• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France - condo questions

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Appreciated all the help in picking a location at this lovely sounding resort. A few more questions as I start packing:
  • Are the electric plugs standard European or US type (we have found in Mexico that many resorts have US style plugs). Are there enough of them, i.e. most Marriotts have bedside lamps/tables with plug and enough of them not to be concerned about extension cords etc. Not always the case with Paris Hotels.
  • Are the washer/dryers like the usual US kind? We have rented apartments in Paris where they are small washer/dryer combinations (can't imagine how that works) that are complicated to use.
Any info always appreciated!

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there 4 years ago in a 3 bedroom unit, 2 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs. There were 4 adults and 3 children. The resort is about 3 miles from Disneyland Paris. I don't remember having any problems with the electric outlets so I think they were the US type. However the washer dryer unit was one unit and very small. Luckily our son and daughter in law, who were with us, were living in Laussanne, Switzerland at the time and were familiar with European appliances.
Hope this helps.
Appreciated all the help in picking a location at this lovely sounding resort. A few more questions as I start packing:
  • Are the electric plugs standard European or US type (we have found in Mexico that many resorts have US style plugs). Are there enough of them, i.e. most Marriotts have bedside lamps/tables with plug and enough of them not to be concerned about extension cords etc. Not always the case witharis Hotels.
  • Are the washer/dryers like the usual US kind? We have rented apartments in Paris where they are small washer/dryer combinations (can't imagine how that works) that are complicated to use.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
  • Are the electric plugs standard European or US type (we have found in Mexico that many resorts have US style plugs). Are there enough of them, i.e. most Marriotts have bedside lamps/tables with plug and enough of them not to be concerned about extension cords etc. Not always the case with Paris Hotels.

My wife and daughter stayed there for a week in 2014. She just told me the electric plugs were all European style, so adaptor plugs were needed for all US devices. She couldn't recall how plentiful they were. As far as the washer/dryer, her recollection is they were a European-style single unit and were not intuitive to use.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
I don't remember having any problems with the electric outlets so I think they were the US type.

Why would they be the US type? It's a resort in France therefore it uses French power outlets. You will need to use the standard European adaptors for any US electrical item.

The washer/dryers are of the front loading type, I've never encountered an American style top loader anywhere I've stayed in Europe. There will be an instruction manual in English for the appliances, usually situated in a bureau or similar in the dining room.

I've found these days there are never enough power outlets wherever we are in the world. My advice, if you're bringing lots of gadgets that require charging then an extension cord (we have a specific EU one and a US one) which will accept your own plugs and perhaps a multi USB charger will be more than sufficient.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
European plugs. you need converters. Washer is either stackable or all In 1 depending on your unit.
There’s a pull out compartment that collected moisture for ventless dryer and you Have to empty it. Or it’ll cut off. Took us a while to figure that out.

lisa3635

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’ll need adapters, we bought them on amazon for around $10. I wonder if they might have usbs in the alarm clocks by now, you could email and Facebook them and check if you just need it for phone chargers. It was 3 years ago when we stayed.

The washers are a little different than ours but the instructions are easy to follow and separate.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You’ll need adapters, we bought them on amazon for around $10. I wonder if they might have usbs in the alarm clocks by now, you could email and Facebook them and check if you just need it for phone chargers. It was 3 years ago when we stayed.
Thanks All. We have adapters but did not want to duplicate just in case Marriott had decided to try to put 110 plugs in for North American tourists!

The washers are a little different than ours but the instructions are easy to follow and separate.

I will hope for one of the stackable type (we are in a 2 BDRM condo) and not one of the tiny all-in-one types we have had before in apartments, but I am sure we can read the directions. And my first step in using any equipment with a filter to empty it! Even at home. But thanks for the tip.

Bernie8245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected! I talked to my son today and he said he had brought the adapters from his house in Lausanne and we used them.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We too find the appliances "different." But that added to the adventure of really being in a foreign country.

We used an adapter at this location. And along the topic of adapters... we bought a travel adapter kit several years ago that contained various adapters for the various electrical systems around the world. It has served us well. But -- more recently-- as someone else mentioned above-- people have multiple devices now. On our last trip, we realized one adapter isn't going to be enough going forward. We had phones and cameras to charge. We had to be very aware that once a device was charged, we needed to immediately plug in another device so all would have enough time to fully charge. I recommend having two adapters.

I'm sure as time goes on most hotels and timeshares will install lamps/clocks with USB outlets -- which would be universal no matter which country your are in.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I bring a power strip so one adapter powers all my devices

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
The outlets are french, so you need adapters. The washer/dryer are stacked units and there is a laminated sheet with instructions, but we found if we used the temperature they recommended, colors ran, do just use the next temperature down.

The Marketplace there is great for staples, fresh baked croissants and baguettes, great prices on wine. The restaurant was very disappointing. The concierge desk was very helpful, especially with navigating the trains into Paris. We had a phenomenal stay at this property.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bring a power strip so one adapter powers all my devices

This is dangerous, unless the powerstrip is specifically rated for 220-240v (your plain vanilla powerstrip purchased in the US is unlikely to be rated for this and more likely to be rate 120v or 125v). Please anyone who does this, check your powerstrip closely. While it may work for a while, over time the wiring can overheat and catch on fire.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marketplace there is great for staples, fresh baked croissants and baguettes, great prices on wine.

I'll add that when you check in you are given a discount slip valid on a single shop at the marketplace (I think it was 10% off). We use this to get enough goods to get us through the evening and first breakfast and then stock up at Auchon in the mall nearby. Works well and defrays a bit of the higher prices at the Marketplace (not horrible, but clearly resort like prices).

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed there a few times. Definitely European plugs. They sell adapters in the convenience store, but you may want to bring a couple of your own. Dryer is condensing (so you will need to empty the can when it is full. If you are planning to go to disneyland you should probably buy a pass on the outset. Unless pricing has changed, it is paid for by the end of day 3 in the park. Also the coffee machines are Nespresso, and I believe what was supplied was the strong version

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
The Marketplace there is great for staples, fresh baked croissants and baguettes, great prices on wine. The restaurant was very disappointing.

Even better wine prices at the Auchan nearby! But yes, the Marketplace is good for some breakfast pastries if you don't feel like a quick jaunt into town in the morning.

For those wishing to bring an adaptor to charge the ever growing number of electronic devices most of us now travel with then I would recommend something similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Maximm-Prote...575052888&sprefix=european+ext,aps,241&sr=8-3

It's an extension cord (with additional USB ports) that is intended for use within Europe (where two pin plugs are used) and is far safer than using your own US extension lead plugged into an EU adaptor.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
For those wishing to bring an adaptor to charge the ever growing number of electronic devices most of us now travel with then I would recommend something similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Maximm-Protector-Universal-Charging-Multiplug/dp/B07DJS8CHR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1BQ9E4WTBGUSA&keywords=european+extension+cord&qid=1575052888&sprefix=european+ext,aps,241&sr=8-3

It's an extension cord (with additional USB ports) that is intended for use within Europe (where two pin plugs are used) and is far safer than using your own US extension lead plugged into an EU adaptor.

Thanks for the link to that extension adapter. I discovered the peril of using a US extension in an EU plug in 2018 in Barcelona. Even with an EU adapter plug, when I plugged my extension cord into the EU port sparks flew, the room circuit breakers were tripped, and the extension cord was fried. It had a fuse in it and unlike most electronic devices today, it was apparently only 110v and not dual voltage. Something like the one in your link would have prevented that issue.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Settled into the Marriott Village d'ile-de-France and thanks to all who have been so helpful. To pass along future visitors:
  • We asked for buildings 1600-1500-1400-1800-1700 in that order and were given 1603 which could not have been more perfect for us. It is faces the Monet garden, but is literally the closest unit to the Market Place, restaurant, fitness, childrens center), and is a 1 minute walk (it is winter and cold here and we can get the croissants from oven to kitchen in 75 seconds ). If you are interested in that kind of closeness but still quiet and lovely any of the 1600 or 1800 units are the best bet. Ours is a 2 BDRM.
  • The outlets are of course the 2 prong French/european ones and are not especially plentiful. Only walls wocketsand not that many as noted. No lamps or desks with outlets or USB. Thanks to those of you who posted good adapter power strips suggestions. We had one power cube that worked, and since we had several small euro adapters we brought from home (handy for allowing us to plug in small itmes like night lights) we bought a 2,70 euro french power strip (i.e. euro power strip to 3 euro plugs) at the grocery which allows us to use our other adapters. Otherwise the US -French power strips are a very good way to go.
  • The washer/dryer are spearate and stacked. I never cared about the front loading part, but the small units that both wash and dry are complicated to use, small, and take forever. And I still can't imagine how they work at all to do both functions. They had one detergent here and our housecleaner left another. Bring your own dryer sheets if you care.
  • Daily maid service not just mid-week tidy.
  • Dishwasher (and w/d) are Bosch and they leave soap for both.
  • Restaurant seemed fine (only had lunch) and happy hour is 5:30-7:30 with half price wine and well liquor.
  • There is a nepresso coffee machine with pods available in the market (1euro/pod or 7,95 for 10) and a 15 cup Bosch drip pot which takes #4 filters -- not provided although there is some pouches for this that will work for your first morning if need be.
  • The kitchen is reasonably well stocked, but only a bread knife and another large one in ours. We travel permanenty with this knife https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018I8PXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and a pair of scissors in my checked bag. One of the better ideas I have ever had. Often no scissors (good luck getting anything opened) and very dull knives.
  • The staff all speak good English and will happily help your attempts to dust off your French.
  • The small local village Bailly Romanvillers, is small but lovely. Very nice supermarket, wonderful butcher and fruit/veg store, pattesserie (of course), a few restaurants and wine bar.
  • Renting a car is a very good idea if you want to get around for much besides Disney. The Hertz counter is right inside the main entrance of the train statin (which is gigantic -- this is no little french village gare. And as usual in France, this week a big strike will take the trains, probably the metro, and others in sympathy out of function for at least Wednesday evening and Th-Fri and quite possibly the weekend. Will be a real mess.
We really love the property and the area. And thanks again for helping us with plans for this.