• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] ARI??? (American Resorts International)

uncletupelo83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased my Maria Alm timeshare several years ago from a American Resorts International Holiday Network in Chicago they have a few aliases which seems strange. I have been paying them my maintenance fees for my Maria Alm timeshare. I have been trying to contact them because they sent me to a collection agency for my maintenance fees that used to be deducted automatically from my checking acct. None of their phone #s are working, the collection agency #s aren't working. But I have to spacebank my week before the 15th of Sept or I lose it. Do I have to deal with them or can I use a different company. Help

dabuckman

TUG Member
Reaction score
ARI, come out, come out wherever you are???

I actually spoke with someone from ARI many moons ago, was promised an information package from them and they were going to setup my II account as I also own at Maria Alm. I tried to do this myself, but now joy since ARI happend to change my ownership # without letting me know.

Since my phone call, I've seen/heard/smelled nothing (except something fishy) from them. I've emailed them twice with 0 (that's ZERO) response. I'm going to phone them again tomorrow, though not expecting anything new.

Needless to say, not impressed and beginning to wonder how big of a scam ARI is???:mad: :annoyed: :mad: :annoyed: :mad:

Last edited:

JROBIN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the contact information for ARI that I have:

Alpenland Member Services
2 TransAm Plaza Dr
Suite 300
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

(866) 625-6548

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Moving this from Lounge as it seems more appropiate.

Note--the OP is from 9 months ago.

MrBOB

Reaction score
Phone # is good

Here is the contact information for ARI that I have:

Alpenland Member Services
2 TransAm Plaza Dr
Suite 300
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

(866) 625-6548

I called this # on 8/12/2009 and spoke to Beatrize. She gave me an email reply.

craig001

Reaction score
These people suck!

As far as I am concerned - the management team at Resorts International suck! I have had my unit since 1988 and the last few years they have gone downhill so fast I wonder if anyone has thought of filing a lawsuit.

For the last few quarters I have received phone calls about my maintenace fees even though the checks had all ready been deposited and cleared my bank. Annoying.

Now a the 2009 week I deposited in August is still not showing up on Interval International's site.

Add to that the fact that you can't sell these units just makes me want to burn my shares certificate! Anyone else feel this strongly about these folks?

Reaction score
ARI Holiday Network

I am trying to get out of my "membership" with ARI Holiday network. If anyone has successfully ended their relationship with these people please forward the information on. I have read that if you inform them that you do want to end the membership and send it them in writing you are not legally binding with them any longer. This is just a membership and not deeded in anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

khana1954

Reaction score
I am trying to get out of my "membership" with ARI Holiday network. If anyone has successfully ended their relationship with these people please forward the information on. I have read that if you inform them that you do want to end the membership and send it them in writing you are not legally binding with them any longer. This is just a membership and not deeded in anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you still have a copy of what you read about the membership and not being a deed in anyway?
I stopped paying the M/F in Dec. 2011 and have already their in-house collection agency calling me. There is still a pending law suite against ARI and I will contact this law firm to join the class action lawsuit-if possible.

smoberly

Reaction score
Do you still have a copy of what you read about the membership and not being a deed in anyway?
I stopped paying the M/F in Dec. 2011 and have already their in-house collection agency calling me. There is still a pending law suite against ARI and I will contact this law firm to join the class action lawsuit-if possible.

What ever happened with this....I also own with them and would love to end my membership.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What ever happened with this....I also own with them and would love to end my membership.

khana1954 wrote that post in Feb. and hasn't been back since. To contact them, click on their blue user name and send them an email.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
If you own an ARI's Holiday Network membership, you own for 99 years. You do not have a deed, but you do have a Stock Certificate. To sell your membership, you must release the certificate, by affixing your signature thereto, along with the information from the buyer. You would then send the Stock Certificate (preferably REGISTERED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED) to ARI at the Oakbrook address (along with transfer fees). Your timeshare ownership must be paid-in-full at the time of transfer, and all maintenance fees must be current. Therefore, if you are still making payments, the offer accepted from the buyer may be insufficient to cover the balance due on your sales finance contract.

abrtchg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ARI Alpenland
If you own an ARI's Holiday Network membership, you own for 99 years. You do not have a deed, but you do have a Stock Certificate. To sell your membership, you must release the certificate, by affixing your signature thereto, along with the information from the buyer. You would then send the Stock Certificate (preferably REGISTERED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED) to ARI at the Oakbrook address (along with transfer fees). Your timeshare ownership must be paid-in-full at the time of transfer, and all maintenance fees must be current. Therefore, if you are still making payments, the offer accepted from the buyer may be insufficient to cover the balance due on your sales finance contract.
Paul, would you be interested in buying an ARI membership in Alpenland and St. Maria?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Paul, would you be interested in buying an ARI membership in Alpenland and St. Maria?
Again, that person has not been seen on TUG for several months. You can try clicking on their blue username and send them an email.