• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Resort Consulting Group & Chalet High

Annoyed

Reaction score
There may be nothing wrong at all. Usually we see a lot of shill postings by first time/only time posters that posted the very same day they signed up for the BBS. Just skeptical is all with the high number of first time and one time posters. Usually those involved in a public forum like this return to read what was read and respond. Many of the first time/only time posters haven't been back since their initial post.

Well that is because there is only so much that can be said about the situation. The difference that I see between the typical shill postings aka trolls and what is being posted here by us low post count people is we are being factual and not making empty accusations.

I'd say we have acheived our goal, or at least my goal, of being able to warn others about Alexander Properties by bringing this thread and Ricks Blog to the top of the google and bing search. Unless the situation changes or there is additional news there really isn't much need to respond to our original posts.

smakko

Reaction score
All these owners must be freaked out. When Googling, this is the only thread talking about this issue. I was ecstatic to find others talking about it so I posted right away. I'll bet the same is true for others. If this thread didn't specially address my concerns then yes maybe I would have waited awhile before posting... However, had it not been for this issue I would never have found this site.

Right on. My wife and I went down to Basye just this past weekend and while a Resort Consulting Group (RCG) rep was sitting across the table from us, we googled RCG on our cells phones and saw this posting. We then proceeded to stand up and leave the establishment without even looking over our shoulders.

After having dodged that bullet, we then discussed our options. We gone to Creekside/Chalet High for the last 10 years and its worn out its welcome in my opinion. Does anyone else plan on sticking it out with Creekside/Chalet High? Or for that matter, does anyone know of any other “exit options” other than what the RCG pitched?

Can we sell it, give it back, default on maintenance fees?

Its supposed to be a vacation spot, or at the least an escape option, but it just makes me feel slimy and physically ill everytime I deal with the folks down there.

JanFay

Reaction score
Duped by Chalet High

I purchased my timeshare in October 2007. I was told that they would new units built byApril 2008 at which time I would get a new unit in Creekside. To this date these units have not been built. I have a letter from management stating this and also that I would not have to pay any maintenance fees if I do not use the substitute timeshare until my unit is built.

They are now trying to get me to sign a new agreement to accept an older unit in Creekside. I have been paying on a timeshare since October 2008 and have not been able to use it.

Any help for me out here?

:mad:

JanFay

Reaction score
read my post from today 10-13-09 JanFay

Please read my post from today 10-13-09 from JanFay
Glad for all the recent posts. I was wondering if there were any owners of Chalet High still left.

In researching Chalet High, I came across the minutes to Sky Bryce Association, Inc.

From the March 27, 2009 minutes: "Update on legal issue with Alexander Properties, Inc. and Chalet High Owners’ Association: It was reported that our attorney is in the process of filing suit against both Alexander Properties, Inc. and Chalet High Owners’ Association for monies due SBA for road maintenance and patrol service. The first return date in Shenandoah County General District Court is tentatively scheduled for June 15, 2009."

From the April 17, 2009 minutes:"Comments from Non-Board Members on Agenda Items: Sally Montrey, General Manager of Bryce Resort, reported that the Resort will be running the public pool complex this year instead of Alexander Properties, Inc."

May explain the issue about using the outdoor pool.

"Old Business:Update on legal issue with Alexander Properties, Inc. and Chalet High Owners’ Association: President Jeff Bown reported our attorneys are still addressing this matter. It was noted that Alexander Properties, Inc. has made their first scheduled monthly payment to the Shenandoah County Treasurer on their delinquent real estate taxes."

It looks like bills for Chalet High HOA were not being paid. In one set of minutes it stated that Sky Bryce Association, Inc.'s attorney was checking unit titles to see which owners' property they could place liens against. Not that it would do much good since you can not resell your units because of no market for them or for that matter even give them away.

What a mess but glad to see there are others out there who are concerned with what is happening. Shame no one seems able to find out what the truth is.

Reaction score
Continuing Mess

Based on the information below, it appears that there are a lot of judgments being issued against Alexander Properties, Inc. (API)/Chalet High Owners’ Association (CHOA) properties as a lot of folks are finally taking their issues to court.

Recently spoke with an attorney who got a judgment for his client but he advised that he was doubtful his client would ever see any money since no one is interested in developing or buying property now or in the near future so if Alexander Properties, Inc. is able to sell any of the property that it has been ordered to liquidate, there will little money to go to those who have obtained judgments. I would imagine that monies would go to secured creditors first and then to others if any was to be left based on the below minutes.

I still have no idea where this puts owners in all this mess and what the liability is for the CHOA. It sure is not clear as to which issues are just against Alexander Properties, Inc., the CHOA or both. Clearly who you have been dealing with or signed contracts with would most likely determine which entity each of us would be concerned with.

Minutes of Regular Monthly Meeting of Board of Directors
Sky Bryce Association, Inc.

June 19, 2009
Legal: "Chair Larry Williams was absent. It was reported by President Bown that the judgments against Alexander Properties, Inc. for road maintenance fees and Chalet High Owners’ Association for past patrol services will be finalized in 10-14 days."

Minutes of Regular Monthly Meeting of Board of Directors
Sky Bryce Association, Inc.
August 28, 2009

Legal: "The President had hoped for action by our attorney to obtain a court order to foreclose on Alexander Properties, Inc. (API)/Chalet High Owners’ Association (CHOA) properties. Currently in Shenandoah County Circuit Court, there is a creditors’ suit against API involving more than 40 creditors. This lawsuit is seeking to sell off API owned properties and apply the proceeds towards all secured debts. SBA is a named party to this matter. Our attorney has filed an answer listing all amounts due and owing to SBA, including the latest judgments. According to our attorney, until this lawsuit is resolved, it is not in SBA’s interest to pursue enforcing the judgment and assessment liens through foreclosures while a suit involving the same properties is pending. SBA is a secured party in the lawsuit, and any proceeds that come out of the creditors’ suit will be dispersed among the secured creditors, in the order that their debts were secured. The President will keep the Board updated on this matter."

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
skybryce.org

The annual meeting of members of Sky Bryce Association, Inc. will be held
on Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 3 pm in the Bryce Resort Ski Lodge.

Ubil

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Letter

I received this letter last week:

"You have over the past several months received correspondence from Resort Consulting Group, Inc. advising you of meetings being conducted at your resort. The purpose of these meetings is to share important information which is already impacting your ownership at Chalet High/Creekside Village.

Many owners have asked if there was any way they could get the information without having to drive to the resort. Because of the many requests received, Resort Consulting Group, Inc. has asked eValley, LLC. to help make this data available online.

Since you have a significant investment at risk - and because additional maintenance fee increases and assessments are likely - you will need to call 540-246-8025 for additional instructions. Please have the code at the top of this letter ready.

Regards,
James Mason
President, eValley, LLC."

Has anyone made the call?

4sandie

Reaction score
we are supposed to attend a meeting there tomorrow, should we just skip it????

Annoyed

Reaction score
I received this letter last week:

"You have over the past several months received correspondence from Resort Consulting Group, Inc. advising you of meetings being conducted at your resort. The purpose of these meetings is to share important information which is already impacting your ownership at Chalet High/Creekside Village.

Many owners have asked if there was any way they could get the information without having to drive to the resort. Because of the many requests received, Resort Consulting Group, Inc. has asked eValley, LLC. to help make this data available online.

Since you have a significant investment at risk - and because additional maintenance fee increases and assessments are likely - you will need to call 540-246-8025 for additional instructions. Please have the code at the top of this letter ready.

Regards,
James Mason
President, eValley, LLC."

Has anyone made the call?

I haven't received that letter since I was among the first couple months of "meetings". Go ahead and make the call and post the information here. I just love how they are trying to make it appear that RCG, EValley and Infinite Escape are separate companies when they are all run by James Mason.

4sandie

Reaction score
a family emergency kept us from going after all, but from all I've read here maybe that was a good thing.....

Reaction score
RCG Inc. Letter dated 10/12/09

Latest letter to be received from RCG,Inc.

"Dear Chalet High/ Creekside Village Owners,

Within the past little while you were contacted by mail to schedule an appointment to meetings which were being held for your benefit at Bryce Resort. If you attended that meeting then please disregard this letter. If not you may be interested in knowing that one of the issues being discussed were impending maintenance fee increase. Since then maintenance fees have increased across the board for all owners.

Other topics included in those meetings were why the property has been in decline for several years, what can de done about that, and options available to you if you were unhappy or dissatisfied with your timeshare.

If you are happy with your timeshare then you will be interested in knowing that most of the issues concerning Chalet High and Creekside Village may possibly be resolved within a few years.

If you are dissatisfied with your timeshare you probaly know by now that it's much easier to get into a timeshare than it is to get out of one.

We have negotiated an agreement with eValley LLC to provide a guaranteed exit out of your ownership. To date approximately 1000(my edit) of your fellow timeshare owners have reviewed that option. Approximately 40% have chosen the eValley option as a safety net in view of current economic conditions.

Some important things to consider before calling to schedule an appointment.
1. We do not hire telemarketers. Our operators are to book appointments only.
2. This is not mandatory. It's your timeshare, your investment. If you are content to allow events to transpire without your participation, then that is your right and privilege.
3. Our exit strategy is legitimate and real for folks who are dissatisfied or unhappy. Also it is limited to how many weeks eValley is willing to acquire.
4. We will not be contacting you again as this letter fulfills all of our obligations to your association.

If you chose to join us for a meeting, please bring any paperwork relevant to your timeshare in order to ensue that our staff can best assess your individual situation."

Apointment instrucions, times, number , etc

"With Regards
Ken Cates
Resort Consulting Group, Inc"

Reaction score
Questions

1. If Chalet High/Creekside Village Homeowners Association has been and is in such troubles then why as owners have we not been contacted by the Board of Directors letting us know what these issues have been or are and what suggestions they had for dealing with them?

2. I am sure there is limited liability for the BOD members under law but if they failed to take normal, reasonable and prudent actions to address these issues or failed to inform the owners of such issues then what liabilities do they have and what if any action can be taken against them?

3. Why did the BOD not notify the owners that they were hiring firms to address these issues on behalf the owners and what they were attempting to accomplish?

4. Why has the BOD not provided (by mail or e-mail or posting on the internet) owners with annual financials of income and expenses for the CHOA nor annual or other BOD meetings? Sure would be nice to see an appropriate accounting of how much money has been received and for what and to whom it has been paid for.

5. Why would any company want to offer you a way out by taking your time share if expenses will continue to rise and there all these legal and other issues with the timeshare as well as the economic issues? If they buy your timeshare then they would be responsible paying the annual maintenance fee for each week they purchased just as any owner. Why would you want to take on that financial liability for something with rising annual fees, which you can not sell in such poor economic times?

If it was me, I might want you to pay me to take your timeshare and once I obtain 51% ownership of all timeshares then I have voting authority at meetings. If I then wanted to upgrade the complex then as majority voter I could get the BOD to impose a huge special renovation fee for the existing 49% of the other owners. Might be a great way to upgrade/renovate an old facility without having to pony up all the money myself. Might have myself a nice new looking modern timeshare to start reselling again.

6. If annual maintenance fees went up because the real estate bubble increased real estate taxes and insurance then why have they not gone down as they have everywhere else since the fall in the value of real estate has occurred?

There are lots of questions so if anyone knows any of the answers to the above please share them with the rest of us folks. Also if anyone attended the meeting in regards to the previous post, please share what was presented to you with the rest of us.

Last edited:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a former member of a BOD of an HOA, I can tell you that yes there is liability for negligence by BOD members and that most HOA's carry Directors Liability insurance policies for this reason.

1. If Chalet High/Creekside Village Homeowners Association has been and is in such troubles then why as owners have we not been contacted by the Board of Directors letting us know what these issues have been or are and what suggestions they had for dealing with them?

2. I am sure there is limited liability for the BOD members under law but if they failed to take normal, reasonable and prudent actions to address these issues or failed to inform the owners of such issues then what liabilities do they have and what if any action can be taken against them?

3. Why did the BOD not notify the owners that they were hiring firms to address these issues on behalf the owners and what they were attempting to accomplish?

4. Why has the BOD not provided (by mail or e-mail or posting on the internet) owners with annual financials of income and expenses for the CHOA nor annual or other BOD meetings? Sure would be nice to see an appropriate accounting of how much money has been received and for what and to whom it has been paid for.

5. Why would any company want to offer you a way out by taking your time share if expenses will continue to rise and there all these legal and other issues with the timeshare as well as the economic issues? If they buy your timeshare then they would be responsible paying the annual maintenance fee for each week they purchased just as any owner. Why would you want to take on that financial liability for something with rising annual fees, which you can not sell in such poor economic times?

If it was me, I might want you to pay me to take your timeshare and once I obtain 51% ownership of all timeshares then I have voting authority at meetings. If I then wanted to upgrade the complex then as majority voter I could get the BOD to impose a huge special renovation fee for the existing 49% of the other owners. Might be a great way to upgrade/renovate an old facility without having to pony up all the money myself. Might have myself a nice new looking modern timeshare to start reselling again.

6. If annual maintenance fees went up because the real estate bubble increased real estate taxes and insurance then why have they not gone down as they have everywhere else since the fall in the value of real estate has occurred?

There are lots of questions so if anyone knows any of the answers to the above please share them with the rest of us folks. Also if anyone attended the meeting in regards to the previous post, please share what was presented to you with the rest of us.

BearsFan315

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chalet High North... Where do we go from here <?>

I have received the same notice/ letter as in Post #58 above. I bought my Chalet High Timeshare back in 2000, have really enjoyed going there to get away, but I must admit, that the conditions & surroundings have not changed, evolved, nor developed. Many Activities are gone, less people there each time we go, and same ole things as last time. Looks like nothing has been upgraded, well our unit does have a dvd/ vcr player now ( woo hoo ). I have attended one of the HOA meeting they used to hold every december, and they always went over the budget, incoming, outgoing, and then a unit by unit breakdown of what money wasspent where in each unit, and other expenses. Sad part was there were only about 30-40 Owners there, so when they cast votes ( for raising fees, and making motions ) does not matter how we the owners present voted, since the BOD got the Proxy Vote from those NOT present they won out every time.

I am really in a mixed state as to what is going on, and what to do. I own my timeshare, as I bought it second hand for little or nothing, and have since paid it off. I do not like the hike in fees, I would be content with a hike in fees if i actually PHYISICALLY SAW changes and upgrades around the resort taking place. They expanded the resort and added creekside village, and neglected the rest, chalet high !! I believe in my deed that it will expire in 2040 ?? that is another 30 years from now. THey should have invested in the current properties and amenities, to keep them in good standing and such. I noticed that they used to be on the II & RCI list of top resorts winning rewards, but that was ages ago. Looks like they are out to make money and grwo grow grow, and not take care of those of us there, in trying to keep us there. Word of mouth is a powerful thing !! You build it they will come, but will they come back over and over again >?< that is the question !!

Ubil

TUG Member
Reaction score
HOA Meetings?

They used to have HOA meetings in December?

I have owned at Creekside Village since 1998. I have never received any notification of HOA meetings, and I have repeatedly asked, by phone and mail, when they were. I have asked for minutes of the meetings and they have never been provided. I have asked to speak with Wayne D. Alexander, President of the Creekside Village Owners' Association, and he was never available and never returned my calls or letters.

Which reminds me of another question that I need to ask, but won't hold my breath waiting for an answer: Are the Chalet High Owners' Association and the Creekside Village Owners' Association separate organizations? I suspect that legally they are, but that the finances are hopelessy intermingled.

Reaction score
Annual Reports and CHOA

It is my understanding that the two homeowners associations merged together sometime ago. Will have to look to see about that one.

Other interesting fact. According to Va. law, the BOD is required to send out an annual report to all homeowners. Has anyone ever seen or got their annual report? Might have made it a little easier to have seen what has been and is going on if one was received each year as required.

The state code section is below:

55-370.1. Time-share estate owners' association annual report.

A. Commencing with the time-share estate program and within 120 days after the close of each fiscal year thereafter, an annual report shall be prepared and distributed to all time-share estate owners. The annual report required hereby shall be prepared and distributed for each time-share estate project registered with the Board. During the developer control period, the annual report shall be prepared and distributed to all time-share purchasers by the developer or its designated managing entity and thereafter by the association.

B. The annual report shall contain the following:

1. A list of the names and mailing addresses of the members of the association's board of directors and the name of the person who prepared the report;

2. A balance sheet as of the end of the fiscal year;

3. An income statement as of the end of the fiscal year;

4. A statement of the net changes in the financial position of the association for the fiscal year just ended;

5. A statement of the time-share estates occupancy expenses, the regular assessment, any special assessments or other charges due for the current year from each time-share estate owner; and

6. A copy of the current budget reflecting the anticipated time-share estate occupancy expenses along with:

a. A statement as to who prepared the budget;

b. A statement of the budgetary assumptions concerning occupancy factors;

c. A description of any provision made in the budget for reserves for repairs and replacement;

d. A statement of any other reserves;

e. The projected financial liability for each time-share estate owner, including a statement of (i) the nature of all charges, assessments, maintenance fees, and other expenses which may be assessed, (ii) the current amounts assessed, and (iii) the method and formula for changing any such assessments; and

f. A statement of any services not reflected in the budget that the developer provides, or expenses that it pays, what it expects may become a time-share expense at any subsequent time, and the projected time-share expense assessment attributable to each of those services or expenses for the association and for each time-share.

C. In lieu of the annual report required by subsection A, during the first twelve months of the time-share program, the developer or the association shall prepare a budget which shall contain the information contained in subdivision 6 of subsection B.

Ubil

TUG Member
Reaction score
Annual Report

I have quoted that section to them when I have requested the annual report in the past. Especially when they tried to claim that they weren't required to because the HOA was developer-controlled. Their response was to promise to have Wayne Alexander call me, but he never called. I don't see it in the section that you copied here, but I think that they are also required to submit the Annual Report to the Va. Timeshare Board (or maybe the real estate commision - not sure, but it was some Va. government org).

They did send me the Creekside Village Owners' Association, Inc., 2009 Budgetary Projections in August.

I scanned the budget in and tried to attach it, but it apparently is too big. The budget is 1 page with an additional 2 pages of justification, mostly "(such and such) expense is estimated based on Management's prior experience."

Any suggestion on how to post the budget (other than typing it all in)?

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Creekside Village Basye Virginia

Just finished looking at our photos from Creekside Village
from a few years ago and was wondering if the developer

1 - Black topped the gravel road at the top of the resort
2 - Refurbished orginial units 1-10 (on the lower level rd)

Our interior photos are of the first units at CV
and from our pictures units look nice and clean,
but a little old fashion with standard furnishings.

Reaction score
Annual report

It is interesting that they would tell you it was still under developer control and they did not need to send you the annual report when the state code says that if it is, it is the responsibility of the developer to send out the annual report which is stated in the first paragraph of the state code.

I wonder if there is not a bit of confusion as to what units represent Creekside Village and which represent Chalet High.

Our units were purchased in the early 1980s and were the newest units built. They ran from the office/pool building to the end of the road along the golf course. Our first unit looked the same as the ones they built later except the first unit has a big Roman tub in the downstairs bathroom and the second unit built a couple of years later has a more modern tub and steam shower. They also put a toilet in the utility room on the second floor of the ones built later.

Many years later, maybe in the mid or late 1990s they built the units on the hill at the entrance to the resort. Never been in those units.

I think you would need to check your original paperwork that describes which units constitute which group and to see if they were ever merged into one HOA.

Makes it very difficult to really know what the issues are for the owners. Really proves that to divide and conquer does work as none of us know the other owners and to which HOA we belong to and which property belongs to which HOA. Also makes it impossible to determine if they expanded an original HOA with the development of new units and/or units to be developed.

I guess this is why timeshares have had so many issues since there are so many owners spread over everywhere and you have to depend on the BOD for the HOA to look after your interests. Also interesting that the law does not allow the BOD of the HOA to provide a list of names and addresses of all the owners to other owners and you can only request that they send out something to other owners if they agree to do so and it is at your expense.

This really seems a good example of a situation that the Virginia Attorney General's Office should have the authority to investigate and take action in to protect consumers. There is really no excuse for Virginia to provide so little protection to its consumers when there is a lot of money involved in these timeshares for the individuals who purchased them and clearly a lot of opportunity for potential mismanagement, etc and virtually no way for a consumer to address their issues as a group and without a huge cost as a consumer or as a group.

speedy

Reaction score
Virginia Attorney General

I telephone a friend in state government in Virginia and they stated Chalet owners should file a written complaint with the Commowealth of Virginia, Office of the Attorney General, 900 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219 and the Office of Consumer Affairs, 102 Governor Street, Richmond, VA 23219. Consumer Protection Hotline Toll Free in Virginia 1.800.552.9963 or area 1.804.225.2666.

Maybe the state of Virginia will step up like the state Florida in protecting consumer rights in the timeshare industry.

We have been in contact with the Attorney General's Office's Common Interest Community Ombudsman, Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation (804-367-0373) several times over the past few months. They have had numerous complaints about Creekside Village and Chalet High and are investigating the situation. However, while they may be able to take regulatory actions against the management, they would probably not be able to assist the timeshare owners directly in getting our money back, and they suggest hiring an attorney. We are thinking about doing this, and were wondering if anyone would be interested in a few of us getting together to hire an attorney and file a class-action suit (or something of that nature)? Also, has anyone else hired an attorney or have one they would recommend?

speedy

Reaction score
Same Exatct Scam

I purchased my timeshare in October 2007. I was told that they would new units built byApril 2008 at which time I would get a new unit in Creekside. To this date these units have not been built. I have a letter from management stating this and also that I would not have to pay any maintenance fees if I do not use the substitute timeshare until my unit is built.

They are now trying to get me to sign a new agreement to accept an older unit in Creekside. I have been paying on a timeshare since October 2008 and have not been able to use it.

Any help for me out here?

:mad:

We had an absolutely IDENTICAL situation when we bought ours, both in terms of the "pre-construction purchase" and now trying to get us to accept an older unit in Creekside. After several calls to the State Attorney General's Office, we are now looking into hiring an attorney. Does anyone else have any interest in joining in to hire an attorney to represent a group of us who were scammed?

Way Out User

Reaction score
Had same experience

I just attended a meeting at Chalet High on Nov. 23, 2009 with Dan Logan, one of the eValley Consultants. Got the identical pitch to what is described below. No one seems to have found a way out here. What happens if Alexander Properties goes bankrupt? Do TS owners have a liability for unpaid bills? Also, is doing a Quit Claim Deed a viable solution in lieu of paying them $3265 to get out?
TIA

I attended a meeting with Resort Consulting Group on 5/8/09 about Chalet High. Here is what they presented to me.

Options

1. Keep timeshare and ride out the storm.

60% chance of a turnaround in the next 18 months, otherwise bankruptcy. In that case, property owners are liable for the 15% delinquency (700 owners) unpaid fees. National average is 4% delinquency.

One of the pedestal homes burnt down. The home owner’s association management had the wrong type of insurance, in which the home owners association was paid for the loss but not the actual 52 homeowners. Looking at possible law suits against the home owners association. That is us, so we could be charged additional fees to reimburse their loss.

Surveys by people you have traded into Chalet High are very negative (upkeep and appearance, leaks do to roof damage, old and worn-out appliances, lack of amenities such as an entertainment director). These surveys are used by RCI and II to rate time share locations, if a time share location goes below the national average by a certain number of points, the time share location owners are no longer able to trade outside their own time share. Chalet High is in a couple of points of that happening. It appears that the Home Owners Association Management has been inept in their management of Chalet High.

Costs of repair and maintenance have increase over the years. The national average for maintenance fees are $750.00 and will be increasing.

Cost analysis of fees:
Yearly maintenance fee at present time, most likely will go up in the future.
2009 $550.00
2010 $650.00
2011 $750.00
2012 $750.00
2013 $750.00 total for 5 years is $3,450.00

Interval International yearly fee-$120.00 x 5 = $600.00
Trade processing fee $164.00 x 5 = $820.00
Total for 5 years: $3,450.00
$600.00
$820.00
$4,870.00

2. Sell to E Valley L.L.C. (Internet based E-Bay seller and holding company with a local office in Harrisonburg Va.) Licensee of Infinite Escape software used to find vacation rentals.
They offer rentals at a discount not ownership, so there is no homeowner liability there.

Multi License Plan
$9,990.00 Onetime fee
-$7,000.00 For my time share
$2,900.00
+$275.00 legal processing fee
$3,265.00 Total

Individual License Plan
$9,490.00 Onetime fee
-$7,000.00 For my timeshare
$2,490.00
+275.00 Legal processing fee
$2,765.00 Total

There is a yearly membership and software licensing fee of $189.00.

Multi License means up to four individuals can have a copy of the software so as to let them plan their vacations and only one individual can have the software under the Individual Plan.

Each year the plan gives the following reward points:
Hotel rewards $2000.00
Condo rewards $4000.00
Cruise rewards $2000.00

Rentals less than 60 days out are considered short term and run between $299 and $399 a week. Those that are beyond 60 days out are premium and run $700.00 to $900.00. The rewards points are used to reduce the price of the rental. I’ll give to examples of real rentals from online.

The Villas at Fairway Retail: $1450.00
Bushkill, Pennsylvania Rewards: $1151.00
Short term condo (less than 60 days out) Price: $299.00

Pinecliff Village
Ruidoso, New Mexico
Select condos (premium, more than 60 days out) Retail: $1395.00
Rewards: $714.00
Price: $682.00

Userid: 440742
Password: guest
Email: (you may be able to use yours)

I did a followup with the BBB of Harrisonburg Va online and found E Valley L.L.C. (Infinite Escape software) is owned by James Mason who is also the registered owner of resortconsultinggroup.net

Hope this helps

jay37

Reaction score
Deception?

I did a followup with the BBB of Harrisonburg Va online and found E Valley L.L.C. (Infinite Escape software) is owned by James Mason who is also the registered owner of resortconsultinggroup.net

Hope this helps

Hmmm... Funny thing is when I went to my meeting Mr. Ken Cates, of Resort Consulting Group, said that he didn't care what we, the owners, choose to do because he is unaffected either way. He's said that he was just bought in to right the ship as an independent third party consultant. I guess that was a lie because he apparently represents both consultant and potential purchaser.

Last edited: