• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Rci OFF OGS Match-confirm-boo!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
New policy as of 9/5. Auto confirm for all matches. And your search is cancelled even if you cancel that match! My Rci rep contacted supervisor and backdated my search. But beware! And you only get 24 hours to decline!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Holy moly. That is so unfair and crazy. I am going to check my matches and make sure nothing has matched automatically that I do not want. That is upsetting.

lisa3635

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a match on 9/28 that didn’t automatically confirm. I had to go online and cancel.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I automatched today and have until the 18th of Oct. to confirm. I think there are only a few select very popular resorts that auto confirm and then if confirmed you only have until close of business the next day. I believe it tells you that before you start the search. To the OP what resort and for what check in day and when did you match?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eww, if this is correct, sounds like the hideous (IMO) way that II does things (auto-confirms a match and you have only 24 hours to cancel).

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I've had a number of matches in the last two weeks or so and none of them auto-confirmed, and I was able to release the match and continue my search. This was through the Wyndham portal.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I wouldn't trust anything an RCI phone rep says. They often don't seem to be very well versed in their own system.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I matched on 10/11 and email said until 10/14. Then on 10/12 I got email that because match met my parameters that it was auto confirmed. Rci rep said new policy as of 9/5. So I wonder if anyone let a match wit more than 24 hours? Or if I was just unlucky.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I matched on 10/11 and email said until 10/14. Then on 10/12 I got email that because match met my parameters that it was auto confirmed. Rci rep said new policy as of 9/5. So I wonder if anyone let a match wit more than 24 hours? Or if I was just unlucky.
I got one too. Ironically, I did want the week after all. It was a ski week and only 18 points. So I will take it.

RCI Points still don't automatically confirm. Thank heavens.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mine was Rci points.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
So I wonder if anyone let a match wit more than 24 hours? Or if I was just unlucky.

I let them go until the last day of the 3-day hold without it auto-confirming. And I typically don’t have Wyndham points sitting in my RCI account but right now I do, so a lack of deposit wouldn’t be preventing it from doing it automatically.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Elaine, what specifically was the match -which resort and when was the date the exchange vacation was to start?

I have a match right now for National Harbor in May with RCI points. I received 2 emails yesterday telling me the match was made. I received one email today warning me that if I didn't confirm I would lose it (even though the original email says it will be held until 10/18). The one today doesn't mention when the hold will expire.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's probably about searches entered since that date in September. There is probably a clause that says, "If we find an exact match, we will confirm automatically." I didn't see that with my recent ongoing search, but I would bet it's there.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Search was from several years ago. Fantastic match to galleon in key west for feb 1, 2020. But already have other plans in February. I pretty much always have an ogs going. Was more distressed about losing my well aged search. They backdated for 1 year.