• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tradewinds Cruise Club Resales

zoobiedo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen one of these? I have a friend who really wants to get a resale but has not been able to locate one.

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tradewinds Resale

I just closed on a resale. I got so lucky!!! I bought 6 weeks, which need to be used by 2001 for $1500, plus a $500 transfer fee.
I saw one on ebay at least 6 months ago, and it sold for maybe $3000

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I just closed on a resale. I got so lucky!!! I bought 6 weeks, which need to be used by 2001 for $1500...

I would not think paying $1500 for somthing that "need to be used by 2001" would be a good deal! Did I read somthing wrong?

Ray

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
tradewinds resale

Well, if it was a usual timeshare, I certainly would agree. But it's 6 weeks on a group of catamarrans in several different locations. The longest the memberships last are 15 years, if I'm not mistaken. We can add on additional years for a cost supposedly significantly less than if we bought them new.
I actually also have one week that the maintenance fee is already paid, ready to use. So when you consider that the cost for a new membership ranges from about $9000 for 8 or 9 weeks, to $15,000 for 14 or 15 weeks, I got a great deal. Plus, I don't have to fork over all that money for a new membership. I can basically go to most of their locations in that amount of time, and if I don't want to extend, I don't have to. Plus, now we can take friends without it costing any of us a lot of money.
If you haven't done a Tradewinds, I recommend it highly, if you are into a very laid back kind of vacation.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
But if they need to be used by 2001, havent they already expired?

Ray

vincenton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think he may have ment to say by 2010.

Good deal, I would have bought it if I had the opertunity like you did.

Vincent.

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
tradewinds resale

Ooops
You're right, its actually 2011. I jumped on the chance to buy it, she originally had it listed for $3000, and it wasn't a bad deal then. I saw one on ebay maybe 6 mo ago, and I think that's about how much it sold for.
Joyce
(rupert is actually my pug)

Last edited:

vincenton

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is the MF fee per year? Do you still pay for the fee (like RCI exchange) if you decide to go?

I saw that the added a couple of destination, like Belize and Italy. Let me know if you feel like renting a couple of your weeks. I am still waiting for my 1 in 4 to expired. Love to go to Belize and do some diving.

Vincent.

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare resale

My maintenance is 425, which I think is still pretty reasonable. Because this is still one of the original memberships, we pay every year. I don't think there's any additional fees to exchange. With the new memberships, it's all pointbased, so my understanding is that you pay your maintenance when you use it.
The woman I bought it from just went to Belize. I was told by someone in the Tradewinds office that because my mambership was a basic one, that I needed 2 weeks for Belize, but I know that she only used one week. So I hope the woman I talked to was wrong. No matter what, I'm going to Belize. The diving in the Grenedines was actually pretty good, I thought it was better than the snorkeling.
The other new destination is actually Greece, not Italy. I'm planning on doing that too!

Joyce

PeelBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
After paying the resale price, transfer fee and annual maintenance, do you still have to pay for the all inclusive fee? If so, why don't we trade? It is not difficult, well, depending on the island.

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
tradewinds resale

Do you mean why don't we exchange into the resort? It has that pesky 4 year rule, and to my understanding it's not every 4 years at each destination, but rather into the club itself. I do have to pay the AIC fee, but as a member, my diving is free, which is going to save us about $500 a trip. But if you do the math, my 6 weeks cost $333 a week, plus of course, maintenance. You probably can do a Windjammer or windstar for that price, but you don't have a 10 person boat, and it's a totally different experience. I have done Windstar, and it is my favorite cruiseline, except maybe Regent. I like a lot of different experiences, and this was a great and very relaxing vacation!
Joyce

vincenton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was going by memory I recall it being one of the European island. That sounds like a bummer if it cost you two weeks for a trip on Belize.

Maybe my deal is in the near future. Mind if I asked where you got your deal?

Vincent.

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare resale

I just did an online search for resales. I found it before we went on our cruise, and didn't want to buy unless I had done it first. At that time she was asking $3000, but eventually went down to $1500. On the boat, we actually bought what they call a member week for about $2500, which gives you the right to come back within 2 years, to any of the Caribbean locations (not Belize or Greece) and if you buy a full membership at that time, they give you $1500 towards the membership. So we actually have 7 weeks now to use. Of course, in retrospect, if I had bought the membership first, I wouldn't have bought the member week, which is kind of expensive in comparison. But we are still thrilled, and want to bring other couples on a few of the caribbean trips, possibly even take a whole boat. We wouldn't have been able to afford that at the price if we had bought a new membership.
Joyce

Scuba Fletch

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
on Tradewinds RIGHT NOW... BVI's

We're on Tradewinds right now in the BVI's... Awesome trip - and we're considering a membership. My one question on buying a resale is whether or not you will retain the original member's "level" - such as Gold, Platinum, Elite, etc... I'll have to ask - but I'm sure it's not a popular question with the resort. Currently - the price for Gold is $16,900 for 1,200,000 points for 12 years... I'd love to hear of any other resales out there that I can use in my negotiations... Or we'll wait for 4 years and come back after we sell our 2 timeshares we currently own...

:eek:)
Susan

Alphadog

TUG Member
Reaction score
June 9th on Coral Dreams

We were on Coral Dreams on June 9th with Captain Stuart and Louise. I think the captain of the other boat was Chris. If Chris is your captain, ask him about his dingy getting kidnapped by Pie Ratz! We stole their dingy after they took our lilo. If you're on board with Stu and Lou, say Hi from their crew of their first solo sail. :hi:

Major fun! Sort of, kind of, wish we had bought since all our friends now want to do this kind of trip. The fact that you had to buy right away while in the BVI kind of turned me off a bit. I'm not sure if you can do Greece on that Gold package. You may be limited to where you can use the 12 trips. I think one couple on our trip asked about that. I don't think it's a bad deal but after reading a few posts back about someone getting six trips for $1500.00!! Now that's a steal!

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
tradewinds resale

Yes, we're planning on taking our friends. (I'm the person who bought the 6 weeks for $1500) Already scheduled 2 cabins in St Martin for next year. Thinking about scheduling for Greece for fall 2008. Has anyone done Greece? Would love to hear about it.

Scuba Fletch

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up purchasing a Gold Membership

I ended up purchasing a Gold membership - and may upgrade in the future to Platinum. We LOVED our vacation experience... I'm trying to get an article published right now and after that, I'll post it on TUG... I loved the fact that we can purchase extra referral weeks for friends / family at half price of their regular rental rates - so we can always have the freedom to take people with us... They are also about to get some new cats - that just have 3 bedrooms + 1 for the crew - so you can book the whole yacht a little easier...

If anyone is interested in going, I would be happy to set you up with a referral week - currently $2,125 for the cabin. This price reflects all costs involved with the cruise except 2 evenings when guests dine ashore, SCUBA diving ($75 per person per dive), and crew gratuities (usually $100 per person = $200)

Just let me know if I can help... susan.fletcher@tx.rr.com