• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it snowing where you are?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I spotted some of the tiniest snowflakes I've ever seen yesterday, here in "Hotlanta". It was kinda cute. :)

RDB

TUG Member
Reaction score
.... All the storm snow got gone with rain last night. Now it is a fine snow and 34 at 11 AM. Tonight there will be icy surfaces.

This morning we woke to see this.
IMG_2363E.jpg

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weatherman said Philly is going to get socked again this week. :eek: I'm glad DH is in Missisissippi this week.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
We've got 20 inches of snow and no power/cable/telephone- all off since Saturday. At work now so can get on the internet. Ugh- we are so tired of this weather and they are calling for more tomorrow and this coming weekend. Hope our power gets back on before then.

tlwmkw.

geekette

Reaction score
We got about 2 feet of snow and are expecting more snow on Tuesday.

yeah, you guys are getting POUNDED!

we're expecting another 4-8" Tues into Weds. Sending sunshine along to those who need some slight melting. it's helping clear our roads.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I spotted some of the tiniest snowflakes I've ever seen yesterday, here in "Hotlanta". It was kinda cute. :)

My Dad used to say, "big flakes, little snow - little flakes, big snow." Don't know if it's an old Indian saying like he said it was, but the worst of our storms do seem to begin with those tiny little flakes.

Good news for your husband this week, Rose. I've been through winters with Don traveling like you're having now and remember watching for weather reports in other cities. That's just not fun.

tlwmkw, up here in Boston the Blizzard of '78 was as bad as it was because less than a week before we'd had a storm that put an 18" base on the ground. Boston shut down for a week after that blizzard, and we have the equipment to deal with mountains of snow usually. That was the one and only time I'd ever seen front-end loaders and dump trucks working in tandem to clear away snow. I hope you get your power back soon and don't get another pile on top of the one you've already got. Stay safe. :)

SMcdo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The St. Louis area is about to get 4-6" of snow. We've been lucky this season. I've only had to shovel once. There has been a lot of rain though.

mo1950

TUG Member
Reaction score
Southern Oklahoma

Southern Oklahoma is supposed to receive about 3 inches of snow today and then again on Thursday.

We go 4 to 5 years usually without snow and then it usually melts off by noon. Thursday will be our fourth this year. We had a blizzard on Christmas Eve with close to a foot of snow.

So, like everyone else, our weather has been highly unusual this year.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 feet still on the ground. Sunny but very cold so not much melting. Weather report: 12 t 18 inches tomorrow night. At least we have heat and electricity , which many do not. Also it is very pretty but I've about had it. Can't wait to hit Mexico in 19 days. I'd better not get stuck on the east coast.:annoyed:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
14-20" of snow predicted for NE PA, northern Jersey, NY & Long Island. A little less for Philly and southern NJ. That's based on one of the tracks. If the storm takes the other possible track, it will push the snow more to the south but not to the extent of the last storm.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's been snowing in Denver all day, and part of the day yesterday, with some light and some heavy snow. But it hasn't built to a lot of snow, probably about four inches or so.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Here It Comes Again.

Official forecast here is for 10-20 inches of new snow between noon Tuesday & 7PM Wednesday.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our forecast is another foot or more Tuesday night through Wednesday going down to 3000 feet in the San Gabriel Mountains. New storm coming in tomorrow afternoon.
Liz

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time I listened to the weather report we aren't getting any this week. The jet stream is carrying it past us. I don't enjoy shoveling snow and I hate driving on slippery roads, but we need the moisture. (northern Utah)

Nickfromct

TUG Member
Reaction score
14-20" of snow predicted for NE PA, northern Jersey, NY & Long Island. A little less for Philly and southern NJ. That's based on one of the tracks. If the storm takes the other possible track, it will push the snow more to the south but not to the extent of the last storm.

Looks like CT isn't going to escape this one. 8-13 inches forecast for tomorrow along the shoreline, less inland.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
First "big snow" of the season here in NW Ohio. Looking at 6-9" total, but it will be blowing and drifting(very flat here, so it's a big problem).

Schools closed today and probably tomorrow.

KathyAH475

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
DVC
MVC
31 inches from the blizzard Feb 4-5 here, and now coming down fast again right now! Schools have been closed since Monday, and are closed all this week. I leave for Cancun this Sunday (Grand Mayan Riviera) and hope its sunny! I tried adding a pic but didn't know how.

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Schools closed tomorrow (and I happen to be off). We are expecting 12 -18 inches this time.:(

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
It Is Snowing Where We Are Right Now.

It's a regular Winter Wonderland around here.

Sheesh.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Snowing, snowing, snowing here. Big white flakes, about 4 inches since noon. It's even snowing down in the desert at 3000 feet.
Liz

stevedmatt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, snowing once again... only expecting 8-14 this time. That's like a dusting nowadays.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just blew around 4-6" from the l-o-n-g driveway and shoveled the "parking lot" at the top. Left the turnaround alone. The worst is to come overnight; I just hope it's not too much to handle in the morning like it was Saturday.

DD's BFF is spending the night(s) here, and we don't have to go to work, so as long as I have internet I'll be fine :D

Last edited:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Still no snow here. They have already canceled school so it'll be funny if we don't get any snow at all. Won't be the first time that happened.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm betting you don't want to hear I went surfing this morning, before work. :ignore: