• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

autoslash deal tonight

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
In my email was an offer from autoslash for our next trip to Maui. The previous rate was about $450ish. Today I was offered the same car for $280 for two weeks if I pre-pay. I did. I can still cancel up to two days prior to the reservation.

Anyway, heads up.

Bill

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had something similar on our last vacation. I was a little worried about paying first but a few weeks later a better deal showed up and I had no problem cancelling the one I paid for and got the credit and booked the new better rate. Had the rental car for 20 days and the final rate saved me over $400 over the original. Mine was renting at one airport and returning at another.
One great thing I found out is if I have any questions I go to Autoslash on Facebook and usually get a response within a half hour. Enjoy your trip.
Bart

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
In my email was an offer from autoslash for our next trip to Maui. The previous rate was about $450ish. Today I was offered the same car for $280 for two weeks if I pre-pay. I did. I can still cancel up to two days prior to the reservation.

Anyway, heads up.

Bill
Is that $280 for two weeks including the fees? It seems that the fees alone in Hawaii for two weeks in $280!

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Is that $280 for two weeks including the fees? It seems that the fees alone in Hawaii for two weeks in $280!
I just checked and the fees for for my 15 day reservation on the island of Hawaii in December is $200!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This reservation includes everything but extra insurance. All fees and taxes are included. Here is a copy of the price and it says including taxes and fees. This is for two weeks on Maui.

Bill

Total: $282.85
(including taxes and fees)

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This reservation includes everything but extra insurance. All fees and taxes are included. Here is a copy of the price and it says including taxes and fees. This is for two weeks on Maui.

Bill

Total: $282.85
(including taxes and fees)

I just put in my search for auto slash. Based on my taxes and fees for 15 days on Hawaii Island, your cost for the 14 day rental is about $7 or $8 per day. That is extremely low. What size car are you renting. We always get at least a full size car since we can't fit all the luggage that we bring in anything less.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just put in my search for auto slash. Based on my taxes and fees for 15 days on Hawaii Island, your cost for the 14 day rental is about $7 or $8 per day. That is extremely low. What size car are you renting. We always get at least a full size car since we can't fit all the luggage that we bring in anything less.

Its an intermediate from Thrifty. Thrifty says its a Mazda 3, seats 5. We are only two but will have three passengers while tooling around Maui. Oddly, it is the same exact car from Thrifty from my first autoslash reservation I made months ago.

Bill

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Its an intermediate from Thrifty. Thrifty says its a Mazda 3, seats 5. We are only two but will have three passengers while tooling around Maui. Oddly, it is the same exact car from Thrifty from my first autoslash reservation I made months ago.

Bill
Our dd has a Mazda3. It's a very small intermediate.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our dd has a Mazda3. It's a very small intermediate.
Thanks Luanne,

I am sure that it wouldn't suffice for our needs. We pack very heavy, and while our trip in December to the Island of Hawaii is only for 15 days, we will be going on to Honolulu and Kauai before returning home in May.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Thanks Luanne,

I am sure that it wouldn't suffice for our needs. We pack very heavy, and while our trip in December to the Island of Hawaii is only for 15 days, we will be going on to Honolulu and Kauai before returning home in May.
My dd has the hatchback and the "trunk" does hold quite a bit. But for more than two people I wouldn't want to ride in the back seat for a long distance. We took her car from California to Washington when she went to college and managed to get quite a bit in the back. But, just was surprised that this car was considered an Intermediate.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My dd has the hatchback and the "trunk" does hold quite a bit. But for more than two people I wouldn't want to ride in the back seat for a long distance. We took her car from California to Washington when she went to college and managed to get quite a bit in the back. But, just was surprised that this car was considered an Intermediate.

Since we barely fit into a full size car using the entire back seat as well as the truck for luggage I don't think it would work for us.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Since we barely fit into a full size car using the entire back seat as well as the truck for luggage I don't think it would work for us.
It's really a great little car (dd is on her second one), but the important word is "Little".

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's really a great little car (dd is on her second one), but the important word is "Little".

Thanks Luanne for emphasizing the word "little". Your story about moving your daughter might have thrown me off about how little it was. I always criticize my husband when he rents just a full size car and not an SUV or Mini Van as he struggles getting the 4 full size suitcases, 2 carry-ons, and 2 backpacks into it at the airport. Anything smaller and I would be sitting on one of the carry-ons while we drive away.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Thanks Luanne for emphasizing the word "little". Your story about moving your daughter might have thrown me off about how little it was. I always criticize my husband when he rents just a full size car and not an SUV or Mini Van as he struggles getting the 4 full size suitcases, 2 carry-ons, and 2 backpacks into it at the airport. Anything smaller and I would be sitting on one of the carry-ons while we drive away.
Even for just dh and I we now rent an SUV. That is what we both drive at home and it's just more comfortable for us.

And I should have emphasized with my dd's move to college, since it was just she and I the entire back seat and cargo space was FULL.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even for just dh and I we now rent an SUV. That is what we both drive at home and it's just more comfortable for us.

And I should have emphasized with my dd's move to college, since it was just she and I the entire back seat and cargo space was FULL.

My husband rents SUV's sometimes but other times they are very expensive so he rents a full size car. Our best vacations are when we don't rent a car at all. Honolulu from December- May.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
My husband rents SUV's sometimes but other times they are very expensive so he rents a full size car. Our best vacations are when we don't rent a car at all. Honolulu from December- May.
We've found in some cases an SUV is the same, or even cheaper, than a fullsize.

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score

Anyway, heads up.

Bill
Does an Autoslash rental get you a free (spouse) driver too for island rentals? Or, how do you get that? thanks

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does an Autoslash rental get you a free (spouse) driver too for island rentals? Or, how do you get that? thanks

I doubt that there are any extras included in this reservation but in the Thrifty terms and conditions it does say that additional drivers must qualify with a valid drivers license and charges may apply. My autoslash reservation is with Thrifty and I think it actually is autoslash finding a Priceline pay now quote.

Bill

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
If you are a Costco member, you will get the extra driver free using AutoSlash. You are asked up front which loyalty programs, and/or clubs you belong to.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
If you are a Costco member, you will get the extra driver free using AutoSlash. You are asked up front which loyalty programs, and/or clubs you belong to.

My current status with National provides for up to nine additional drivers at no additional cost. Does AutoSlash work with National and if so would that benefit still be honored?

I regularly have three additional drivers on our National contracts in Hawaii.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
My current status with National provides for up to nine additional drivers at no additional cost. Does AutoSlash work with National and if so would that benefit still be honored?

I regularly have three additional drivers on our National contracts in Hawaii.
What I would suggest is reaching out to AutoSlash directly. You can contact them through their website.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tonight I received an email from Thrifty about my rental car for Maui. Obviously, Thrifty knows I have a reservation. When I link to Thrifty and try to find the reservation using the autoslash and reservation number on tonight's Thrifty email it shows the reservation number as not found. I did call but the after waiting 10 minutes for a Thrifty rep I decided to call again tomorrow.

Bill

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Tonight I received an email from Thrifty about my rental car for Maui. Obviously, Thrifty knows I have a reservation. When I link to Thrifty and try to find the reservation using the autoslash and reservation number on tonight's Thrifty email it shows the reservation number as not found. I did call but the after waiting 10 minutes for a Thrifty rep I decided to call again tomorrow.

Bill
I had this happen with a reservation I made through AutoSlash with Alamo. When I went to my account on Alamo and searched for the reservation I couldn't find it, even when searching by reservation number. However, when I logged out of the account and did a search using the reservation number it was there.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had this happen with a reservation I made through AutoSlash with Alamo. When I went to my account on Alamo and searched for the reservation I couldn't find it, even when searching by reservation number. However, when I logged out of the account and did a search using the reservation number it was there.

Logged in to Thrifty or not logged in to Thrifty both show that the confirmation number is not on record. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thrifty rep couldn't find the reservation but said that Thrifty knows about the reservation or I wouldn't have received an email from Thrifty. I plan on printing the email from Thrifty as well as the Autoslash email that both confirm this reservation. We will see how it goes.

Bill