• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beware of Vallarta Gardens (2014)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Bump - time again
- be warned / Vallarta Gardens is a real resort location / with SCAMS as the primary purpose it exists - IMO .

Last edited:

kevint336

Reaction score
I must say I was skeptical at first as I never tried a Luxury vacation Villa before. I was convinced by sister in law to try it and I must say it was really incredible quality time. This place was absolutely incredible and I would say I will definitely suggest this to others who don't want to the typical hotel scene but also don't want to miss the services of a resort. It was truly the best of all worlds. The chefs were awesome as they cooked for us at our villa while we did a late afternoon pool party. We were just minutes from Puerto Vallarta but we didn’t need to have all the crowds bother us.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
This place was absolutely incredible and I would say I will definitely suggest this to others who don't want to the typical hotel scene but also don't want to miss the services of a resort. It was truly the best of all worlds.

Yes, timeshares can be great ways to spend vacations. However, one must do a lot of research before buying one. If unsure, it's often recommended here to try renting first, then you can see whether or not owning will be right for you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yes, timeshares can be a great way to spend vacations....

....... one must do a lot of research before buying one. .....

Yes TUG is a great place to do research on :

Vallarta Garden - La Cruz de Huanacaxtle Mexico
(may also list as - A Boutique PRC)

Reaction score
I own at three different places around Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta.

I have read reviews from others about Vallarta Gardens. I believe they are just plain complainers who weren't bowed down to, or "plants" from other "timeshare" companies. I have "vacationed" here MANY times and NEVER ran into any circumstances that are mentioned in those "reviews".

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.......I have "vacationed" here MANY times and NEVER ran into any circumstances that are mentioned in those "reviews".

Hi William ,

- Glad you like PV -NV & enjoy vacationing there .

The TUG member who started this thread in 2014 - had a very different sales experience at Vallarta Gardens - chose to rescind that contract - and had various complications - as describe in the thread .

Welcome to TUG .

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have read reviews from others about Vallarta Gardens. I believe they are just plain complainers who weren't bowed down to, or "plants" from other "timeshare" companies. I have "vacationed" here MANY times and NEVER ran into any circumstances that are mentioned in those "reviews".

For the most part, I don't think the majority of complainers are complaining about the actual resort. They are probably complaining about the sales tactics that got them to spend way too much money to buy. Add to that that 1) one can often rent there for less than the MFs and 2) the resale value is far lower than what was originally paid, then you can see why many people are directing their harsh criticism and complaints against the VGs.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Bump for fall 2021 / winter 2022
It's been 18 months / read and avoid

And may Karen G - who spent many years moderating the Mexican Forum and helping those who's first post required help in how to rescind -
rest in peace.

And I hope her 16 helpful posts in this thread will continue to inform new readers.

Last edited:

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I was the original poster and I stand by my report of my experience. Karen was a great help when I was very flustered and I hope she sees how many people she helped fas she looks back from the great beyond.