• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Ski in Ski out Timeshare?

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
My family wants to go skiing during week 51 in 2020. Anyone have a few favorite ski in ski out timeshares? Do many of them have ski valet service?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My family wants to go skiing during week 51 in 2020. Anyone have a few favorite ski in ski out timeshares? Do many of them have ski valet service?

It's really hard to trade into a nice ski in ski out timeshare w/ valet service without having preference of some kind (Marriott, Hyatt, Vistana) for week 51...heck it's hard with preference, but it can happen.

If you are interested in skiing in the west, you'll probably have to be less picky and go with something that is nearby and offers a shuttle service to a ski resort (for example, the non-Marriott Streamside resorts in Vail may be possible). I am not familiar with any resorts out east.

What general area are you looking at (Tahoe, Colorado, Utah)?

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
Probably Colorado, Park City or Sun Valley. Figured I would have to rent vs try to trade. Since rentals are pretty steep on wk 51, I was hoping for some feedback to help narrow down a resort with good ski in ski out access.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Powders Edge in Whistler.

Directly in front of both gondolas in Whistler Village. Huge units with en suite hot tob/jacuzzi. Only problem is there are only eight units, and ski weeks were all sold as fixed week, fixed unit. So they're scarce.

The one time we stayed I found a week 52 owner (he was trying to rent the unit) and arranged to swap an ocean front week in Poipu for his Powders Edge week 52.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Wyndham Park City or Worldmark Park City?

RDB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Communicate the exact dates and size of accommodations. I'll check availability with Wyndham resorts.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will not be able to trade into week 51; you will have to rent. There are a number of them but the below are the more well known ones. Actual recommendation can be given if you can specify your requirements: luxury factor desired, how advanced are the skiers, are non-ski activities like shopping important, budget?

True ski-in/out

Breckenridge: Grand Lodge at Peak 7; Grand Colorado at Peak 8
Park City: Marriott Mountainside; Westgate Park City
Snowbird: Cliff Club
Beaver Creek: Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Jackson Hole: Four Seasons

Walk to lifts; considered to be ski-in/out by many
Breckenridge: Grand Timber Lodge; HGVC Valdoro; Hyatt Main Street Station
Park City: Marriott Summit Watch; Miners Club; Wyndham Park City;
Snowbird: Iron Blosam
Beaver Creek: HRC Beaver Creek Mountain Lodge; Westin Riverfront
Heavenly: Marriott Timber Lodge; Marriott Grand Residences

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
For Squaw Valley: Red Wolf Lodge

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In Whistler, there are quite a few properties in the Village that are within easy walking distance of the lifts/gondolas. Any of the Whiski Jack resorts that are in the Village are very close to the lifts. Other resorts include Clock Tower (Vacation Internationale), Mountainside Lodge, and Embarc (nee Club Intrawest). Whiski Jack Westin is right at the foot of one of the gondolas.

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the wonderful info. We are are a family with a range of skiing ability, advanced to beginner, traveling with two teens. Other activities will be important, but I am looking for to have a great family ski vacation before my twins go to college. It could be week 51 or 52 in 2020. Although it looks like renting week 51 may be a little cheaper. Seeing the 2019 weekly rates on Redweek, I figured I needed to get some input from the experts here. I was also hoping to find a location that had a ski valet. It may be a luxury that I am willing to pay for.

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regarding a few other questions. We would need a 2 bedroom for 4 people, some family activities, and true ski in ski out. No preferences where at this point since we will flying from NC.
Thanks again!

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Mountainside in Park City, Utah - they have ski valet, are true ski in/ski out, offer activities through the week, and Park City Mountain has a wide range of runs for all skill levels. The other thing I like about Park City is that it is super easy to get to from the airport - no more than 45 minutes. If you take a shuttle, you don't really need a car once you get there, the free bus system goes all over town. I do not recommend Heavenly Resort (Tahoe) because I found it to be lacking in beginner runs. I felt the same about Breckenridge. My two cents...

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
HGVC Sunrise Lodge is at the base of the Canyons lift at Park City. The lifts connect to the entire Park City Mountain.

HGVC Valdoro Lodge Breckenridge. (not sure if this is true/ski in out or walk)

These will be difficult, if not impossible, to book over the holidays unless you own there.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the wonderful info. We are are a family with a range of skiing ability, advanced to beginner, traveling with two teens. Other activities will be important, but I am looking for to have a great family ski vacation before my twins go to college. It could be week 51 or 52 in 2020. Although it looks like renting week 51 may be a little cheaper. Seeing the 2019 weekly rates on Redweek, I figured I needed to get some input from the experts here. I was also hoping to find a location that had a ski valet. It may be a luxury that I am willing to pay for.
Given your requirements, stay at either Grand Lodge at Peak 7/Grand Colorado at Peak 8 or Marriott Mountainside. You will love all 3.

Great skiing for all ability levels and both towns of Breckenridge and Park City are fantastic.

The one suggestion that I would have is to go for spring break in February or March because the snow conditions will be better then. Prices will also be slightly cheaper than 51/52. You are correct that 51 will be less costly than 52.

Regardless of the week, you can't go wrong with any of the choices I mentioned. There are more upscale options but your family should love the recommendation.

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great suggestions. Thank you!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Park City is lower elevation so wks 51/52 can have less snow than later in the season. A fallback is to drive 1 hour to Alta/Snowbird which will more likely have good snow if Park City not good.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Whistler is almost ideal for what you are describing. Almost all of the lifts that access the top of the mountains include a variety of runs to get back down, including at least one well-groomed run. Occasionally that groomed run might an intermediate. It is very common to see groups of people of varying abilities riding the lifts together, each picking their own route down, and meeting up again at the bottom of the lift. Or families riding together, with the adults alternating as to who stays with the kids and who gets to shred the diamonds.

As Whistler and Blackcomb villages have developed, the condo agreements limit the amount of time an owner can occupy their unit during ski season, and require that the owner put the unit into a rental pool. In many ski villages, condos and residences close to the lifts are bought by wealthy people, who use them only a few weeks per year and then let them sit empty. The Whistler condo documents were written to prevent that. Consequently there is a large rental inventory close to the lift.

Another advantage is that with exchange rates Whistler is generally less expensive than US resorts.

For weeks 51 and 52 at Whistler your best option is to look for a rental. There are lots of sites that do rentals. In the past my favorite site was alluradirect.com. Rental also let's you find a place that might be more suited to your needs.

As you noted Christmas week will generally be a bit less expensive than New Year's

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just for curiosity, I checked some of the rental options for week 51 at Whistler. Not a lot of availability and what was available was extremely pricey, and almost nothing was available for a full week rental.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
IMO...Love Whistler but it is really difficult to get to - even from west coast (connections, airport to slope transfers). Same with Colorado. Need at least 5 days to allow for travel days. Salt Lake City is the easiest for a long weekend because all the resorts are within 45 min from the SLC Airport - amazing powder too. Can ski the last day and still catch a flight back to California that evening.

Cyndi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
I love Sun Peaks, BC for Ski-in Ski-out. Ski right up to the restaurants and hotels front door. I like Whistler too but Sun Peaks is adorable and friendly. It is near Kamloops, BC and there are shuttles from the Kamloops airport to the ski resort.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Sheraton Steamboat Springs.
Walk out the door and the lifts and gondola are right there.

The Steamboat Grand is across the road from the Base Area (and the Sheraton). They have a slope side ski storage area for boots, boards and skis with a valet service as well. They are in the RCI System.

cheers

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions!