• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Hilton Honors Status Comes from just being a HGVC member?

Bmoe

Reaction score
If you are a non-elite HGVC member, what hilton honors status do you get enrolled in? I thought I saw somewhere that you automatically get silver but for some reason I think hilton is starting to give out diamond status based off an email I recently received (I currently have 1600 EOY).

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Added screenshot
e6ffa7e48bd8b5995270656b1471ace9.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
If you are a non-elite HGVC member, what hilton honors status do you get enrolled in? I thought I saw somewhere that you automatically get silver but for some reason I think hilton is starting to give out diamond status based off an email I recently received (I currently have 1600 EOY).

Silver. But don't worry, my diamond status only gets me 2 bottles of water at hilton hotels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bmoe

Reaction score
Silver. But don't worry, my diamond status only gets me 2 bottles of water at hilton hotels.

Added screenshot of email to OP. So am I receiving this email in error?

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
Added screenshot of email to OP. So am I receiving this email in error?

This is the error I am getting
c018844e7ed7fb09d4174c95983faffd.jpg

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
bHC gets gold but we get Diamond with credit card.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
log into your account to see. If they just did it, it might take some time. Hate to be snobbish, but it does devalue the diamond level if everyone gets it. The "Elite" and "Elite Plus" were gold, with only "Elite Premier" getting Diamond - 34,000 retail points bought. Not that I am elite in any way. I got diamond from staying in many many hilton hotels every year

Bmoe

Reaction score
log into your account to see. If they just did it, it might take some time. Hate to be snobbish, but it does devalue the diamond level if everyone gets it. The "Elite" and "Elite Plus" were gold, with only "Elite Premier" getting Diamond - 34,000 retail points bought. Not that I am elite in any way. I got diamond from staying in many many hilton hotels every year
That's how I found out actually. Was trying to book a hilton brand hotel direct and noticed that it said diamond. I didnt get the email till a few hours later.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

For us we get multi-room suite upgrades, lounge access, breakfast and late check-outs. These are particularly valuable at international properties. Our Diamond has more than paid for itself. And, considering that Hilton/Amex pay us about $700-$800/year to get "double" Diamond via credit card, seems a no-brainer to me :) But each of our uses of the program is different.

Cheers.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
we get multi-room suite upgrades, lounge access, breakfast and late check-outs
If you do travel in hotels on a regular basis this can be a significant perk above the 2 free bottles of water. I’ve been Diamond for more than 10 years strictly by staying in Hilton properties when possible for business travel. The upgraded rooms have been very beneficial after long flights and not having to pay $20+ for a made to order breakfast means an even better start to the day.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you do travel in hotels on a regular basis this can be a significant perk above the 2 free bottles of water.

And, because bottled water is wasteful, we don't use that perk anyway. But the rest is great, and making money on the deal makes it even better.

Cheers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I’m still curious how the OP got diamond for 1600 HGVC point ownership.

I have had diamond status off and on. My most successful use was getting a reservation last minute within walking distance of a Paul McCartney concert (guaranteed booking for diamond). I felt kind of bad knowing I might have bumped someone.

Bmoe

Reaction score
I’m still curious how the OP got diamond for 1600 HGVC point ownership.

I have had diamond status off and on. My most successful use was getting a reservation last minute within walking distance of a Paul McCartney concert (guaranteed booking for diamond). I felt kind of bad knowing I might have bumped someone.
I wish I knew. I've only been a hgvc for 1.5 months and I saw the email last night

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

I saw a post in one of HGVC FB pages that this email is fake.

Bmoe

Reaction score
I saw a post in one of HGVC FB pages that this email is fake.
Which FB page was that? I mean they had my name and hilton honors number in the email. I didnt know the Hilton honors number was public info.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
@Bmoe when you go to book via the Hhonors website, if it shows you as Diamond, just use it and enjoy it. Diamond benefits are good for hotel stays. I don't know of any for timeshares other than there are a couple timeshares that have an Elite lounge.

The email you got may or may not be fake. Who sent the email? Bottom line, if you are booking a stay via hhonors website and it says you are Diamond, you are Diamond.

Bmoe

Reaction score
@Bmoe when you go to book via the Hhonors website, if it shows you as Diamond, just use it and enjoy it. Diamond benefits are good for hotel stays. I don't know of any for timeshares other than there are a couple timeshares that have an Elite lounge.

The email you got may or may not be fake. Who sent the email? Bottom line, if you are booking a stay via hhonors website and it says you are Diamond, you are Diamond.
The email address it came from was honors@h1.hilton.com

And they've emailed me before for other notifications in the past. The Hilton Honors website does say diamond

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The email address it came from was honors@h1.hilton.com

And they've emailed me before for other notifications in the past. The Hilton Honors website does say diamond

And you don’t have a HHonors credit card? You haven’t achieved Diamond through stays?

I don’t have any other answers for you. Sounds like a windfall because absence of the right credit card or number of Hilton stays there shouldn’t be a reason why you have Diamond.

Bmoe

Reaction score
And you don’t have a HHonors credit card? You haven’t achieved Diamond through stays?

I don’t have any other answers for you. Sounds like a windfall because absence of the right credit card or number of Hilton stays there shouldn’t be a reason why you have Diamond.
I have standard amex hhonors card and I definitely did not get the required stays.