• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions on selling my HGVC timeshare

jasperdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to sell my 1BR Parc Soleil timeshare in Orlando. So I looked at Parc Soleil "for sale" ads and it was very confusing. I have a Platinum floating week and get 4800 points a year. But the $ range is huge so I have no idea what to ask. Is $1 a point a good high limit?

Do I have to pay any HGVC fees or is that all on the buyer? How high are these one-time fees for the buyer? How much more if the buyer is not currently an HGVC member? I want to be able to disclose these fees to the buyer. There's only 4790 points for 2020 because I borrowed 10. Is that a problem?

In the past, I used a quitclaim deed to buy a timeshare week in Las Vegas. Can this be used with my HGVC timeshare?

Last edited:

TDub1313

Reaction score
It is paid off, with no outstanding loan, I assume? That would be a hurdle to clear before thinking about price.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I want to sell my 1BR Parc Soleil timeshare in Orlando. So I looked at Parc Soleil "for sale" ads and it was very confusing. I have a Platinum floating week and get 4800 points a year. But the $ range is huge so I have no idea what to ask. Is $1 a point a good high limit?

Do I have to pay any HGVC fees or is that all on the buyer? How high are these one-time fees for the buyer? How much more if the buyer is not currently an HGVC member? I want to be able to disclose these fees to the buyer. There's only 4790 points for 2020 because I borrowed 10. Is that a problem?

In the past, I used a quitclaim deed to buy a timeshare week in Las Vegas. Can this be used with my HGVC timeshare?

Based on Seth’s site (link), the price for Parc Soleil’s one bedroom platinum annual seems closer to $0.60/point. JMHO...If you want a quicker sale, I suggest that your asking price doesn’t exceed $3,000.

Everything is negotiable but typically all fees are paid by the buyer.
If you decide to sell it yourself, many have used LT Transfers to handle the closing (link)

Here are the latest 2019 HGVC fees:
  • Estoppel Fee - $64 (included with closing)
  • Transfer Fee (aka Change Fee) - $409 (included with closing)
  • Enrollment/Activation Fees - $609 (buyer is billed directly from HGVC after closing)
NOTE: If the buyer is not currently a HGVC member, they will also have to pay the annual club fee. The 2020 HGVC-Domestic/International $182 /$216

Good Luck :)

Last edited:

jasperdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
.Great info, alw. One more question. Since it's late in the year, how late into January can I go before HGVC would put a lien on the unit for not paying the Jan 1 assessment?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
.Great info, alw. One more question. Since it's late in the year, how late into January can I go before HGVC would put a lien on the unit for not paying the Jan 1 assessment?

Check your MF statement because some properties differ. In most cased 45 days after Jan 1.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
HGVC may want the MF paid in order to transfer. Being so close to the end of the year, I'd bake the MF into the deal so it does not leave you in limbo.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
It might take a while before you’re able to find a buyer. So you’ll want to pay the MF and have the buyer reimburse you for the 2020 MF.

As stated above, check your billing statement. The grace period varies.

For example, here’s a copy of my billing statement for my Flamingo one bedroom platinum (see photo below). For the Flamingo, I must pay the total amount due within 45 days of the due date to avoid the penalty (late fee plus finance charges).

0B251E9C-BBC8-4119-8EA9-77EB65C6A450.jpeg

Keep in mind, it’s a buyer’s market (more sellers than buyers). So if you want/need a quick sale, you’ll want to make sure your asking prices is on the low side. If you don’t care about making anything on the sale, you can offer it for free on the TUG Free Timeshare Giveaway Forum (link) with the buyer reimbursing your 2020 MF and paying all cost associated with the transfer.

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
It might take a while before you’re able to find a buyer. So you’ll want to pay the MF and have the buyer reimburse you for the 2020 MF.

As stated above, check your billing statement. The grace period varies.

For example, here’s a copy of my billing statement for my Flamingo one bedroom platinum (see photo below). For the Flamingo, I must pay the total amount due within 45 days of the due date to avoid the penalty (late fee plus finance charges).

View attachment 15207

Keep in mind, it’s a buyer’s market (more sellers than buyers). So if you want/need a quick sale, you’ll want to make sure your asking prices is on the low side. If you don’t care about making anything on the sale, you can offer it for free on the TUG Free Timeshare Giveaway Forum (link) with the buyer reimbursing your 2020 MF and paying all cost associated with the transfer.

If you offer it for free on TUG Free Timeshare Giveaway Forum and a buyer accepts it, can HGVC step in with ROFR? If they do are there any costs to anyone?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If you offer it for free on TUG Free Timeshare Giveaway Forum and a buyer accepts it, can HGVC step in with ROFR? If they do are there any costs to anyone?

Yes, during the ROFR process, HGVC can step in as the buyer and take the week at the negotiated price.

Generally no one loses anything when ROFR is exercised. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule such as Disney Vacation Club.

But for HGVC, I don’t recall seeing any TUG reports of additional cost to the buyer or seller. I believe HGVC has 30 days to make their ROFR decision.

Last edited:

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
There is no ROFR on true gift transactions. You need to fill out a gift affidavit for HGVC. You can have the receiver be responsible (pay) for the transfer fees, but no money should change hands on a gift.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MFs need to be paid before the transfer will be completed. It can take 60 days for the sale to close. You should go ahead and pay the next MFs and ask for reimbursement at the sale.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Yes, during the ROFR process, HGVC can step in as the buyer and take the week at the negotiated price.

Generally no one loses anything when ROFR is exercised. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule such as Disney Vacation Club.

But for HGVC, I don’t recall seeing any TUG reports of additional cost to the buyer or seller. I believe HGVC has 30 days to make their ROFR decision.

Has anyone reported ROFR being exercised on $0 sales. I guess if the sales are $0 the property is thought of having little value to the buyer and seller as well as to HGVC.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Has anyone reported ROFR being exercised on $0 sales. I guess if the sales are $0 the property is thought of having little value to the buyer and seller as well as to HGVC.

Well, I can’t say I totally agree on the buyer value since I’ve picked up a few freebie (non-HGVC) weeks on TUG and they have served me well ;).

Last edited:

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We owned Orlando in the very initial and I quickly learned what everyone else knew ... Orlando has very high MFs, higher than almost any other location.
So, in the resale market, that is a strike against you.

Heavily in your favor is your Platinum property.

MFs must be paid for you to have any takers and this late in the year, you are going to have to pay them anyway, so I would say in your favor is that you will have a whole year to sell but you will have to eat the MFs this year.

Now another thing I see is that let us say you must pay MFs, you can use your points this New Year.
i.e. Property for sale, no tax due, no points available. Very common.

Lastly, be careful with the lingo, even around here ... I just purchased from Seth for $0.55 cents per point but when I say that, for me I mean TOTAL, the unit (points) plus all fees. The unit was listed for ~ $.29411 per point. So again just make sure everyone is on the same page.

jasperdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
We owned Orlando in the very initial and I quickly learned what everyone else knew ... Orlando has very high MFs, higher than almost any other location.
So, in the resale market, that is a strike against you.

Heavily in your favor is your Platinum property.

MFs must be paid for you to have any takers and this late in the year, you are going to have to pay them anyway, so I would say in your favor is that you will have a whole year to sell but you will have to eat the MFs this year.

Now another thing I see is that let us say you must pay MFs, you can use your points this New Year.
i.e. Property for sale, no tax due, no points available. Very common.

Lastly, be careful with the lingo, even around here ... I just purchased from Seth for $0.55 cents per point but when I say that, for me I mean TOTAL, the unit (points) plus all fees. The unit was listed for ~ $.29411 per point. So again just make sure everyone is on the same page.

I read someplace on tug2 that HGVC gives a full allotment of points to new owners and that's the justification for not refunding any maintenance fees and for the high transfer and activation fees. Is that true or not? Reluctantly, you've all convinced me to just pay the maintenance before sale.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read someplace on tug2 that HGVC gives a full allotment of points to new owners and that's the justification for not refunding any maintenance fees and for the high transfer and activation fees. Is that true or not? Reluctantly, you've all convinced me to just pay the maintenance before sale.

HGVC only gives the points if they're available in the contract. HGVC cannot manufacture points so, if you've used them, there are none to be given.

So, this is a negotiation item for the sale. If the buyer doesn't want to reimburse, you can use the points prior to the sale (disclosing this, of course) and then the buyer gets no points for no MFs paid.

Cheers.