• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$10 Williamsburg Plantation resale TS or just rent?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
As long as you're considering alternate places to buy, take a look at Ebay. I've bought and sold a number of timeshares there. As long as you do your due diligence, you should be fine.

I just did a quick check for timeshares for sale in Williamsburg. Looks like there are a number of things with free closing. YMMV.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_nkw=timesahre+for+sale+wiliamsburg&_sacat=0

Dave

Thanks Dave. The Williamsburg there is weeks 1-8. Don’t really want to go there while it’s snowing or cold. Then again, in the summer, it’s going to be really hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks Dave. The Williamsburg there is weeks 1-8. Don’t really want to go there while it’s snowing or cold. Then again, in the summer, it’s going to be really hot.

Fair enough. But now you know another place to check for a value. Timeshare listings on Ebay change often. Also look at SumdayVacations.com. That one is owned by a Tugger, and often has excellent bargains, many with all fees paid, and some with Cash Card incentives.

Dave

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
- 13 TS / with some EOY- so 7-ish - is the “low end “of folks on TUG who own multiple TS .

This concept confused me when I first found TUG / makes total sense now .
It is sort of like - a gourmet chef having more than one frying pan .

As per hudshut‘s quote below -

and with clear details / and lots of knowledge on many TS systems -

Wow. 7ish is low end? I have one and considering two other TSs. Then I will call it a day for at least a decade.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

I just picked up a week 31 Colonies at Williamsburg 4 BR LO on eBay for $1; waiting for it to close now. Closing and resort transfer cost paid by the seller, but I had to reimburse the 2019 MF and it trades in both RCI and II. There have been a few others that went through while I was watching for a good one; I am partial to dual trading ones and like the Vacation Village ones because you also get an annual bonus week from them (book 2-45 days out on RCI at about the 8-9 TPU level), though I haven't really used the ones I have. Your best bet is to research the ones you're interested in, look for one that is a premier resort on II if you think you'll ever use it to trade with, and check out the travel demand index to be sure the week will have value. I picked this one up as one to trade with (most of my other TS don't trade in II or don't trade there well), so my needs are different than yours, but this one sounds like an appropriate one to meet your needs, too.

Depending on when it closes, I may be posting the week as a last minute one because my vacation plans are already full for the year and I'm not sure I'll be able to deposit it in either exchange. Should know in the next two weeks or so; if you're interested in using it, let me know and we can work something out.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fair enough. But now you know another place to check for a value. Timeshare listings on Ebay change often. Also look at SumdayVacations.com. That one is owned by a Tugger, and often has excellent bargains, many with all fees paid, and some with Cash Card incentives.

Dave

Thanks Dave. TBH, after speaking with my wife, I am now considering the weeks for spring or fall. Every time I’ve gone to Williamsburg over the summer, I have enjoyed it ignoring the heat, but everyone else complained about the heat.

My family enjoys Williamsburg more during fall or spring. I am considering a week 15, which my bday falls under! Charge! I will give it some thought. If I am ready, I will buy tonight.

Sumday is giving a $250 rebate. I don’t know if I would pay closing and transfer fees, but I imagine the $250 would reimburse a lot after the purchase.

TBH, I’ve been researching Williamsburg TS for four weeks. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I’m concerned about the high maintenance fee? You can buy for nothing include closing cost paid by seller but maintenance fee of$1400. Could probably rent for less.
Silentg

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m concerned about the high maintenance fee? You can buy for nothing include closing cost paid by seller but maintenance fee of$1400. Could probably rent for less.
Silentg

Powhattan’s MF is $1,400, which I’m no longer considering. The week 15 I’m considering has MF of $900 for 4BR LO.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Powhattan’s MF is $1,400, which I’m no longer considering. The week 15 I’m considering has MF of $900 for 4BR LO.

What resort?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What resort?

Williamsburg Plantation. 4BR LO. Week 15. MF about $850. $250 rebate which means I guess buyer covering that transfer and closing costs. I will check with seller if that is the case.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Good luck!
I hope you get the week you want.
Let us know?
Silentg

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good luck!
I hope you get the week you want.
Let us know?
Silentg

Great news. The $1 price included all transfer and closing costs. Additionally, I get a $250 VISA gift card. This is essentially $750 cheaper than the TS I considered before.

Thanks all to tell me to find a seller paying transfer and closing costs. Thanks Dave for telling me about Sumday Vacations.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great news. The $1 price included all transfer and closing costs. Additionally, I get a $250 VISA gift card. This is essentially $750 cheaper than the TS I considered before.

Thanks all to tell me to find a seller paying transfer and closing costs. Thanks Dave for telling me about Sumday Vacations.

Congratulations! I hope it’s everything you wanted, and that your family will have many great vacations there!

Sumday is good to work with. They should be prompt and efficient.

Dave

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We bought a timeshare from Sumday. They are easy to work with.
Good Luck, it sounds like a great deal!
Silentg

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@silentg @DaveNW

Thanks everyone! I’m enjoying this TS very much! I got a free RCI extra week certificate too (although the savings is just $80 over Last Calls). Some people had concerns about the TPU. For my week 15, I got a max of 23 TPU for each 2BR, since it’s spring break! In comparison, week 16 is 14 TPU; week of July 4th, 27 TPU; Christmas week, 22 TPU. I’m a happy camper!

Attachments

• C05BD622-4C1B-48E1-8B03-32EC2AFC9C54.png
    C05BD622-4C1B-48E1-8B03-32EC2AFC9C54.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
@silentg @DaveNW

Thanks everyone! I’m enjoying this TS very much! I got a free RCI extra week certificate too (although the savings is just $80 over Last Calls). Some people had concerns about the TPU. For my week 15, I got a max of 23 TPU for each 2BR, since it’s spring break! In comparison, week 16 is 14 TPU; week of July 4th, 27 TPU; Christmas week, 22 TPU. I’m a happy camper!

Very nice work! Glad it's working out for you. :)

That TPU rate is decent, too.

Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spring break & Easter week in Williamsburg have now become a very powerful trading time.IMHO.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spring break in Williamsburg have now become a very powerful trading week.IMHO.
Sometimes I wonder why Summer Williamsburg has high TPU. It is very hot and humid there in the summer!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder why Summer Williamsburg has high TPU. It is very hot and humid there in the summer!
Here are my reasons.
1. Schools are closed for the summer months on the East Coasts & South
2. Busch Gardens and Water Country USA Amusement Parks
3. Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown Festivals Park
4. The local beaches in Yorktown, Newport News, Hampton and Va Beach
5. Plus there are some outstanding local restaurants in the area
6. Low crime rate and Williamsburg is a very low key City.
7. A very short drive to Williamsburg from Washington DC, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Pennsylvania.
8. Outlet Mall Shopping and The College of William and Mary
9. Golf and The Boo Williams Sports Complex in Hampton, VA
10. The military (Navy, Army, Coast Guard, Air Force and The United Marine Corp are all in the Hampton Roads, Williamsburg / Newport News area).
11. Location, Location and Location of the Williamsburg Plantation Timeshare. .

These are my opinions only.

Why TPU are high in Williamsburg from May until September.

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
@silentg @DaveNW Thanks everyone! I’m enjoying this TS very much! I got a free RCI extra week certificate too (although the savings is just $80 over Last Calls). Some people had concerns about the TPU. For my week 15, I got a max of 23 TPU for each 2BR, since it’s spring break! In comparison, week 16 is 14 TPU; week of July 4th, 27 TPU; Christmas week, 22 TPU. I’m a happy camper!
Does the TPU change year to year as the date of EASTER bounces around so much?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does the TPU change year to year as the date of EASTER bounces around so much?
The maximum TPU's that you receive for deposit can change up to 4 times per year for any reason, including RCI's decision to raise or lower for no apparent reason other than their own internal calculations. The tpu's required to exchange into a particular deposit can change daily if rci so determines the need.