• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2 BD ODD LAGUNAMAR GOLD PLUS

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
PM'd you, I would be interested.

thx

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you use the studio in 2017 and the one bedroom in 2018? Is that possible?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Only by depositing the 1BR in to Interval International and trying for an exchange.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No - odd year usage

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
hello i have send you a message i think you may have not received, can you please let me know if ocasionally or some time maybe i can use week 32 or 33? maybe paying a fee can you ask by phone with them i know its not on contracts but as this weeks are no so high season (i believe not a fact) because as my contract with mayan palace it dont allow use of holy weeks but from time to time i can use. please let me know

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
hello i have send you a message i think you may have not received, can you please let me know if ocasionally or some time maybe i can use week 32 or 33? maybe paying a fee can you ask by phone with them i know its not on contracts but as this weeks are no so high season (i believe not a fact) because as my contract with mayan palace it dont allow use of holy weeks but from time to time i can use. please let me know
Weeks 32 and 33 are part of the Platinum Plus season at Lagunamar. With the week being offered being only a Gold Plus, you can not use it to directly book weeks 32 or 33. Even by paying a fee won't get you those weeks.

The only option to attempt to book weeks 32 or 33 would be to deposit a Gold Plus week in to II and attempt to trade back in to Lagunamar for the weeks you would want to go there. II membership and exchange fees would apply.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for your quick answer, its ok but i am a II member and have a week deposit there, and i never see westing lagunamar weeks for 29,30,31 or 32 weeks maybe my week gives no enough trading power or something you or someone else can check if they can found some? i always deposit the week i have on other resort nd they put suplemental week on it so i believe this give me low trading power

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
thanks for your quick answer, its ok but i am a II member and have a week deposit there, and i never see westing lagunamar weeks for 29,30,31 or 32 weeks maybe my week gives no enough trading power or something you or someone else can check if they can found some? i always deposit the week i have on other resort nd they put suplemental week on it so i believe this give me low trading power
With 32 and 33 being summer weeks, their deposits are probably pretty rare. Any that do come up would get grabbed first by those with Vistana preference. Any that don't get taken that way would perhaps be taken by anyone else with an OGS. You would never see these weeks just sitting on deposit with II. Owning Vistana would give you the best shot at exchanging in to one of these weeks since you would have Vistana preference, but I still think these weeks would be a long shot in II. Best to buy a Platinum Plus or Vistana Mandatory StarOptions at another property. There is currently still StarOption availability for week 32 and 33 at Lagunamar when booking directly through Vistana.

Last edited:

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok thanks very much for your help will think about it, the dates for me no problem but the kids :)

SunnyVI

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove (Week 52)
Marriott Timber Lodge (Week 52)
Marriott Destination Club Points
Grande Bay Residence Club, St John VI (2 BR)
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2 BR)
Sheraton Mountian Vista (2 BR LO)
im interested.

mlilley221

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages x 6
I would be interested. looking to jump into a time share for a family of 6 and this seems like it would be an inexpensive option to try. let me know if still available

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this one has already sold as I had attempted to purchase and was told it was no longer available. But, there is a Gold season studio on Ebay for Odd years. The link is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WESTIN-LAGU...622083?hash=item3adb233a03:g:GLUAAOSwo4pYD5Z-

Before you buy into Gold Plus Season make sure you RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH as the times are not very convenient if you have school age kids. Also, I know other users have found it more useful to buy in aT Mandatory Vistana resort and trade into Gold Plus Season at Lagunamar.

Just my thoughts. Good luck.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I know other users have found it more useful to buy in aT Mandatory Vistana resort and trade into Gold Plus Season at Lagunamar.
I would agree with this. If one wants Gold season Lagunamar, they are probably better buying a Prime season SVV. The maintenance fees along with the SVN fee is about the same amount as the MFs at Lagunamar. It is also rather easy to book in to Lagunamar at the 8 month mark in Gold Plus season. SVV will cost a more since it seems Gold Plus Lagunamar are being given away for free and High Season SVV is about $1000.

Platinum Plus Lagunamar is a different animal. The best value there is to buy Lagunamar and book as home resort at 12 months or to buy WKV Platinum Plus to then book at 8. Lagunamar would be cheaper.