• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] New Construction at Cypress Pointe

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
At long last the permits have been received to start construction of the new Cafe Pointe at Cypress Pointe Resort! Also, the installation of the new lightning protection poles has begun.

For a look at the photos of the activity at the resort this week, clck the link below:

http://cypresspointe.net/Graphics/042508/CafeLight42608.htm

Per Prez John Chase, there is still no action on the recreation area as the permit needed to restart construction still shows "pending" status. We have been told it was approved but until that status changes work cannot resume.

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz, Director & Treasurer
CPR@LBV Condo. Ass'n

Last edited:

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Latest construction news on Cafe Pointe from Prez John Chase:

"Due to the required drain pipe work the design plan for the Cafe has
been altered to include a larger floor space now incorporating the
former phone room and a window on the east side and a new, separate
mechanical room on the west side next to the elevator to allow a
better layout of the counter space. Neither change is substantial to
the plans and there should be no construction delay except the few
days needed for the new drain pipe installation. Anticipated grand
opening of Cafe Pointe is August 15, 2008."

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Just 1 More Example Of Steady Improvements & Upgrades At Cypress Pointe.

Anticipated grand opening of Cafe Pointe is August 15, 2008."
Thanks for that report, Stu.

One thing that makes Cypress Pointe Resort a standout -- in addition to just about the best timeshare location in Orlando, I mean -- is it's refusal to stand pat, instead always working (& succeeding) toward getting better & better.

I agree with Prez. John Chase & the Cypress Pointe team that as a practical matter, it's not a choice between improving on the 1 hand & on the other hand staying the same. The real-world choice is betwen steadily improving on the 1 hand, or on the other hand sliding into decline -- perhaps imperceptably at 1st but coasting downhill nevertheless.

To its credit, the owner-controlled HOA-BOD at Cypress Pointe is always looking for ways to improve, always looking ahead, always getting ready for the next round of upgrades & improvements & renovations.

Hats off to John & Stu & the whole gang.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto: Hats off to John and Stu great "Job" !

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stu,

Besides this post, there was another about a special assessment at CPII GV also for major work/renovations there.

Do you have any idea how disruptive this would be to guests by this fall.... we are looking at anytime from Oct through the end of the year and can be flexible if it means we miss being in a construction zone...

Thanks,
Pete

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It is a well planned process

Stu,

Besides this post, there was another about a special assessment at CPII GV also for major work/renovations there.

Do you have any idea how disruptive this would be to guests by this fall.... we are looking at anytime from Oct through the end of the year and can be flexible if it means we miss being in a construction zone...

Thanks,
Pete

The construction at CPR is limited to the Cafe (one corner of the Clubhouse - outside by the pool) and the former sales trailer area in front of the Clubhouse. Both are unlikely to impact owners/guests at the resort and both should be largely complete by August.

At CPGV the projects they are tackling now are the move of the tennis courts from the rear of the resort to the front near the main entrance (across the parking area from any building) and the new laundry/housekeeping building also across the parking area in the rear of the resort. Again neither should have any big impact on owners guests as the work is on the edge of the property.

When CPGV starts the pool renovations, roof replacements and other major work there will be some impact but I don't know the timetable for any of those projects or the unit renovation work over there. I'm sure they will do everything possible to minimize impact on guests, as CPR did, but a minimal amount of inconvenience is bound to result at some point. You always hope it will be a slow time and as few as possible will find a pool closed or an area off limits for construction work. There is never a perfect time as someone is bound to be on vacation during the work. That simply cannot be avoided.

We got through the Clubhouse Lobby renovation, the CPR 100% unit renovation and the CPR pool deck replacement so I'm sure that somehow the CPGV work will also be accomplished ASAP with as little hassle to guests as possible.

Also - one more set of pictures from last week just posted

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Turtle Pool & Free-Form Pool & Volcano Pool -- Outstanding.

You always hope it will be a slow time and as few as possible will find a pool closed or an area off limits for construction work. There is never a perfect time as someone is bound to be on vacation during the work. That simply cannot be avoided.
While 1 or both pools are out of commission for repairs & renovations at The Grandevillas, anybody staying there can just go over to Phase One & enjoy the famous Volcano Pool.

poolnightw.jpg

-- hotlinked --

The arrangement between Phase One & Phase Two allowing anybody staying at either resort to use all the amenities & facilities of both resorts is a convenient feature for owners & renters & exchange guests at both phases.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Also work at CPGV

And here is an update on the new laundry building at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. Progress all around the two resorts!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will all the updates be completed by February 2009. Great job as always !

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Will all the updates be completed by February 2009. Great job as always !

The 2 ongoing projects at CPR should be completed by August (with the exception of the new Gazebo - due in September & Gas Grills due for completion by October).

I'm not sure of the time line at CPGV but the laundry and tennis court move should be done by then or at least close to a wrap. They have other projects planned but no schedule posted.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Creative Name For New Building ?

And here is an update on the new laundry building at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas.
Phase One named its new building R.A.L.P.H. -- Repairs And Laundry Plus Housekeeping.

What name does Phase Two have in mind for its new on-site washateria ?

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Carl D

Reaction score
Did CPR lose their Gold Crown? That would seem unlikely with the improvements, but I don't see it listed.

I enjoy looking at the construction pics, and I'm glad to see the onwers money well spent.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And just wait until the 2010 unit work. CPR will get even better

Did CPR lose their Gold Crown? That would seem unlikely with the improvements, but I don't see it listed.

I enjoy looking at the construction pics, and I'm glad to see the onwers money well spent.

Unfortunately with the higher average ratings requirements that RCI implemented for the 2008 ranking year CPR missed Gold Crown by .1 percentage points in two categories. At least in part, we believe, due to the roof construction that occurred in 2007/8 that did lead to some parking and other problems around the resort. We did achieve RCI Silver Crown for 2008 and, of course, continue to work toward regaining that highest award ranking.

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. I look forward to (hopefully) seeing new ones every few days as work progresses.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Gold Crown, Shmowld Crown.

CPR missed Gold Crown by .1 percentage points in two categories.
Shux, I have stayed at other Gold Crown timeshares that are nowhere near as nice as Cypress Pointe Resort -- Phase One or Phase Two.

As a practical matter, all the Gold Crown designation does is increase the Points For Deposit value of straight-weeks timeshares deposited into the RCI points-exchange system instead of into the week-for-week exchange system.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with AwayWeGo, we have stayed at some Gold Crown Resorts and they were not up to CYP I. Sometimes I feel resorts in the state of FL, exchangers expect more.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just look at the construction update pictures at CYP things are looking great.
Will CYP be the first Diamond Resort to add gas grill?

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just look at the construction update pictures at CYP things are looking great.
Will CYP be the first Diamond Resort to add gas grill?

Some other Diamond affiliated resorts already have gas grills but of those that don't we may be the first to add them.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The Cramden Buildings -- Ralph & Alice.

Phase One named its new building R.A.L.P.H. -- Repairs And Laundry Plus Housekeeping.

What name does Phase Two have in mind for its new on-site washateria ?

How about A.L.I.C.E. ?

You know, All Laundry Items Cleaned Excellently.