• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007 Thread] Has anyone seen "Wicked" in L.A. at Pantages?

amyloo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, I went to see it last weekend at the Pantages. My brother lives in Hollywood. He bought the tickets only about 1-1/2 months in advance, and we went on a Saturday night. There were still seats available, on both left and right mezzanine. We walked to the subway station at Hollywood & Highland from his apartment, and rode just one stop to Hollywood & Vine. It was a great night. Dinner at Yamashiro's first and chocolate malts at Mel's diner after the show. Earlier in the day we went to the Getty Museum for several hours. The following day we went to see a movie in the Chinese Theater. It was quite the Hollywood Cultural Weekend!

I see you are a fellow Arizonan, did you know it's coming to Gammage in July 2009? My sister in law has an "in" with group sales at the box office and we already have tickets. Can't wait! :banana:

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Funny but very politically biased

The music is good but the anti Bush sentiments expressed are quite obvious. If you can overlook the anti Bush and blatantly anti American sentiments you will enjoy it.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The music is good but the anti Bush sentiments expressed are quite obvious. If you can overlook the anti Bush and blatantly anti American sentiments you will enjoy it.

Huh? I both read the book and saw the musical. I must have missed all of this.

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you are a fellow Arizonan, did you know it's coming to Gammage in July 2009? My sister in law has an "in" with group sales at the box office and we already have tickets. Can't wait! :banana:

I have been very disappointed both times I've been to Gammage. I won't go again. Couldn't hear well at all. If you're not right up front, the accoustics are terrible.

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wicked

I'm finally going to see it this Wednesday at the Pantages Theatre. Orchestra seating. :whoopie:

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I am so jealous!

I finally have tickets to see Wicked when it comes back to San Francisco next year! I just bought them through ticketmaster a couple of days ago. I could either get side orchestra seats or center loge, so I opted for the loge.

Now I just have to wait until June 2009 :rolleyes: !

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
TravelZoo reminder

I kept forgetting about it until I received an alert from TravelZoo on the Wicked tickets. Since it was a great price on center orchestra seats, I couldn't pass it up. I went ahead and bought them for a Wednesday night since a weeknight is emptier than a weekend show. Luckily, I also got a discount for having Amex Reward points.

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
We live an hour away from NYC. My DH loved Wicked. He bought the sound track and he NEVER does that and he has the show tunes on his MP3 player. When he insisted on taking me and our daughter, we agreed, just to please him. I thought it was O.K. but I wouldn't want to see it again. Our daughter was also not impressed. Since that time, my DH has seen it again and I still don't get it! But I know there are many people who rave about the show. :shrug: And I agree, Avenue Q was hillarious, but DH didn't like it!

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score

It's a function of the cast

Saw The Producers with Jason Alexander and Martin Short at the Pantages and they adlibed a reference to Kobi and his issues in Colorado with the Concierge

Last edited:

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
amazing value

We live an hour away from NYC. My DH loved Wicked. He bought the sound track and he NEVER does that and he has the show tunes on his MP3 player. When he insisted on taking me and our daughter, we agreed, just to please him. I thought it was O.K. but I wouldn't want to see it again. Our daughter was also not impressed. Since that time, my DH has seen it again and I still don't get it! But I know there are many people who rave about the show. :shrug: And I agree, Avenue Q was hillarious, but DH didn't like it!
I liked it a lot, but not enough to see it again and again. It's definitely a lot of fun. I also loved Avenue Q.

For those who still want to go to the Pantages in order to see Wicked, here's the text of an email I received for $55 orchestra seats.

This offer is good for Tuesday through Friday performances at the Pantages Theatre through Oct. 10.

Here's how to buy your tickets:
1. Click the link below
2. Choose your desired date by selecting "Find Tickets"
3. Enter FALL7 under "Promotions and Special Offers"
4. Discount is applied once you click "Look For Tickets"

http://www.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.asp?457995

I ended up in orchestra row R, seats 206-207. These seats were fantastic, about halfway up the orchestra section and slightly off-center.

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
another TravelZoo reminder

SAN FRANCISCO--FEBRUARY 23, 2009-- "Wicked" is offering
Travelzoo users a presale for tickets to all shows June 30 -
Sept. 27. Tickets to this hit show always sell fast. This is
a rare chance to get the best seats before they are gone.

This exclusive presale is live until March 14 at midnight
PST. At that point, tickets will go on sale to the public.

Available ticket levels:
- Balcony ... $30 midweek / $40 weekends
- Mid-Mezzanine ... $40 midweek /$50 weekends
- Orchestra ... $80 midweek /$99 weekends

To purchase tickets, click the link below. You must use code
51GREEN in the "Promotions and Special Offers" section.
[URL]http://www.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.asp?541934[/URL]
If those of you in the SF Bay Area haven't seen it yet, there's a great deal on tickets.

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
CalifasGirl, thanks for the TravelZoo link. I missed that on my own.

Now for those who have seen it, is it a show for young kids? Like Lion King? What ages do you recommend?

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd say junior high kids and up. Not sure about younger kids. It's a great play about bullying, and people who are different from the rest, so if they are aware that some people are treated differently from others, they're probably old enough to enjoy the play and take the lesson to heart.