• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Missing Reservation

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen duplicate reservations (and if you cancel one they both go away) since they are actually the same reservation number.

But I've found a new issue. I have a boatload of reservations where they have mostly studios BY FAR. I'm traveling with too many people for studios. So I have a couple one bedrooms (which is fine) and the rest in studios opted in for upgrade.

Well I know how many 1 bedrooms have (as it isn't enough.) But one of my reservations doesn't show on my phone or on the main reservation screen. And it isn't in the canceled list. But if I filter my reservations to that particular resort, it is there

So in reality I can be having reservations use points, drop off my main screen, and then never even know that I still had the reservation. This can be bad.

rlanzone

Reaction score
I have found the rendering of the reservation list on their website can be inaccurate; especially when you have many and you have to scroll through the list. I found filtering by resort helps (reduces size of list).

I view it as a display issue more than what is / isn’t reserved in my experience.

In short, a bug on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I've seen duplicate reservations (and if you cancel one they both go away) since they are actually the same reservation number.

But I've found a new issue. I have a boatload of reservations where they have mostly studios BY FAR. I'm traveling with too many people for studios. So I have a couple one bedrooms (which is fine) and the rest in studios opted in for upgrade.

Well I know how many 1 bedrooms have (as it isn't enough.) But one of my reservations doesn't show on my phone or on the main reservation screen. And it isn't in the canceled list. But if I filter my reservations to that particular resort, it is there

So in reality I can be having reservations use points, drop off my main screen, and then never even know that I still had the reservation. This can be bad.
I think it's been that way for some time (maybe since the inception of Voyager). When I review reservations I sort by check-in date in both directions. I also try to log in my records as soon as I book something. I've certainly been in a panic thinking something was missing when it was not. And I agree with you, you could have a reservation 'go missing' and lose points over it. I would think that properly displaying the reservations in an account would be a priority issue to fix, I also don't understand why they don't seem to be able to fix it. Agree rlanzone, likely more of a display issue - but to the end user - the result is the same (panic and lack of accurate information).

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I periodically have reservations that disappear from the screen but when I call in they can see them. Typically at the same time I have other reservations showing twice. When I have a lot of reservations I either take screenshots each day when I'm done making any new reservations or cancelling any or I keep an updated handwritten list of what I have.

Outside of having heart failure over having important reservations disappear I also worry that sometime I might miss cancelling a reservation because it isn't showing and I forgot I had it.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the same issue. It’s beyond frustrating that Wyndham knows about this glitch, but has done nothing to fix it.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
I suspect this is a cache related problem. Delete your browser cache and try it again!

Or go to a different computer and see if the problem persists.

I have not encountered this problem so far. I don't think I have ever had more than 15 or 20 reservations at one time. I use the Chrome browser and occasionally Microsoft Edge. I could try looking at past reservations to see I can reproduce the problem if it's indeed related to the number of reservations! Anyway, I bet it's a display issue and does not reflect the actual reservations on their system.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
I periodically have reservations that disappear from the screen but when I call in they can see them. Typically at the same time I have other reservations showing twice. When I have a lot of reservations I either take screenshots each day when I'm done making any new reservations or cancelling any or I keep an updated handwritten list of what I have.

Outside of having heart failure over having important reservations disappear I also worry that sometime I might miss cancelling a reservation because it isn't showing and I forgot I had it.

That certainly looks like a cache problem. Delete cache and try again and I bet the problem will disappear!
What browser do you use? When is the last time you cleared browser cache? I do that when weird stuff happens on other sites too. I hate to lose the remembered passwords. Luckily Chrome allows you to clear very selectively.

upload_2019-12-9_15-43-37.png

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-*-

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would love to troubleshoot this and get Wyndham to fix this issue!

Wyndham displays 20 confirmations per page initially sorted on Check-in date in descending order, showing the furthest reservation first. (Why not sort by ascending order showing next upcoming reservation first!:ponder:) If you have more, you have to click on SHOW MORE.
1. Does this problem happen when you have 20 or fewer reservations?
2. If you have >20 reservations, do the reservations 20 and 21 have the same Check-in Date? If so, same Resort, same Unit type, same Check-in Name?

SHOW MORE issues a request to fetch additional reservations based on the Check-in date, Resort, Unit Type, Check-in Name of the 20th reservation and sorted on one of those fields as requested by the user and with the filter criteria, if specified. Since there are possible duplicates with these values, they have to use a unique identifier to continue the query without overlapping or missing records.

Since Confirmation # is part of the query and it (appears to be) uniquely assigned at the booking time, I don't understand why they would not use that as a unique identifier to resolve duplicates. That would continue the query without overlap or loss!

If this problem affects only customers with >20 reservations with multiple reservations with the same check-in date at the same resort etc., Wyndham may be considering this low priority. From my experience, it seems simple enough to fix! Is there a ticket opened with specific information to reproduce the problem?

Takeaway:
Don't delete duplicates, they are not duplicates, check the confirmation #.
Reservations are really not missing! SHOW MORE logic failed to fetch them.
Use the filter to narrow your search to less than 20 and verify your reservations!

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks for researching and posting. Sadly, I think those of us that have been using the system for awhile have been desensitized to the issues. I know I for sure have, I just don't have the time -- and feels like beating your head against a wall.

At best, to get Wyndham's attention, try using the feedback tab on the website (which is down right now so I can't specifically even say where it is anymore (it moves)).

Whether you call in an issue or report it online, ticket numbers are not assigned and there is no follow up. You can hope someone forwards it to the right place and it gets addressed. And maybe someday we'll notice it's working.