• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham is offering a FREE week to take tour, what is this??

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Just checked in at Wyndham Patriots Place in Williamsburg and when trying to get parking pass was told, after saying NO a couple time, that we would get a FREE week to use anywhere in the wyndham system..

they are offering tickets to Colonial Williamsburg (tickets up front, good for three days) , then door #2 free week,that had to be used in the next year, and finally adding a $60 restaurant gift card.

I have not heard of this free week offer before.

what is it and is it worth the effort..

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just checked in at Wyndham Patriots Place in Williamsburg and when trying to get parking pass was told, after saying NO a couple time, that we would get a FREE week to use anywhere in the wyndham system..

they are offering tickets to Colonial Williamsburg (tickets up front, good for three days) , then door #2 free week,that had to be used in the next year, and finally adding a $60 restaurant gift card.

I have not heard of this free week offer before.

what is it and is it worth the effort..
I would want to make sure it is actually a Wyndham week and find out where the inventory comes from. It could just be an RCI cert (with low trading power) that you can use for anywhere in the wyndham system based on availability (that gets deposited into rci is within 60 days of check in and has a tpu equivelent of 10 or less.

Now if they were just to give you 400,000 restricted points that could be used within general wyndham inventory at 10 months and anything left over would go poof that would truly be a free Wyndham week anywhere.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I will try to get back and find out for sure now that I have some background info to ask questions about. My guess it a RCI cert which we all KNOW if mostly JUNK.

Reaction score
Two years ago, my wife and I stayed at Wyndham Ocean Walk, and they said the same thing. We could take $$$, a free week at any Wyndham within a year, or (I forget #3). We said OK, but they said the only time they had available was Monday (we were leaving Sunday). So he said OK, we'll set it for Sunday. A call Saturday night said our sales meeting was moved to Monday. We did not go, obviously. Since they took a deposit (kinda forces you to go), we had to go to the gifting office on Sunday before leaving to get the deposit back (it took the usual 4 days).

I think they didn't want us because we put down on the form for the presentation that we only make $36000/yr.

TS

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A free week must be an off season week liked January or February in Williamsburg.
Also, have long is the presentation 4 to 6 hours of your vacation time.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
we did not do the tour, sales deal.. that was during the parking pass deal I was asking some questions about the deal. They keep adding stuff on to make it sound good to take the tour so I was just wondering what this free week was.

A free week must be an off season week liked January or February in Williamsburg.
Also, have long is the presentation 4 to 6 hours of your vacation time.

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had some time to kill between beachfront stays on Virginia beach last year, and spent a night at Governor's Green. Since I couldn't check into my second VB unit until 4 I agreed to do breakfast and the meeting, and the "free week" was part of the incentive. It was a total piece of garbage. I kept checking the available units for the whole year the certificate was valid and I never saw a single Wyndham unit in availability, anywhere. All low-level low-rated TSs, and I never used the certificate.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
just about what i figured.. free, from wyndham = pile of shit. thanks for the update.

I had some time to kill between beachfront stays on Virginia beach last year, and spent a night at Governor's Green. Since I couldn't check into my second VB unit until 4 I agreed to do breakfast and the meeting, and the "free week" was part of the incentive. It was a total piece of garbage. I kept checking the available units for the whole year the certificate was valid and I never saw a single Wyndham unit in availability, anywhere. All low-level low-rated TSs, and I never used the certificate.