• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just a little confused! (renting my harborside week)

Emerson613

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I was just about to pay $500 to sellmytimesharenow.com for a lifetime membership and to try to rent out a week we have at harborside. It was on my last ditch effort to search ALL options that I found you!!

Can you please tell me if I can post here as a new person to try to rent our week... and also if I need to join TUG in order to rent?

i am very excited to have found you and am just (like all of you) trying to find an honest place to rent out our property and to try to use our timeshare as best we can!

thank you in advance for your help!
Theresa:cheer: :cheer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score

charford

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the details of the week you want to be rent will soon be deleted. It is against TUG rules to post ads in the BBS. Those should be posted in the classifieds.

Do read the links that Jya-Ning posted. They have a wealth of info.

There is also a company that specializes in Harborside rentals. They are found at Atlantis Family Fun They take a percentage of the rent AFTER the week is rented out. I haven't used them yet, but have been in contact with them since I have a purchase at Harborside pending and they have been quite responsive.

Emerson613

Reaction score
Oops! Sorry!

Hi-
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to advertise.... I started posting before I read all of the rules and the other forums.

I will go read more before asking any more questions :ignore: I was also a little confused as to whether or not to join as a member in order to be able to rent or post about renting.

I'll get the knack of this! I promise!

thanks again,
T :)

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
my 2 cents worth....
If you were willing to pay $500 for questionable "services" :ignore: may I strongly suggest you inves $15 to become a member of TUG and support this board. I promise you will get more reliable information here than anywhere else.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi-
I'm sorry! ....
No need to apologize. Welcome to TUG!

I'm sure you didn't intend your first post as an ad. It's just that we are very strict about prohibiting details that might be construed as advertising when someone indicates an interest in renting or selling. It's a refinement that would be difficult to be sure of when you first post here.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want. There is no need to become an expert before asking questions. You'll almost always find someone willing to answer your questions, no matter how elementary they might seem. We all started our timeshare knowledge further back from where you are now!

I was also a little confused as to whether or not to join as a member in order to be able to rent or post about renting.
The TUG ad sites Jya-Ning's links don't require TUG membership. You definitely don't need to join TUG unless you want to access the members-only areas of TUG, such as the resort reviews. TUG's owners have made it clear that this BBS and the other non-member areas are free to all. They very carefully avoid pressuring people to pay to join.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Advice here is free, and you don't need to pay $15 to join for advice. :)

Sell My Timeshare Now comes up on the first page of all of the Google searches for just about any resort, but I wouldn't pay them a dime to rent anything. A poster here on TUG works for/ owns the company, not sure which, and he believes their product is so much better than anyone else's, but the price is way too high, and you can rent on other websites yourself, leaving out the middle-man. www.myresortnetwork.com is one that I use. www.vacationtimesharerentals.com is the best site because it's FREE to list, but don't choose the add that gives them a commission, list it yourself and take all the money from your rental. Redweek is an okay place to rent, but I have had 3 times the inquiries from the other two.

TUG has a classified section, too, and you might get your price here because many people have problems getting those exchanges and would be happy to pay.

Good luck to you. :)

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to TUG Classifieds, You might also consider posting your rental/sale at redweek.com (low cost membership required) and/or myresortnetwork.com (no fees).

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As has already been said, don't be afraid to ask questions on the board. There is no requirement to pay for membership in order to do so and the only way to learn is to ask questions:)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:
Harborside is a Starwood resort and we have an active group of Starwood timeshare owners on the TUG Starwood Board. I would suggest that you visit us over there and browse through some of the info. at the top of the board, including the thread on how to rent your own timeshare.

Your resort is high in demand for a rental and you absolutely do not need to pay someone $500 to rent it for you. It is easy to rent a high demand week for yourself.

Emerson613

Reaction score
thanks everyone-
I have completely decided NOT to pay sell my time share now...
I can do this..... I think we will keep the week
and work from this site and see what I can do. I have a friend who loves Disney and owns Starwood AND that I saw on here... and i know I will find trustworthy people!

So.... myresortnetwork and this site's classifieds should work out, huh?

thansk so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Be sure to read that "how to rent" article (linked in Jya-Ning's post) before you start. Then be prepared for spam.

Consider opening a new e-mail account first. Many of us use such an account for all postings and Internet orders that might result in spam. Then it's easier to abandon that account if spam gets heavy and start over. That's much easier than trying to sort extensive spam from important messages with the e-mail account that you use for communicating with friends and relatives.

Incidentally, all of the rental sites suggested in this thread are included in the list of legitimate sites that is linked in the "how to rent" article.

Last edited:

iluvwdw

Reaction score
thanks everyone-
I have completely decided NOT to pay sell my time share now...
I can do this..... I think we will keep the week
and work from this site and see what I can do. I have a friend who loves Disney and owns Starwood AND that I saw on here... and i know I will find trustworthy people!

So.... myresortnetwork and this site's classifieds should work out, huh?

thansk so much!

Hi, Disney friend! :hi: As I said to you before, I have had much success with MyResortNetwork.com and ebay. DON'T pay anyone $500 to rent a Harborside week for you. Not worth it for a resort in such high demand. YOU CAN DO IT! :cheer: I'd post on all of the FREE or LOW COST websites referenced above.

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another good site for rentals is vrbo.com (it stands for vacation rentals by owner)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had very good success renting out Harborside weeks on www.redweek.com There is a nominal fee to join and post ads, but IMO, it is worth it. I placed my ads in many different places, and that is the one that consistently brought me serious renters. Out of four Harborside rentals I have done, three came from redweek, and one came from a TUG ad (actually a TUG member saw the ad and told someone about it). Another nice thing about redweek is that you can see there are many weeks posted for sale there, so it is easy to price your week appropriately (this is key). I always price mine at or near the bottom of the group and they go fast. Reserving a popular week helps, too. Good luck!

Emerson613

Reaction score
I have had very good success renting out Harborside weeks on www.redweek.com There is a nominal fee to join and post ads, but IMO, it is worth it. I placed my ads in many different places, and that is the one that consistently brought me serious renters. Out of four Harborside rentals I have done, three came from redweek, and one came from a TUG ad (actually a TUG member saw the ad and told someone about it). Another nice thing about redweek is that you can see there are many weeks posted for sale there, so it is easy to price your week appropriately (this is key). I always price mine at or near the bottom of the group and they go fast. Reserving a popular week helps, too. Good luck!

Oh... another good point! This way I still get my fees paid- basically- and someone gets a good deal..... I don't see our week as available on many of the sites mentioned- I wonder if it will actually go since it's not being posted around- OR if it's just a bad week??? :shrug: