• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Peregrine Townhomes San Luis Pass-Whacked by Ike

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
December 22, 2008

Since the last update a lot of work has been accomplished. Tons of storm debris has be removed from the Peregrine site and moved to the county road. The county has removed this debris to their landfill. We have completed removing the dry wall material from all 26 units that were damaged by storm water, and these units have been treated for mold. The stairs to 20 units that were damaged by the storm have been demolished and removed. The roofs of all units that were damaged by the storm have had temporary repairs made. The scope of work for removal of concrete driveways undermined by the storm and sand backfill of the entire property has been completed. We are currently out for bids for this portion of the repairs. The water well repair company has visited the site, and they believe that the water well can be repaired, and a new water well is not required at this point. We have begun work with an engineering firm and county officials to determine how we are going to proceed with the sewer replacement. We continue to work with state and county officials to obtain permission to repair the bulkhead surrounding the property. We continue to work with the Windstorm and Flood Insurance companies to answer their settlement questions, and no settlements have been offered to date.

Yikes, there's a lot going on there. Marilyn, what kind of increase did you see in your 2009 maint fee bill? Did they include any mention of a possible special assessment? Did they say when Peregrine would be open to guests...are they hoping to have units ready for occupancy this coming summer? I hope everything works out well for all concerned!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Peregrine Week and IMO the best course of action would be to liquidate rather than rebuild. If liquidating, owners could divy up the insurance proceeds and any other liquidation monies. If we rebuild, there will be a large special assessment which many owners will attempt to walk away from causing an increase in regular MFs. Personally, I'd rather take what I can get out of liquidation proceeds and use it to buy a Week in a dirrerent resort, be it on Galveston or elsewhere.

George

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Has anyone talked to the resort management lately? I'm wondering what their best guess is for reopening?

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
We are at Silverleaf Seaside this week and we just got back from a drive down and over the bridge to Peregrine. Some of the road after the bridge is out but they have made temp sections to get by. After passing the resort the road stops and detours onto the beach. Not sure how far you have to go on the beach before you get back on the road. We drove back on the beach towards the resort and took some pics. Take a look....

http://picasaweb.google.com/EHophop8/Peregrine#

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are at Silverleaf Seaside this week and we just got back from a drive down and over the bridge to Peregrine. Some of the road after the bridge is out but they have made temp sections to get by. After passing the resort the road stops and detours onto the beach. Not sure how far you have to go on the beach before you get back on the road. We drove back on the beach towards the resort and took some pics. Take a look....

http://picasaweb.google.com/EHophop8/Peregrine#

Bleak. :( Thanks for the pics.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I took a few pics of Inverness by the Sea about a month ago workers were repairing the roof. It's finished now but not open probably have lots of inside work to do. Those pics are on my photo site.

We saw 4 or 5 trucks bring in sand the other day to put on the beach along the seawall. This will be going on for sometime. The seawall beach area main drag looks pretty good. Most of the restaurants and shops are open now. We saw a few here and there closed. As you drive inland to the side streets you will see storm debris around and not so good. The Historic Stand area is cleaned up good but the building inside need lots of work. We only saw a few places open. None of the attractions or museums are open. Moody Gardens is open. Schlitterbaun is closed. Going towards west side out to Seaside just before Jamaica Beach there is a (or was) a mobile park that is totally gone but there has been no effort to clean it, it looks like a war zone. Lots of the Beach houses still have blue tarp on the roofs. The State Park is closed. There is a camping park just before Seaside that looked pretty full. Seaside had minimal damage and they have fixed the area across the street by the beach, looks good. I have pics on my site. If I get a chance I'll try to take some more pics before we head home.

Hop's pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/Ehophop8

I didn't get a chance to take any pics of the seawall this morning it was very foggy. We couldn't even see the car in front of us. But did get a few pics downtown on THE STRAND.

Last edited:

TMTIP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would vote for liquidation also. In fact, I am ready to give mine away. We own week 30, it has been a good trader but we own 2 others (other places) and three is just too many.

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
my 2 cents

Yikes, there's a lot going on there. Marilyn, what kind of increase did you see in your 2009 maint fee bill? Did they include any mention of a possible special assessment? Did they say when Peregrine would be open to guests...are they hoping to have units ready for occupancy this coming summer? I hope everything works out well for all concerned!

I have not talked with anyone from the resort just yet. I think we should give them time to do the clean up and repair/rebuild. I know (Sam) the manager will do everything (at minimal coast) he can to get the place back in shape. Have a little faith.

Normal increase on MF'S.

As for reopening. I do beleive on their website it says Sept. 29, 2009. So that means that it will NOT BE OPEN FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS. (we are going to loose two weeks at this resort this year):bawl: :bawl:

TugBug7

Reaction score
Peregrine to reopen this summer

Talked with my cousin yesterday who is a also timeshare holder of Peregrine. Per a phone conversation from the office, Peregrine will re-open this May 2010.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Talked with my cousin yesterday who is a also timeshare holder of Peregrine. Per a phone conversation from the office, Peregrine will re-open this May 2010.

No, they "hope" to open by May. I talked to them a week ago. Nothing is finalized. RCI will do an "inspection" (whatever that means) before they start accepting weeks for deposit. I hope they open in May because I own a late June week.

Last edited:

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
well

OK, if they don't open till May 2010 I am going to loose yet another week. That is five in all.............(one was deposited with RCI and they gave it back)man I wished I could have deposited my weeks and made exchanges before this. So much $$$$$ out the window.......:eek: :bawl:

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
waiting

yes another update with NO reopening date yet!!!!!!! I never expected it to take this long.......we know about all the permits and stuff but............We just keep loosing weeks and $$$$$$$$$$$. We are trying to stay positive!!!!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Drove by there 2 weeks ago and the place isn't looking very good. They have yellow tape up and keep out signs. If they are open by may I would be very suprised

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!

timbuktu

TUG Member
Reaction score
New subject Oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico

Does anyone think that the oil rig leak in the gulf of Mexico in Louisiana will travel all the way to Texas and the beaches at Peregrine ?? Please no !!!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now they are predicting it will hit Louisiana and east. No mention of it coming galveston way

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
opening date

http://peregrineresort.net/public/ikestatus.php They're hoping to open some units by July 2nd. My June week is now useless. :( What a PITA. The resort blames all the government agencies involved but I'm not 100% convinced.

larryu

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peregrine Townhomes at San Luis Pass
Sedona Pines Resort
Grandview Las Vegas
They're open!

http://peregrineresort.net/public/ikestatus.php They're hoping to open some units by July 2nd. My June week is now useless. :( What a PITA. The resort blames all the government agencies involved but I'm not 100% convinced.

The resort is open, and basically brand new. It took a while, BUT they did it with absolutely no assessments! Kudos to the management here - they really do look out for their owners. Sam Wax, the general manager, is quite an interesting fellow. If you run into him, relax, and enjoy his stories.

By the way, there were major problems both with government agencies and with the insurance company. In the end, the resort prevailed. "Thank You" to Sam and a dedicated board for their unrelenting drive to reopen this resort. This is one member who appreciates what "you all" have done down there!

Larry Utesch
Southern California

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
Kudos to the managment

Yes I agree they have done a remarkable job!!!!!!! without SA we are so happy to have our peice of paradise back..the place looks great. You should come down for a visit...Thank you Sam and Mellisa for the great long and hard working days........they have paid off.........until next time...:D :cheer: