• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Outlook Experts?

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
I am having problems with my Hotmail email account.

I am receiving unwanted emails containing sexual nature in my Junk Mail.

I googled for help and connected with a fake outlook expert. They asked me to send them an example of the unwanted emails. I fell for it and sent it them. They said they wanted to see what IP address was sending the emails. But they wanted my IP address which was included in the email I sent them.

I now receive 75 emails a day which are of sexual nature.

I know I can delete the whole list but I do I receive some emails in my junk mail which interest me. I started blocking them individually, but they keep changing the sender email account. I have received emails with my name in the sender email address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I quit using Hotmail years ago for this exact reason. I didn't give my address to a spammer, but the unwanted emails kept coming anyway. Since Hotmail is free, you sort of have to expect this sort of thing.

My suggestion is to set up a new account, and stop using the old Hotmail account. You can tell those who need to reach you that way what your new account name is. (If you need a free account, Gmail is better at filtering out spam than Hotmail ever was.)

Good luck!

Dave

Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
If you do create a new account start keeping a running list of who you have given your new email address to. (Utility companies, bank accounts, etc) Because you will be amazed at how many places you need to update your email address and this way you will know which ones you have done already.

Unrelated, funny, but true story. My dingbat mom changed her internet provider years ago and got in trouble for not paying her gas and electric bill. She complained that she never received the bill. "Well mam, is this your email address?? No, it's not? Well then that's why you didn't receive your bill." Her response to me was "Well I didn't know my email address changed when I changed internet providers." :doh: She just assumed everything would forward like the USPS does when you move.:D

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Unrelated, funny, but true story.

Kind of like when I was stationed in Norfolk, Virginia, in the early 1970's. Freak snowstorm, left the city a mess. Waiting to cross a street at an intersection when the stoplight changed, I held back and watched as a car, with a wide-eyed, little old lady behind the wheel, slid through the icy intersection and smacked a few oncoming cars. Nobody was hurt, and I hung around to be a witness, in case they needed one. Poor lady had probably never seen snow, and was dumbfounded. She kept looking around with a clueless expression, saying, "But I STEPPED on my brakes!!" :shrug:

Dave

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I am having problems with my Hotmail email account.

I am receiving unwanted emails containing sexual nature in my Junk Mail.

I googled for help and connected with a fake outlook expert. They asked me to send them an example of the unwanted emails. I fell for it and sent it them. They said they wanted to see what IP address was sending the emails. But they wanted my IP address which was included in the email I sent them.

I now receive 75 emails a day which are of sexual nature.

I know I can delete the whole list but I do I receive some emails in my junk mail which interest me. I started blocking them individually, but they keep changing the sender email account. I have received emails with my name in the sender email address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a tough spot.

You can open a Gmail account, forward your hotmail account to your Gmail account....and slowly reduce the emails to zero. Gmail is better.
The hotmail account will be toast I'm afraid.
But, it's an easy way to slowly transition.

Automatic filters can move any emails with selected 'naughty' words directly to the deleted folder or take similar actions (depending on client)
This may not solve your problem, but it's easier to deal with.
DONT open spam mails. Many of the spams are aware of your actions relative to the email....

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Thanks for everyone's help.

Since I originally posted I learned something thanks to Rob. I have been opening all the unwanted emails and then blocking them. I now know that blocking only blocks it from your inbox not junk mail. So I am just browsing the junk folder without opening any emails and then doing an empty folder after that. Hopefully this will slow them down when the senders see I am not opening their emails.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I dumped Microsoft, bought a Chromebook and use Gmail. I haven't had a single computer issue since...

George