• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Silver Lakes Vacation Club

afruitbat

Reaction score
May I talk with some of you?

I have just become aware of all the trouble owners are having regarding the Resort. Is everyone paying the $1500 plus the Maintenance fees?
My mother bought a week there in 1986 and she is no longer well enough to use it and wants to sell. That is how I found out about everyones outrage.

1000XsDTA

Reaction score
My parents were just notified of the "special assessment" due on January 10, 2009. Finding out about this "special assessment" on such short notice, I found this forum by searching the Internet. I'd be interested to know what action could be taken and what steps other owners are taking. Thank you!

Randuncan

Reaction score
Don't pay extortion money to help this illegal Operation!

:cheer: It might be cheaper but it won't be join the group to to stop the unfairness and illegal activity of this board. Right now it will save you big bucks call 805-456-3938 and leave your information and we will contact you.This is going to stop!!!!
I am also an owner at Silver Lakes in California. There are more that 10 units, probably 30 units. I still have my proxy vote for the meeting in March, 2008. the only items to vote on were the board members. I also did not get copies of the by-laws when I purchased there in 2001. I traded in a unit in Florida- it was a big mistake.

When I called about the points conversion they told me that I would not be able to trade anywhere without it. DAE is not taking deposits from them anymore. They did not offer me the $4000 to take it back. I wonder if that number is negotiable. It might be cheaper than attorneys fees.

I don't think the assessment was properly voted on.

Reaction score
angry newbie

Any owners of Silver Lakes Vaction Club, please email me as we have a group of owners that are trying to take action against these sleazebags that are running this Club.

Feeling threatened - I just paid them $2099.47 - am angry and just found this site. A lawyer suggested class action and looks like there might be something going on. Let me know - have just been forking out $ for years without using! When the guy said, "You haven't paid 08 or 09 or the special assessment" - I thought "whoa, isn't it too early to be asking for 2009?!" I know I will need to read all of the posts here, but I just wanted to get in here for now! Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello, I am in the same boat. I had a buyer but before I could sell Silver Lakes told me that I had to pay the $1500.00 assessment so we did and then the sell was not finalized because they told my buyer that it could not be exchanged but the paper work slvc sent to them said that there was a $200 additional fee to exchange. This is on top of the $495 maintenance fee. I asked for my money back and they refused. I am protesting it through my Visa card company. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I did call them a couple of omnths ago and slvc has the lowest rating that a business can get F and they have numerous complaints filed against them. It can be done online. SLVC is in San Bernardino County I believe. It may be in LA County. I have also considered contacting the attorney generals office. I also asked for a list of the owners at slvc and Larry told me that it would cost $1200.00. I think that everyone should contact the Better Business Bureau and the attorney generals office. We may get some results.
I have been a "member" of Silver Lakes Vacation Club since 1982! I have my old contracts, bylaws & whatever and it says that, "The Association shall annually compile a roster of the names and addresses of each of the Vacation membership Owners (the "Roster"). Upon the written request of a Vacation Membership Owner, the Association shall furnish such Vacaation Membership Owner with a copy of the Roster and may charge such Vacation Membership Owner a reasonable fee therefor." $1200? sure - that's more than reasonable.

cmpawlik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please, owners of timeshares at SLVC. Do not pay these crooks a penny. Contact me at cmpawlik62@yahoo.com. Join the group that will stop SLVC from extorting money for illegal practices.

cmpawlik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our group is adding more dissatisfied owners everyday. If you are tired of the bully tactics from Silver Lakes Vacation Club. Please contact me. We are stronger in numbers. And please if you haven't already, do not pay SLVC another cent. cmpawlik62@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Silver Lakes Vacation Club / Mission Villas at Silver Lakes problems

Went by recently to try to resolve my problem. This resort really needs to be exposed for what it is!

cmpawlik

TUG Member
Reaction score
SLVC Owners Take Notice

If you feel you are being scammed by Silver Lakes Vacation Club or you are being taken to small claims please email me. Join in on exposing these crooks.

MiracleWorker

Reaction score
Im out you want 2 be to?

In reality I look this whole situation as, did I really want to go to court? Is this worth my time? and out of everyone who has gone to battle against silver lakes who has won? none? no body!
I have an attorney but not for this....until.... I recieved a collection letter from the "new" collection agency. I went to my attorney immediately, he went over my signed contract with SLVC. Then he advised me..... he gave me two options, pay or fight? :cheer: I AM OUT OF MY CONTRACT WITH SILVER LAKES! :cheer: I chose not to fight! The collection agency got me out of my "Perpetual" contract. I have a couple friends who also have SLVC timeshares, and when word gets around how easy it was.... you might think about following suit.

linlos

Reaction score
Yikes! We have been experiencing the same problems and felt at such a loss as to what to do. We tried to donate the time share to our church, but SLVC said it wouldn't be able to do that. We paid the $1500.00 fee, plus our yearly maintenance.

We went there this week for our week vacation, and we ended up buying into the points program. Now, I am concerned about this!! We paid them even more money-- actually we charged it on a credit card. What do we do now??

Any suggestions from any of you I'd really appreciate it. Now, I am wondering if we have made a mistake. Our sales guy was great and we really like and trust him. But after reading all these posts, I am very concerned.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Last edited:

MiracleWorker

Reaction score
You are lucky! you didnt go to collections, not that the "new" collection agency wasn't helpful in my case. But when you get in the situation that will effect my/your/our credit reports. Over a timeshare i think not! It sounds like you made the right move. you now have RCI pionts and go wherever you want....

cmpawlik

TUG Member
Reaction score
SLVC scams

I disagree with some of the previous posts. You are not lucky because you are still at the mercy of SLVC. You may have RCI points today, but the way SLVC is in trouble, you may not have them for long. The management at SLVC are crooks and are out to scam as many SLVC owners as they can. They are using scare tactics right now. In there newest communication out of 1088 "owners" they have over 450 in default. That is near half who for some reason have decided no more. Please people read between the lines and do not pay these extortionists one more penny. Our group has retained counsel, you have options. You are not alone in this mess. In a previous post our groups website address is up there check us out. We are a legitimate group of dissatisfied SLVC owners who say ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

nacnud.ca

Reaction score
Mission Villas

I heard that the Class Action lawsuit is now over. Can someone give an update on this? I am thinking of buying RCI Points at this resort.

Reaction score
Silver Lakes Vacation Club and Mission Villas problems

I heard that the Class Action lawsuit is now over. Can someone give an update on this? I am thinking of buying RCI Points at this resort.
The lawsuit is NOT over. The class action part has been postponed for now, which means you are not protected unless you are a member of AFTSLVC. For more information go to www.AFTSLVC.com . Please be advised that Silver Lakes Vacation Club and Mission Villas is one and the same. Last year Silver Lakes Vacation club took nearly 100 members to court or sent them to collections. Members of AFTSLVC were protected.

Reaction score
Silver Lakes Vacation Club has gone Bankrupt

Silver Lakes Vacation club has filed for Bankruptcy against himself. William D Bunch, the man in charge of SLVC has filed for Bankruptcy in July 2011. Mr. Bunch claims SLVC owes WDB Marketing, a company Mr. Bunch owns and controls, a half million dollars. He also claims he owes nearly a quarter million to Reefland Estates, a company who uses the same address as Silver Lakes Vacation Club. I am curious as to where the money has gone? If you want true answers, contact the court in Riverside (case # 6:11-bk-33951) to see for yourself. You can also see Mr. Bunch's testimony under oath available at WWW.AFTSLVC.com.

hilgard50

Reaction score
Need help with Silverlakes Mission Villas

We upgraded from SLVC to Mission Villas under the multiple week ownership, and were told by the Silver Lake team that we would be responsible for only one maintenance week annually. We are now being told that all maintenance weeks regardless of usage are to be paid. This to us, is a drastic change from what we were told initially.

If you have a similar situation, please private message *PM me, as we are seeking guidance as to what options are available to us.

Reaction score
Silver lakes vacation club lost big time

Silver Lakes Vacation Club aka Mission Villas got their clock cleaned today. They lost on every point in the verdict handed down by a jury to The Associates For Truth at Silver Lakes Vacation Club. The nearly three week trial in Victorville resulted in a victory for Silver Lakes Vacation Club members who believed they had been wronged.

Tsharestuff

Reaction score
Went on here to let everyone know the outcome of this very very long drama. Looks like Silver Lakes Sam beat me to it. Just glad it's finally over and if anyone on this board has a contact with RCI please let them know about the case and the decision. To anyone who is thinking of getting involved with Silver Lakes Vacation Club or buying there, run as far and and fast as you can the other direction.

EDLOST

Reaction score
Silver Lakes / Mission Villas

:cheer:I was told there were only five members that opposed the Silver Lakes/Mission Villas upgrade and that the Association was suing the members for it. I didn't know about this big law suit. I know, I feel stupid. I know there has to be other members out there in my same position. We need eight more members to go back to court. If you or you know another member that needs to get out of this life long membership that never ends please call me at 805-577-1808 Leave your information and I will call you back if I'm not there. Don't join the Star program. Call even if you have.

EDLOST

Reaction score
Silver Lakes / Mission Villas vacation club owners

:cheer:We now only need six more memberships to start the new lawsuit. If you were left out of the first one and want out please call me at 805-577-1808.

KAdlard

Reaction score
Silver Lakes / Mission Villas vacation club owners Lawsuit

I would like to be included in this new Lawsuit. I really want to get out of this program. I am in collections and almost paid until I found out paying would not get me out of this. Please keep me updated.

RetiredLT

Reaction score
:cheer:We now only need six more memberships to start the new lawsuit. If you were left out of the first one and want out please call me at 805-577-1808.
I TOO WILL TAKE BUNCH DOWN. HE CAN LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO JAIL!!! anyone else out their with a silver lake time share who wants to file a legal complaint can send me an email with your name and phone # and I will contact you.......retirdlt@tampabay.rr.com

jimbo213mo

Reaction score
I TOO WILL TAKE BUNCH DOWN. HE CAN LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO JAIL!!! anyone else out their with a silver lake time share who wants to file a legal complaint can send me an email with your name and phone # and I will contact you.......retirdlt@tampabay.rr.com

:hi: OK we've talked today and I also want to be part of this. The first legal action was not CRIMINAL [the State of California did not have resources NOR desire to pursue WDB] but WAS CIVIL and successful.

That's all I want - OUT of my contract without paying the get-out fee that WDB demands.