• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CWA bad, CWS good, deeded better, estate planning

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have meeting in an hour, but got a preview when we checked in about converting CWA contracts to deeded contracts, saving on MF, ARP no good with CWA, deeds are better for estate planning, "everyone's doing it!", and probably some more I'm forgetting. I'll be interested to see what deeds are offered. Haven't been told a price yet, but definitely involved buying some retail points.
A few months ago, we were told we had limited visibility, and if we rolled our CWA's into one, would give us a "power deed, which would give us better availability, or visibility, when booking, and just buy 105k points, which of course we didn't. I think today's offer is a new angle from the one a month ago.
I read a thread earlier about buying additional retail to fully pay MF, but haven't heard that one from Wyndham...yet!
Anyone been presented with any of these new "options"?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have not. The only warning we have is that the Sales Person will say anything to earn a Commission. Even if is the worse option for you.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Have meeting in an hour, but got a preview when we checked in about converting CWA contracts to deeded contracts, saving on MF, ARP no good with CWA, deeds are better for estate planning, "everyone's doing it!", and probably some more I'm forgetting. I'll be interested to see what deeds are offered. Haven't been told a price yet, but definitely involved buying some retail points.
A few months ago, we were told we had limited visibility, and if we rolled our CWA's into one, would give us a "power deed, which would give us better availability, or visibility, when booking, and just buy 105k points, which of course we didn't. I think today's offer is a new angle from the one a month ago.
I read a thread earlier about buying additional retail to fully pay MF, but haven't heard that one from Wyndham...yet!

Well, right off, CWA gives you ARP at most resorts, so that was a lie. In fact, that is one of the main perks with CWA and how they would try and get you to buy CWA if you owned deeded properties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the consistent themes with Wyndham sales staff when talking to existing owners is that there is a "problem" with what you currently own, and they have a solution for you. Astonishingly, that solution always involves buying more points.

The problems are many, and it's never hard to come up with some potential limitation in any particular portfolio.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
One sales guy tried to tell me I couldn’t see all the inventory. I said at 10 months I can see anything CWA can. He said “Do you think you see all the presidential reserve inventory” I said I would see about 25% of it at 10 months, regardless of if I owed CWA or deeded. He got tired of me real fast. When the alarm went off, he popped up like a jack in the box and took me to the gifting counter.

I stopped going to them. They annoy me for the simple fact that they act like I have “Dumb Broad” tattooed across my forehead. I got tired of men treating me like I was stupid. Then getting angry when I didn’t fall for it. Then all the sudden I was the bad guy for going to a sales pitch with no intention of buying. Maybe the parking pass Nazis should stop denying it’s a sales pitch and you’ll have fewer people going who don’t want to buy. Of course I knew it was a sales pitch, but they wanted to play the “we are not going to sell you anything” game, so I played along.

I’ve been given the fuzzy math test before. He was throwing numbers out quickly so I would get confused. I was confused on how he got 2+2 to equal purple. He tried telling me I would never have to make a loan payment or a maintenance fee payment because I could convert all my new points to pay for it. My mom was with me and I saw more then a few eye rolls from her. Of course we said no.

I was also given the whole cancel rebook sales tactic in the very beginning. He showed me how I could turn 1 million points to 2 million points. He was trying to sell a million points to a 20 something. The man must have thought we were loaded or something. I knew a loop hole when I saw one. I told him that loop hole would get closed eventually. Of course he refused to call it a loophole. Oh, and the best part. He told us Presidential reserve members were treated like Kings and queens. If you’re in Florida and you want a New York Pizza from New York, they’d fly it down for you. He must of thought I was loaded and stupid.

I’ve heard others but those are the funniest ones.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
One sales guy tried to tell me I couldn’t see all the inventory. I said at 10 months I can see anything CWA can. He said “Do you think you see all the presidential reserve inventory” I said I would see about 25% of it at 10 months, regardless of if I owed CWA or deeded. He got tired of me real fast. When the alarm went off, he popped up like a jack in the box and took me to the gifting counter.

I stopped going to them. They annoy me for the simple fact that they act like I have “Dumb Broad” tattooed across my forehead. I got tired of men treating me like I was stupid. Then getting angry when I didn’t fall for it. Then all the sudden I was the bad guy for going to a sales pitch with no intention of buying. Maybe the parking pass Nazis should stop denying it’s a sales pitch and you’ll have fewer people going who don’t want to buy. Of course I knew it was a sales pitch, but they wanted to play the “we are not going to sell you anything” game, so I played along.

I’ve been given the fuzzy math test before. He was throwing numbers out quickly so I would get confused. I was confused on how he got 2+2 to equal purple. He tried telling me I would never have to make a loan payment or a maintenance fee payment because I could convert all my new points to pay for it. My mom was with me and I saw more then a few eye rolls from her. Of course we said no.

I was also given the whole cancel rebook sales tactic in the very beginning. He showed me how I could turn 1 million points to 2 million points. He was trying to sell a million points to a 20 something. The man must have thought we were loaded or something. I knew a loop hole when I saw one. I told him that loop hole would get closed eventually. Of course he refused to call it a loophole. Oh, and the best part. He told us Presidential reserve members were treated like Kings and queens. If you’re in Florida and you want a New York Pizza from New York, they’d fly it down for you. He must of thought I was loaded and stupid.

Wyndham math just never adds up! LOL.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
None of their options are in your best interest. Best option would to stop wasting hours of your vacation time to listen to the lies and deceit. Everyone knows it all turns into a hard sell and what ever you don't own is much better then your current ownership. Wyndham math will prove all you have to do to is buy more points then you can possibly use starting at a minimal cost of $30k.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
As far as Estate planning, I disagree deeded is better. CWA can be transferred to someone very easily, and done right through Wyndham. Deeded needs a change in the deed, which is quite a bit more expensive. They do this to me every time I do an update. Get rid of CWA, and trade it in for a deed. The nice young man at Dolphins Cove actually showed me 2 proposals, and both would have cost me $28,000, with trade in. Would take me about 30 years to make it up the difference in the Maint Fees. Not to mention, I just picked up 2 deeds...Grand desert even year 154,000 points, and Royal seacliffs 126,000 odd year, total price for both, $500.

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in williamsburg for party weekend, so had to go for 2 hour meeting, out in 2 1/2. Yes, need to consolidate CWA, and convert to CWS for better visibility, better ARP, and lower MF. "Open enrollment" ended in September, but we still had a chance because of it being a party weekend. And full equity applied if we went for PR. Also heard that PR is sold out?? We didn't buy anything.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
We are in williamsburg for party weekend, so had to go for 2 hour meeting, out in 2 1/2. Yes, need to consolidate CWA, and convert to CWS for better visibility, better ARP, and lower MF. "Open enrollment" ended in September, but we still had a chance because of it being a party weekend. And full equity applied if we went for PR. Also heard that PR is sold out?? We didn't buy anything.

It’s not sold out. There might be certain resorts with no inventory to sell (temporarily), but it’s not entirely sold out.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!

I just belittle them every time they belittle me. When they try and throw numbers at me, I throw Worldmark+Club Wyndham dual resale ownership numbers and them to show them that there are a lot of cases where you can book a Worldmark room over a Club Wyndham room at the same location and save at least 35% having both memberships and just using the points when they are cheaper. For example, if you want to go to Orlando for Christmas, use your Worldmark points and stay a week at Reunion for $1,250 instead of paying $1,875 with CWA.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
One of the consistent themes with Wyndham sales staff when talking to existing owners is that there is a "problem" with what you currently own, and they have a solution for you. Astonishingly, that solution always involves buying more points. <snip>

This is The Law Of The Instrument, also known as Maslow's Hammer. Loosely, if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
As far as Estate planning, I disagree deeded is better. CWA can be transferred to someone very easily, and done right through Wyndham. Deeded needs a change in the deed, which is quite a bit more expensive. They do this to me every time I do an update. Get rid of CWA, and trade it in for a deed. The nice young man at Dolphins Cove actually showed me 2 proposals, and both would have cost me $28,000, with trade in. Would take me about 30 years to make it up the difference in the Maint Fees. Not to mention, I just picked up 2 deeds...Grand desert even year 154,000 points, and Royal seacliffs 126,000 odd year, total price for both, $500.

Sounds like a heckuva deal to me!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Estate planning put down net worth as one dollar. An estate planner will tell don't buy a timeshare!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as estate planning goes any timeshare would be considered a liability IMHO. I would compare it to inheriting a home with a mortgage larger then the the value of the home.