• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just back from HGVC Flamingo

cobourgladdie

Reaction score
Two points: Wifi is free and I can't wait to see my extra fees for the reno put into action. It hasn't happened yet and the room was pretty dated.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you just hear the miami vice theme just running through your head as you lived with the pink theme? :cool:

What did you mean, "...extra fees for the reno put into action."? I didn't get the reference.

Last edited:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Couldn't just hear the miami vice theme just running through your head as you lived with the pink theme? :cool:

What did you mean, "...extra fees for the reno put into action."? I didn't get the reference.

They are charging a special assessment to Flamingo owners to do the renovations.

I am sure owners at the LV Hilton like you and I, will be next to get better kitchen cabinets and granite, etc.

But as I remember the assessment was only a couple of hundred dollars. Which didn't sound unreasonable.

Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I read "reno" as Reno the first time, too. But it didn't make sense, so after reading a couple more times I came to think that "reno" actually meant renovation. And therein lies the problem with abbreviations.

Fern

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, I had the same problem as Fern. It finally made sense.

So are any of the rooms renovated, or have they not started at all yet? Anyone know the schedule? I'll be there for Labor Day weekend, end of August to Sept 1. I'm wondering what our chances are to get a renovated room.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh...that makes sense. It just blew right past me when I read it. :rofl:

I have a week at both LV Hilton & Flamingo HGVC''s so I should have picked up on it...and the new "reno" does look good from the model I saw when we were there in Janauary. They are doing "reno's" a floor or two at a time, so by Labor day you may have a reasonable chance at getting one.

I just got back yesterday from three days at the LV Hilton while attending a conference next door at the convention center. Now that I've been to a few of the other HGVC's, the shine is a bit off the apple when I returned this time. Nothing at all wrong with the property and I love it so much more than I had I stayed at the hotel. But I noticed how much smaller the kitchen is when compared to the Bay Club or Gardens of W. Maui, and the lamanet used in the surfaces at Lagoon Tower HHV, BC & LV made it feel a little less glitzy. I know the strip property has solid surface counters and the "reno" at the flamingo will have them too. (Gosh, I'm becoming a snob!)

I did however relish having the kitchen, washer dryer & even spent some time in the jacuzzi tub before I left. :banana: It's so nice travling with a smaller suit case & returning home with it full of clean clothes. As often I find myself in Vegas I kept realizing this last visit how fortunate I am to have the HGVC weeks and access to the Open Season program for owners rate rentals. It's always fun when asked by others at the conference where I'm staying and reply I have a 1 bdrm condo next door. :D

Looks like my next business trip is in about a month to St. Paul staying at the Hilton Gardens hotel. Not a 1 bdrm condo, but it earns me HHonors points.

Last edited:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back yesterday from three days at the LV Hilton while attending a conference next door at the convention center. Now that I've been to a few of the other HGVC's, the shine is a bit off the apple when I returned this time. Nothing at all wrong with the property and I love it so much more than I had I stayed at the hotel. But I noticed how much smaller the kitchen is when compared to the Bay Club or Gardens of W. Maui, and the lamanet used in the surfaces at Lagoon Tower HHV, BC & LV made it feel a little less glitzy. I know the strip property has solid surface counters and the "reno" at the flamingo will have them too. (Gosh, I'm becoming a snob!)

They upgraded the furniture a year or so ago, but you are right, compared to the new properties, it's not quite as plush. That's why I guess that we will eventually have a special assessment.

But I do like the location, especially for getting around Vegas.

cobourgladdie

Reaction score
couple of hundred dollars

The special assessment was "voted" in this year and costs $250 per year for two years. One floor had been renovated when I visited, the 2nd, which I believe never had rooms in it as it was the sales centre. So as far as I am concerned the timeline is late and still will not bring the rooms to the standard of the newer places. But I will still continue to visit the place as it is still preferable to using hotel rooms.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Which floors have been renovated? I'll be there in a couple of weeks and want to know what to ask for.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Best location on Strip

I think the HGVC at Flamingo has to be the BEST location on the strip. If you guys ever want to trade for St. Lucia, please PM me.

I agree with you. I have stayed at the HGVC at the Las Vegas Hilton and at the HGVC at the Flamingo. The monorail stops at both facilities. The monorail does not stop at HGVC on the Strip. :banana: I just wish Hilton would build at locations other than Orlando, Las Vegas, and Hawaii.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I agree with you. I have stayed at the HGVC at the Las Vegas Hilton and at the HGVC at the Flamingo. The monorail stops at both facilities. The monorail does not stop at HGVC on the Strip. :banana: I just wish Hilton would build at locations other than Orlando, Las Vegas, and Hawaii.

Don't they have one at South Beach and New York City, also?

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
Not a Hilton owner but have reserved 8 days for HGVC at South Beach so I know there is one there. Last I heard they were doing some renovations/updates but have not heard much about it or read many reviews, most are old reviews but I am very much looking forward to the trip. If anyone has recently been there and can update us that would be great.

eoneguru

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which floors have been renovated? I'll be there in a couple of weeks and want to know what to ask for.

linsj ..... I will be there in Oct and was wondering how your trip went and what you found out concerning the renovations?

Ray