• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Portland Highly recommended

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in Battleground Washington this weekend. What a beautiful area. I also was able to eat dinner in Portland and what a great town to visit. If anyone staying or planning a trip at Wyndham Portland I can say you will not be disappointed with the sights of the many national forests only a short drive from this resort and are a must see . Mount St Helen's, Columbia River Gorge National Scenic area, the Multnomah Falls (I recommend hiking to the top of the falls) and Beacon rock ( I did not hike to the top). What a beautiful scenic area to spend a weekend. Only regret is not spending a week.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in Battleground Washington this weekend. What a beautiful area. I also was able to eat dinner in Portland and what a great town to visit. If anyone staying or planning a trip at Wyndham Portland I can say you will not be disappointed with the sights of the many national forests only a short drive from this resort and are a must see . Mount St Helen's, Columbia River Gorge National Scenic area, the Multnomah Falls (I recommend hiking to the top of the falls) and Beacon rock ( I did not hike to the top). What a beautiful scenic area to spend a weekend. Only regret is not spending a week.

Portland is one of the worst-kept secrets on the west coast. It's a great area. :)

Dave

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We are staying in Portland for two nights on the way to Hawaii next month. If I can get us flights a few days earlier without paying a whole lot more I'm sure we would like to have more time there.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
I love Portland too but every time I look for a room at the Wyndham all I see are studios. Won't work for an early riser and a sleep-in wife. :) Any hint on finding 1BR units? Probably save them for WM owners.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I love Portland too but every time I look for a room at the Wyndham all I see are studios. Won't work for an early riser and a sleep-in wife. :) Any hint on finding 1BR units? Probably save them for WM owners.

We got our stay upgraded from the studio to a one bedroom presidential.

When we come back from Hawaii we are staying for two nights at Harbor Lights and have a studio deluxe there. From what someone told me there is only 1 one bedroom unit at HL. HL studio deluxe has a king bed, a sleeper sofa and a chair which is much better for us than the Portland studio deluxe which says it has a queen Murphy bed and a chair. However when I'm on the website looking at the picture of the studio, not the layout diagram, it sure looks like a king bed.

I have a really bad back and it often takes me awhile to be able to get to sleep so I tend to sleep later than my early riser husband. I find a sleep mask and ear plugs work just fine. I've been buying Bucky sleep masks for years since I'm one of those people who need a complete dark to sleep well. I'm not a coffee drinker so the smell of his morning coffee brewing doesn't signal my brain that it's time to get up. I'm reminded of the old joke: Did you wake up grouchy? No, I let her sleep.

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
We got our stay upgraded from the studio to a one bedroom presidential....

How were you able to UG your room? Because of your Wyndham status? Probably never happen for Mr. No Status. :(

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got our stay upgraded from the studio to a one bedroom presidential.

When we come back from Hawaii we are staying for two nights at Harbor Lights and have a studio deluxe there. From what someone told me there is only 1 one bedroom unit at HL. HL studio deluxe has a king bed, a sleeper sofa and a chair which is much better for us than the Portland studio deluxe which says it has a queen Murphy bed and a chair. However when I'm on the website looking at the picture of the studio, not the layout diagram, it sure looks like a king bed.

I have a really bad back and it often takes me awhile to be able to get to sleep so I tend to sleep later than my early riser husband. I find a sleep mask and ear plugs work just fine. I've been buying Bucky sleep masks for years since I'm one of those people who need a complete dark to sleep well. I'm not a coffee drinker so the smell of his morning coffee brewing doesn't signal my brain that it's time to get up. I'm reminded of the old joke: Did you wake up grouchy? No, I let her sleep.
I would also recommend that you bring a sound machine for your stay at Harbour Lights. Even with ear plugs it will be difficult to cover up the crowd/street noise and partying until 2-3 AM at the indoor/outdoor bar at the nearby cross-street. We stayed on the top floor and the noise was still an issue for us, even with ear plugs. If you don't have a sound machine, you can access sounds on your mobile phone (white noise, ocean waves, etc.) by downloading an app. Harbour Lights is nice and the location is very good, but don't let the noise spoil your experience.

randyz

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have stayed at Wyndham Portland twice since opening. The fourth floor is Wyndham, most of the resort is WM. My understanding is that the top floor has Wyndham Presidentials.

Good resort, excellent location, lots of great eats in easy walking distance. I drive in and parking is very expensive ($35 per day). Depending on your itinerary you can save a lot parking on the street. Nights are free. And Sunday street parking charges start at 11:00am instead of 8:00.