• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

“Sell My Timeshare Now” website.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever sold a contract on this site? I’ve been checking out some harder-to-get Wyndham contracts on this site. And I am in sticker shock at what people think they can get for a resale. Some of the contracts are higher per point than developer sales!!! Have the sellers never checked out eBay?

Will the brokers accept a more market-derived offer?

Just wondering if anyone has bought or sold via this website?

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some have bought and sold via this website. But many, many more who have listed on that website still have their listings sitting there unsold, sometimes even after years of sitting there. If you see something there that you can't find anywhere else, you can try to negotiate with the owner.

Just understand that SMTN's MO is to convince naive owners that their TSs are worth tens of thousands of dollars resale and that would therefore justify the high listing prices that SMTN charges.

BTW, SMTN has been discussed many times in various threads on these boards. Just use the search function and you will see that SMTN is not thought of very fondly on TUG.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Just saw a commercial on TV for one of these companies. If they can afford to advertise on national TV there must be a lot of people who get sucked in and spend thousands of dollars. That is just so sad.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was quoted over $1500 for closing so my bet is that is where they make their money

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Has anyone ever sold a contract on this site? I’ve been checking out some harder-to-get Wyndham contracts on this site. And I am in sticker shock at what people think they can get for a resale. Some of the contracts are higher per point than developer sales!!! Have the sellers never checked out eBay?

There was a unit priced right that I didn’t purchase because the closing costs were excessive and they would not present my offer to the seller where I wanted them to cover some of the closing costs.

As a seller I would never use their services as they want an upfront fee. Others sellers do because they believe their timeshare is worth more then it is. They are in denial on the real resale value of their timeshare.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some have bought and sold via this website. But many, many more who have listed on that website still have their listings sitting there unsold, sometimes even after years of sitting there. If you see something there that you can't find anywhere else, you can try to negotiate with the owner.

Just understand that SMTN's MO is to convince naive owners that their TSs are worth tens of thousands of dollars resale and that would therefore justify the high listing prices that SMTN charges.

BTW, SMTN has been discussed many times in various threads on these boards. Just use the search function and you will see that SMTN is not thought of very fondly on TUG.

Thanks. I pretty much lurk in the Wyndham section only. On my mobile device it only allows searches with a section. Nothing showed in Wyndham section. So I went to other brand sections and found some nice prior articles.

And it looks like at least one TUG ad is from that company. 603 area code.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've bought. Sometimes owners will come back to earth after a few months or years without any legitimate offers. You need to start with someone who is already somewhat realistic, then find out what the all in cost for all the ancillary fees: the brokers fee, closing cost, transfer fees etc and then make an all in offer and see if it gets accepted. I haven't had the problem with brokers not taking the offer to the owner.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

I actually did buy a couple of contracts from them.
You just have to make your offer and see what happens.
You will see the exact same listings at Discount Timeshares and they did sell on eBay for awhile also.
I seen a listing for 400k Waikiki Beach Walk contract for $10 in the last year
Sometimes the seller comes to their censuses if they have been sitting on a ridiculous price for awhile.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a contract off of there a couple of years ago...i was fairly new to timeshares, but knew resale was the way to go.

Every offer I put in they went to the owners with. I walked away from many until I got what I wanted, which, in hindsight, was probably still a bit more expensive than I should have paid.

Offer...negotiate. As the buyer you are under no obligation to do anything that you don't want to. If you can't find what you want at the price you want, walk away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

e.bram

Reaction score
I made an offer of $500.00, for a unit where the asking price was $5000.00 which was accepted. The closing costs were $1500.00 which included all taxes, transfer fees, and all communication with the seller to get the deed transferred and the transfer accepted by Wyndham and the HOA.
I think the deal was fair. I got a week 27 in a WATERFRONT(20 ft. from water's edge) 2 Br. townhouse in the Newport , RI area.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
What I'm curious about is what they charge the people who want to be rid of their timeshares. An upfront fee, exorbitant closing costs? And of course there is the months of paying maintenance fees until some one like our Tuggers who got good deals makes an offer. When you see some of these ridiculously priced listings that haven't sold in a couple of years do these resale companies ask for more money to keep listing it? Do they at some point actually explain to the seller that their is almost no chance their timeshare is going to sell for that much and they should seriously consider the offers?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I'm curious about is what they charge the people who want to be rid of their timeshares. An upfront fee, exorbitant closing costs? And of course there is the months of paying maintenance fees until some one like our Tuggers who got good deals makes an offer. When you see some of these ridiculously priced listings that haven't sold in a couple of years do these resale companies ask for more money to keep listing it? Do they at some point actually explain to the seller that their is almost no chance their timeshare is going to sell for that much and they should seriously consider the offers?
The guy I worked with was very up front with me. He told me about some of the moods of some of the sellers and what they might currently be feeling like. The one I ended up with was a "motivated seller" who was willing to negotiate down. The guy I worked with said he got frustrated with sellers who refused to come down to a more realistic price on their listings. He said, "They'll eventually figure it out or delist." Of course, some of them can't reduce their price because of mortgages...theyre just stuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Some of the listings have to be more than developer paid purchases!

I saw a 210,000 point contract for $50,000 and a 203,000 EOY for $49,500!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I worked with Justin on a contract that didn’t get the minimum bid on eBay. I bought after the auction ended for quite a bit less.
I worked with Katherine on a contract that I won the auction on eBay.
Both went very well with no problems.
Like buckor I had similar conversations with both of them.

If you look up the physical address and phone number for SMTN,Discount Timeshares you will see its the same group with the same listing ad numbers on both sites.
Before they started selling on eBay as Discount Timeshares they went by another name that I can’t remember. But they were the ones with high closing costs and always wanted reimbursed for all current years MFs.
They’ve always used the same closing and escrow company called Timeshare Closing Services LLC located on the same street as all 3 company names they’ve used -Commodity Circle in Orlando

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Three years ago I succumbed to their pitch only to find the warning from the Federal Trade Commission too late. It does seem there is a case against them now but probably too late to help the many who were tricked into their pitch. One thousand for each contract was charged with the latest offering of one thousand for all three. Timeshare Brokers talked some out of making any offers and high offerings came from even worst thieves .

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I worked with Justin on a contract that didn’t get the minimum bid on eBay. I bought after the auction ended for quite a bit less.
I worked with Katherine on a contract that I won the auction on eBay....

Awhile back, I was playing around with a couple of auctions on eBay. I found a couple of listings that had a low price for what I thought to be a decent TS but in the course of the bidding process I have to say I lost faith in anything eBay related due to the fact bidders are not publicly identified (at least by screen name). I'm happy to see others have had a better experience on eBay.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Awhile back, I was playing around with a couple of auctions on eBay. I found a couple of listings that had a low price for what I thought to be a decent TS but in the course of the bidding process I have to say I lost faith in anything eBay related due to the fact bidders are not publicly identified (at least by screen name). I'm happy to see others have had a better experience on eBay.

Why is not seeing bidders publicly listed a problem? Even when they are listed, their identity is obscured, with only the first and lest letter of the username visible.

For a buyer like me, that’s not a problem. And some buyers prefer the privacy if they are bidding on more than one property at a time.

Wes.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Why is not seeing bidders publicly listed a problem? Even when they are listed, their identity is obscured, with only the first and lest letter of the username visible.

For a buyer like me, that’s not a problem. And some buyers prefer the privacy if they are bidding on more than one property at a time.

Wes.

This has never been a problem for me either. I'm wonder if what is making bbodb1 suspicious is the max bids. If I'm bidding, which btw is in the last 30 seconds, as soon as I have the highest bid I then put in another max bid which is the top dollar I am willing to spend. My hope is that anyone bidding will likely not raise their bid a sufficient amount to reach my max bid in the remaining seconds before auction ends. Sometimes I get it for less than my max, sometimes the max and sometimes I'm outbid.

For the probably close to 20 years I've been buying and selling things on eBay I've had the same user name for all these years. They used to show the whole user name not just the first couple of letters like they do now. But you can still see enough to tell if it is the same person bidding in the bid history. And is it really any of anyone else's business who chooses to bid on an item?

Now if what bothers bbodb1 is the people who with several days or hours left in the auction are putting in bids then I've upon occasion wondered about that myself. Could this be someone in collusion with the seller to drive the price up? Of course there is no way to know. And even if eBay used full names they would be smart enough to use a number of different names to do it. My big issue is if it is just another person bidding then I would love to give them a smack in the back of the head for being colossally stupid. They only way that ever works is if you are bidding on something no one else wants or you've managed to drive the price higher than what it should sell for or worth. Btw I was one of those stupid people before I figured out I wasn't helping myself.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have had many successful wins on ebay. It does not bother me if I cannot see the bidders. More important is that I am dealing with a reputable seller otherwise I do not bid. I have a high bid in my head and I go no higher.