• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

{2006 thread} Buying from "bkassets.com"

atkinsge

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience (good or bad) buying from "bkassets.com" <ebay@bkassets.com> on Ebay? I get a weekly (or so) listing of bankrupcy auction timeshare items, and some (one just today) sound like a good possibility. My main worry is the "no proof of title" or some such wording.

Thanks for any response.

George

paxbilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: Buying from "bkassets.com"

Hi George:

I have bought other items than timeshares from BK assets and they have been good.

We are real estate auctioneers and I have auctioned hundreds of weeks in the past.. (no we dont have any now and this is not a pitch)

BK assets is a member of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (as we are) and deal in Bankruptcy assets.

That means they work under the supervision of the Court and are a legit seller.

The proof of title is not a big deal if you can title search but you should check on any back association fees or if they owe the developer anything.

If not it can be a good deal.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Searching here on bkassets will probably turn up some information. All I can recall about them is that some folks here thought that checking out the timeshares' titles and assessments would be too much hassle.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

It took me close to a year to get my transfer done. I finally had to threaten to report the trustee to his disciplinary committee. That got results pretty quick and I actually got a decent deal, all things considered.

Bev

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score

What turned me away from one of their auctions was the fact that it was unclear how many late fees, etc. were due on the unit. I didn't feel it was right to be the high bidder and then try to back out when the estoppel letter came back with $$$ overdue, when the auction terms stated that bkassets wasn't sure how much was overdue, and it was the responsibility of the buyer to pay them.

Unless it's a rare ts auction that comes along, I find it's just better to wait a little while, and there will be another on ebay.

jesuis1837

TUG Member
Reaction score
On my side, i would rate BkAssets as a big A+++ as within a month, i got the deed and have it recorded at the county and got the deal of the century on a 2 bedroom platinum week at Marriott Manor Club! 5430$ for the auction plus 1037$ for 2006 maintenance fees plus lawyers and transfer fees from the bankrupcy for a grand total of 6467$ with no hidden cost plus 2006 usage that i can book! :whoopie: I did my diligence during the auction and got the letters from Marriott who confirmed they had waived their RORF for that auction so honestly i could not ask for a better deal than what i got!!!! :whoopie: :D

Bill4728

Reaction score
It funny you asked about them as I had a run in with them this weekend.

They had an Ebay auction for what they said was Monarch Grand points at Palm Caynon resort. I emailed them to tell them that there was no such thing. That there were Monarch Grand Points OR Palm Caynon points but not both. They emailed me back that they were just saying what was on the deed and that was that.

I never did find out what they were selling as they didn't know themselves.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill4728 said:
They had an Ebay auction for what they said was Monarch Grand points at Palm Caynon resort. I emailed them to tell them that there was no such thing. That there were Monarch Grand Points OR Palm Caynon points but not both. They emailed me back that they were just saying what was on the deed and that was that.

I never did find out what they were selling as they didn't know themselves.

Bill, that auction you are referring to was just PC resort points. I had also emailed BK and pretty much got "all the information is in the listing" which was really helpful :(. I then called Monarch who confirmed it was just Palm Canyon.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
bump to thread

I ran across these guys today - and a search only got two hits for "bkassets.com"

I noticed they had an Aviara unit ( oh - like I need another - I will be shot if I buy a 4th I have been told )

Greg

p s- be careful - units could have a 'bunch' of overdue MF's

Last edited: