• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Animal Kingdom Lodge countdown

S

Steamboat Bill

I am already starting to pack for my stay at the DVC Animal Kingdom Lodge Tuesday-Saturday and I have a coveted Grand Villa reserved (3 bedroom).

Is anyone else going to be there this week?

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I was!!!! Boy am I a little green right now :D . Have blast!

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am checking in on Saturday morning.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
We only have a 2BR Jambo Sav. View reserved, so much as I'd like to, I don't think they'll let me check into your Grand Villa!

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got this afternoon from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Had a great R&R trip, not much park time. Everything was busy, busy, busy! Weather was fantastic, we went swimming 3 of the 5 days we were in WDW. We did the Sunrise Safari tour, well worth the money and highly recommend it!

S

Steamboat Bill

We just got this afternoon from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Had a great R&R trip, not much park time. Everything was busy, busy, busy! Weather was fantastic, we went swimming 3 of the 5 days we were in WDW. We did the Sunrise Safari tour, well worth the money and highly recommend it!

I was hoping the crowds would decrease this week. How was it for you?

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill,

I was looking at the floor plan for the AKV grand villa and I have a question (actually two) for you:

1) What on earth is the room off the master bedroom (between the master and the living area)? On the floor plan, it looks like a big space with a rectangle in it.

2) Are the balconies really as huge as they look on the floor plan?

FLYNZ4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill,

I was looking at the floor plan for the AKV grand villa and I have a question (actually two) for you:

1) What on earth is the room off the master bedroom (between the master and the living area)? On the floor plan, it looks like a big space with a rectangle in it.

2) Are the balconies really as huge as they look on the floor plan?

More than likely, it is the pool table room. Take a look.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1770565

/Jim

S

Steamboat Bill

The room is really a billiards room....very cool. It is not a regulation table, but not a small one either.

There are three balconies that are 1/2 circle shaped and are HUGE. I estimate 20' long and 15 foot wide. You can easily fit 10 or more people on each balcony.

There are 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 4 showers and 2 bathtubs and 5 flat screen tvs

I estimate this Grand Villa is the size of 8 standard studio rooms.

We had dinner on the main dining room table that can easily seat 12 people.

Very Impressive timeshare.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
More than likely, it is the pool table room. Take a look.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1770565

/Jim

Of course, the billiard room! Why didn't I think of that?? Was Colonel Mustard there with the rope?;)

Cool pictures. I am most impressed with the balconies. But is it true they don't really have a good savannah view? That seems like a shame. I know they did that with the concierge rooms, too. If you spend all those points, you should get a savannah view!

S

Steamboat Bill

I agree that the view is sub-par for the BEST rooms available. I am looking over the hottubs with LOUD flamingo's as the major animals we see. I did see a giraffee and multiple animals from one balcony. The view on the other side of the property is far superior. I will point out the location after I check out tomorrow.

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. I was fairly skeptical of AK but more and more, I am starting to like AK. The hard part is now deciding where to stay for our first DVC visit!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
S

Steamboat Bill

Bill are the new Kadini buildings open yet? Your picts are unbelievable. I defy anyone to show us a more upscale timeshare.

They look like another 3-6 months away from opening (my opinion).

Yes, this is the NICEST Timeshare I have ever seen myself.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. I was fairly skeptical of AK but more and more, I am starting to like AK. The hard part is now deciding where to stay for our first DVC visit!

My husband is still skeptical of AKV, doesn't like you can't walk to anything. Once Kidani is open I'm going to try to get in over there. Kids want to try it because they saw AK on one of those Samantha Brown shows(my 7 yr old loves her).

So far we've stayed at SSR,VWL and BCV on site, you'll get a different answer from all 4 of us on which one is our favorite! :rofl:

Though I really like the bathroom in that 3br!

tlwmkw

Reaction score
twinkstarr,

I agree with your dh- the Animal Kingdom Lodge is rather far from the madding Disney crowd. We stayed there and it was a curse, but also a blessing. Nice because was quieter and also the kids loved seeing the animals from the balcony, but we relied on the Disney transport buses and that was awful- we even resorted to taxis for some of the time because the buses were so unreliable. It really put a damper on the trip. Since then we have sworn never to be at Disney without our own transport. The worst was riding a crowded Disney transport bus after waiting about an hour and then finding it packed with people- dh had a migraine and was close to vomiting all over the other passengers- wouldn't they have loved that!!!

S

Steamboat Bill

I agree that the location is not great, but the themeing is probably the best of any DVC.

I have been to every DVC and the GC and Contemporary. They all have their unique charm and I am not sure if there is any "BEST" DVC property.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give AKV a shot once Kidani is done. I don't really want to look out at cranes and such. I don't think I would spend a week long trip there, but one of our 4 night ones might work.

I just hope the same interior designers are working on Bay Lake Tower. :D

Reaction score
We just got back from AKV last week and loved it. :cheer:
We had a great view and a nice cool breeze. I think we will stay there again.