• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going to the HGVC Flamingo in Oct.

eoneguru

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rehab has started yet? If so, which are the areas to be avoided?

Ray

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
i think they have started.. it shouldnt be noisey

and the non remodeled rooms are still very nice

limin

Reaction score
When I was there the first of May, the desk clerk indicated they weren't starting until July. I don't know if it is true but i saw no indication at all that they have already started.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was there the first of May, the desk clerk indicated they weren't starting until July. I don't know if it is true but i saw no indication at all that they have already started.

Its difficult to know... since the work will be on the interior of the units.

eoneguru

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

Its difficult to know... since the work will be on the interior of the units.

Guys .... I have never stayed there. Any suggestions for suite locations?

Thanks... Ray

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
its a small resort.. units are all about the same

ask for upper floor, overlooking the pool

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
its a small resort.. units are all about the same

ask for upper floor, overlooking the pool

They all overlook the pool.

In the main tower, they're all pretty much the same. Upper floor is probably better.

You sometimes may get into the North tower. Much quieter, not as good a pool view, somewhat inconvenient to get to the elevator to your room. You have to go through the main tower's first floor to get to the North tower elevator. If you take the main elevator, you can't get there and have to go back to the first floor to start again.

Your call about whether the 'quieter' is worth the inconvenience. I prefer the main tower myself. The north tower is pretty small, though, so you'll usually be placed in the main one.

eoneguru

TUG Member
Reaction score
To all that responded .....

.... thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll be asking for an upper floor in the main tower. Should I be calling ahead or waiting until I get there?

Ray

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
.... thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll be asking for an upper floor in the main tower. Should I be calling ahead or waiting until I get there?
Call about 1-2 weeks before your arrival. I did that for my Christmas stay, and I got what I requested.

Kurt

eoneguru

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call about 1-2 weeks before your arrival. I did that for my Christmas stay, and I got what I requested.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt, I'll try that ..... Ray

jimvincent

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC - Flamingo

We stayed at HGVC - Flamingo the last week of April 2008 and saw no signs of construction at the Club. We stayed in the North tower. We had a very enjoyable week.

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed there numerous times and I think most of the room locations are very good and the resort is pretty accomodating.

jscboston

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sunrise (Park City UT), The District by Hilton Club (DC), HGVC Flamingo (Las Vegas, baby!)
I stayed at HGVC Flamingo just last weekend, and asked about the renovation. They will be starting in July. Typically when a hotel is renovated they close off a full floor at a time and renovate that entire floor before reopening it and moving down to the next floor. Will start at the top and work down. One floor is already done (early, as a trial run for them), but I was not lucky enough to get a room on that floor (believe me, I asked). Photos available at the front desk - the new rooms look great. I asked when they will be done and no one could tell me. I can't imagine it would take more than a few months, though. It's nice that they are doing this. The units really need it (way too "Miami Vice" now).