• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Supposed to leave at 3:30 am, wish me luck

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had a little cold and no appetite for a couple of weeks,and we are leaving for a six o’clock flight for seven months in Florida
I went through all the medication and paperwork on Friday, but woke up feeling terrible on Saturday. Then I felt worse on Sunday and today had to ask my daughter to drive me to ER.
So my potassium was very low, I had a sinus infection and a urinary track infection.
Doctor said I could go if I felt okay. All arrangements have been made, including shutting off services to this house and car insurance
I walked in to a mess in kitchen with sink all backed up. Turns out my husband had stuffed the garbage disposal stopper down the drain and used the sink, but I didn’t know that til after the emergency guy went to work
So I am trying to get a half hour break, and then will pack. I already have wheelchair service for my husband and can ask for myself so hopefully will be semi okay for the flight

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have had a little cold and no appetite for a couple of weeks,and we are leaving for a six o’clock flight for seven months in Florida
I went through all the medication and paperwork on Friday, but woke up feeling terrible on Saturday. Then I felt worse on Sunday and today had to ask my daughter to drive me to ER.
So my potassium was very low, I had a sinus infection and a urinary track infection.
Doctor said I could go if I felt okay. All arrangements have been made, including shutting off services to this house and car insurance
I walked in to a mess in kitchen with sink all backed up. Turns out my husband had stuffed the garbage disposal stopped down the drain and used the sink, but I didn’t know that til after the emergency guy went to work
So I am trying to get a half hour break, and then will pack. I already have wheelchair service for my husband and can ask for myself so hopefully will be semi okay for the flight

Yikes! When it rains it pours! Best of luck. Sleep on the plane if you can and once you get down there you should just rest up. Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy your time in Florida!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Tug needs a Hug button. :)

Good luck, and feel better!

Dave

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a difficult way to leave town for an extended time. Do you have a doctor in Florida? Press On, assuming you do feel well enough to travel. Or, slow down and don't be afraid to postpone if you need to. Best wishes, and keep us posted.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you asked: Good Luck! Safe travels. Be well.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Wishing you a very nice vacation without all that other stuff. Happening.
Please try to enjoy your time away from hom

Good luck, wishing you guys safe travel and keep your other half out of trouble.LOL.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you are feeling better. Safe travels and enjoy. Not sure if you spend 7 months in Florida every year. If you do, I think you might have a doctor there. Hopefully you won't need one!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Maybe someone at home could mail the glasses down to you?

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you are on your way and feel good enough to make it to Florida and can get some medical help.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone at home could mail the glasses down to you?
My reading was that the OP remembered the glassed before departure. In any case, SOMEONE (friend/neighbor/family) should have access to the travelers' home to periodically walk through, look it over, possible send some forgotten item on, forward unexpected mail/parcels. It's always something.

Once, when our return home was delayed, and our 'Hold Mail' had expired, we thankfully had friends to come into the house, bring in the mail, water plants, and tell us the results to ease our minds while we couldn't be home. I'd left a key outside and our 'good Samaritans' got stung by wasps that had built a nest near the key! Guard wasps!

Jim

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a travel pack list and use it every time we travel. Actually we have 2 pack lists, one for driving to locations and the other is for flying to locations. It has 2 columns, one for my husband and one for me. We check off each item for ourselves when the item goes into the luggage. I go through the completed checklist for both of us when we are both done. Yes, I am OCD. I still don't know how I did it years ago when I travelled frequently for work and only packed 30 minutes before I left home and did not use a checklist. I guess when one travels frequently it just becomes second nature.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I made the biggest of errors, my keyring did not make the trip. Apparently fell out of the bag where they had been residing all summer.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have a travel pack list and use it every time we travel. Actually we have 2 pack lists, one for driving to locations and the other is for flying to locations. It has 2 columns, one for my husband and one for me. We check off each item for ourselves when the item goes into the luggage. I go through the completed checklist for both of us when we are both done. Yes, I am OCD. I still don't know how I did it years ago when I travelled frequently for work and only packed 30 minutes before I left home and did not use a checklist. I guess when one travels frequently it just becomes second nature.

LOL! I have a similar list on my computer that I print out when we go on a trip, like our timeshare vacations or any trip. I don't leave our house easily- well- when we had a house...;)

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Good luck !!! It seems like you planned well so that is a plus.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Car won’t even think about starting

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Missing keys: Some peep would leave a key hidden someplace. Not us...
Our house had a secret way to break in -- the window over the kitchen sink.
It could be easily jimmied. But only someone thin enuff could get thru.

It came in handy when I left tickets to an NFL game behind and got a friend
to crawl in and Fed-Ex the tickets to us.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Well I made the biggest of errors, my keyring did not make the trip. Apparently fell out of the bag where they had been residing all summer.

Oh my, I’m so sorry. Will you be able to get into your place in FL?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Oh my, I’m so sorry. Will you be able to get into your place in FL?