• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

basic exchange education needed

AnnaO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
I have owned skiing timeshares for years, but we always used them ourselves. Next year one of our weeks will go unused and I am thinking of joining an exchange program to trade it in. Our resort (Powder Ridge, UT) trades with both II and RCI. Which one will be better to join? It appears that II has several levels of membership, is there an advantage of higher levels? I cannot see the cost of joining without creating a profile, so I am completely in the dark here. Any advice/wisdom shared will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
that link goes to a tapatalk page so is unusable if not using that app. At least for me anyway.

Oops! Sorry about that, for the original poster, simply read the stickies at the top of this forum. If you have specific questions post away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
I belong to both II & RCI check the sticky at the top of this group for basic info and comeback with any specific questions you have. The different levels have a little value if you exchange regularly but can be added later with both main exchange companies so you can defer that choice.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Our DiL recently researched both II & RCI to see about membership. She ended up with RCI because of the TPUs associated with her 2 bedroom Irish timeshare, which could theoretically get her 2 weeks in exchange for the one week deposited vs. II which would only exchange like for like.

I've gotten as many as 3 weeks trade out of our PeeknPeak resort via our RCI weeks membership!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What geographic location(s) are you interested in exchanging into?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI is weak on Maui but because of Marriott and Vistana priority and trading power I am not sure if you would be able to get anything larger than one of the top tier studios and even then it depends how flexible you are.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Consider exchanging on TUG only pay your own fees and person who you trade with pays theirs.
Check it out

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Go with Interval if you want Maui, plus the exchange fees are lower than RCI.

Don’t sign up for top level Platinum yet, they offer specials you can get it added on for half price, it pays if you add cash Getaways.

If you know you won’t use your week or rent it yourself, then deposit and learn how to set up an ongoing search (OGS) for the timeframe you want. There is information in the stickies on using resort codes to get exactly what resort you want, use a resort code list in the OGS.

Good Luch, Happy Trading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro