the special assessment. I have sent, certified return receipt, but with them not cashing the check makes wonder even more and agree with you as the word "ask".

Bichan

Reaction score
Well, great thread. Been down there twice now. Like to refer to the timeshare as the "twilight zone." The people that work there are very nice and seem to be quite tight lipped when you ask them whats going on. Then of course theres the group that totally bad raps the place and want to help you "out". Evalley I guess they call themselves. Made it a couple of minutes thru there meeting and walked out. Somehow selling the place to them and then owing them 4 grand really was quite bizarre. The more questions we asked the more annoyed the evalley rep got till she actually said we were "rude". That pretty much ended the presentation. Obviously they are a shill for Alexander or whoever collects and spends the money we send in. They actually cut our electric off for non-payment while I was there last year. Nice. Frankly I doubt they will get anymore from me. The 150 bucks for pipes by "March 1st"?? What is that a crack pipe, oh no, wait they said cracked pipes. The shame is we love the location, the golf course, the people at the resort. How do other people feel about ponying up 150 special assessment??

Thanks for thoughts on the issue of the special assessment. I have sent, certified return receipt, but with them not cashing the check more than 3 months makes wonder even more and agree with you as what is that place coming too. Besides what you mentioned about turning the electricity off what else have they tried since not paying. I live too far to go directly to the place, but it seems something is being put under the rugs.

iriegirl

Reaction score
We also received a letter some time back and never paid attention to it. Las week my husband received an email from RCG about a conference call we needed to be on regarding the mess our resort was in.

Tonight was our call with Danny Logan from Resort Consulting Group (which my husband called Resort Insulting Group!). All the videos talked about how horrible the conditions were, how much debt there was and will be and how we will be saddled with assessments if we decide to stay. After each video Mr. Logan would call us back to see what we thought. We did want to hear the exit strategy and heard about Infinite Exchange, Jim Mason Evalley LLC.

Right away my husband was suspicious! We asked Mr. Logan repeatedly if he in any way was benefiting from the Infinite Escape and he repeatedly said no. We then asked to hear the offer from Jim Mason and what do you know......he offered us the same amount we paid for our unit! Huh! My husband asked how he got that number so fast and Mr. Logan said he emailed Mr. Mason and got it. So, naturally we asked for a copy and he said he couldn't forward the email to us. Well, we told him we weren't interested in buying into Jim (James) Mason's vacation group and we'll ride it out. HE HUNG UP ON US!!!!!

So we started googling all kinds of stuff and first found this site. Here is some more information we would like to add to these threads:

Danny Logan stated he had no connection to Jim Mason BUT when we went to whitepges.com and looked up the phone number Mr. Logan called us from (540-564-0295) whose name do you think showed up?!!! That's right.....
Kent Hutchinson (?) and James Mason
both at 102 S Main St, Harrisonburg, VA

That's a little too close for comfort!!!!

We are riding this out and hoping for the best.

Reaction score
Still looking for a VA attorney

Hi all. I spent some time reading the most recent posts. My DH and I did not receive any letter regarding a special assessment. I have called a few attorneys to see if they are interested in reprenting us for breach of contract, but to date, not one has called me back. As you may recall, we have a contract that says our unit was to be built no later than two years from signing the contract. That would have been March 2006. The unit is still not built and we are still paying the loan. Bankruptcy is not an option for us, and neither is not paying to get them to foreclose. We do not want to ruin our credit. If anyone lives in the Shenandoah County area that can recommend an attorney it would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Fees, Year 2040, Lawyers

Interesting that not everyone has recieved a notice about the special $150.00 per unit, per week fee. Makes me wonder if a special group of home owners were targeted. Perhasp those of us who are long time owners (15-25 years), have always paid our annual fees and other special assessment fees on time and without question, are elderly and more likely just to pay what we think is a legitimate bill or perhasp we have someone assisting us with paying bills who would not know to question it.

Interesting that the due date was so quick, March 1, 2010 so perhasp we would not have time to think about paying it (got a bill and need to pay it by the due date so I do not get in trouble) or so we would not have time to talk to others about it such as on this blog.

I again have an issue with the closing of the letter "God Bless" as I think many of us elderly folks sometime think that is a sign of a nice, honest person and are more willing to believe what they say or ask. Just food for thought.

The CHOA expires in the year 2040 according to the association by-laws and at that time the members of the association must vote to continue it. You would still own your timeshare week as these are deeded timeshares regardless of whether the members voted to continue the existence of the homeowers association or not. If they did not vote to continue it, then the property would have to be liquidated and any funds left would be divdied among the owners. That is why you did not find anything about the year 2040 in your deed. You should have been given a public offering statement at the time you purchased your unit and that would have all the information about the timeshare, the association by-laws, rules , etc.

If you go to this site (http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing) hope the link works, it is the court docket system for VA. You can enter the system and select Shenandoah General District Court. Select civil cases and enter the name Alexander. It will take you to all the pending cases against Alexander Property. Inc. There are many and you can open each case to see who is suing, what for and who their attorney is. You might want to look at both active and closed cases and look for an attorney who has handled several of these cases as they would be familiar with the situation and perhasp could give you some advise over the phone as to your particular situation as I am sure they would already have handled one like it. You can also Goggle the attorney to see if they are local and it appears most are. Perhasp this is where all of our fees have been going all these years; to pay for attorneys to defend Alexander, Properties, Inc., Alexander Management,Inc. CHOA, etc against all of these lawsuits that have been and continue to be filed.

This is really a good example of how bad these situiations can get and what you apparenly can get away with and for so long when you have several hundred plus individual owners living all over the world, none who know each other or who everyone is and how difficult it is to come together to even know what the issues are.

iriegirl

Reaction score
We also received a letter some time back and never paid attention to it. Las week my husband received an email from RCG about a conference call we needed to be on regarding the mess our resort was in.

Tonight was our call with Danny Logan from Resort Consulting Group (which my husband called Resort Insulting Group!). All the videos talked about how horrible the conditions were, how much debt there was and will be and how we will be saddled with assessments if we decide to stay. After each video Mr. Logan would call us back to see what we thought. We did want to hear the exit strategy and heard about Infinite Exchange, Jim Mason Evalley LLC.

Right away my husband was suspicious! We asked Mr. Logan repeatedly if he in any way was benefiting from the Infinite Escape and he repeatedly said no. We then asked to hear the offer from Jim Mason and what do you know......he offered us the same amount we paid for our unit! Huh! My husband asked how he got that number so fast and Mr. Logan said he emailed Mr. Mason and got it. So, naturally we asked for a copy and he said he couldn't forward the email to us. Well, we told him we weren't interested in buying into Jim (James) Mason's vacation group and we'll ride it out. HE HUNG UP ON US!!!!!

So we started googling all kinds of stuff and first found this site. Here is some more information we would like to add to these threads:

Danny Logan stated he had no connection to Jim Mason BUT when we went to whitepges.com and looked up the phone number Mr. Logan called us from (540-564-0295) whose name do you think showed up?!!! That's right.....
Kent Hutchinson (?) and James Mason
both at 102 S Main St, Harrisonburg, VA

That's a little too close for comfort!!!!

We are riding this out and hoping for the best.

I sent an email to RCG this morning complaining about our call last night. Here is my email firs and then their reply:

Debbie,

We sat through RCG's hard sale of Infinite Escape with Danny Logan last night. When asked, Mr. Logan repeatedly denied any association with Jim Mason and Infinite Escape. When we finally decided that we weren't comfortable with RCG's pitch and wanted to ride it out at Chalet High, Danny hung up on us!!!!

After the rude ending to the call, we did a search of the phone number he repeatedly called us from and who do you think the number was registered to?! That's right!! None other than James Mason! Coincidence? I think not!

Our internet search has found several interesting facts about this current situation and we plan to stay in contact with those that provided the information and who are watching this situation as well.

Deidre Garoutte
Owner - Chalet High

Deidre,

I would like to apologize for the impression that Dan Logan gave you last night. Our company in no way condones that type of behavior. I have already spoken with Mr. Logan about this matter. The reason why we call people is because we feel that educated owners are more inclined to take the steps required to increase the quality of your resort. What Danny meant by RCG and eValley having no association was the fact that we are two separate companies. We started communicating via phone/internet because it enabled us to reach out to more owners in a timely fashion. Being that Jim has such a vested interest at this location, he assisted us with the IT support required in order to communicate in this fashion. I understand when talking about a unpleasant situation tempers will rise but this is in no way an excuse. Thank you for staying with the resort and we wish you the best of luck.

Chase Heatwole,

Resort Consulting Group Inc.

1-(540)-271-1200

Annoyed

Reaction score
Ahhh such professional and competent organizations evalley and RCG are. We attended the meeting after receiving the first letter and they carefully marked us as attending. We turned them down. Then the next letter asking us to attend another meeting, now last week we received a third letter offering a telephone/internet option. Are these people really this disorganized? If they cannot keep a simple list of who attended their meetings how do they expect to run their timeshare operation.

But this time they had the BBB logo on the letter so you know RCG/Evalley can be trusted.:rolleyes:

Last edited: