• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on AutoSlash - SOLVED!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Hello all,

I know there has been a good bit written about TUG'gers experiences with AutoSlash from the perspectives of cost savings and ease (or difficulty) in actually depending on the rental generated via AutoSlash but I am having some difficulty in a different area.

One more than one occasion, I have completed the screens on AutoSlash and filled in all required information. I have checked (and double checked) the spelling of my email address BUT I have NEVER heard (received) ANYTHING from AutoSlash.

Nothing.
Not even any follow up advertising from them - which I would expect from any web based entity / service like this.

Has anyone else had this same issue? FWIW: I am entering a Google based email on AutoSlash. I've tried it three times in the past (on 3 separate occasions) using the same Google based email address with the same results - no communication from AutoSlash.

This time, I am trying it using a different Google based email address.

Both addresses are active (they send / receive a good amount of email) and I regularly check the SPAM and JUNK folders - nothing there either.

Anyone else have this experience and if so, how did you solve it (if indeed you solved it)?

Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My autoslash offers usually take about 30-60 minutes and always go to my junk folder. Perhaps Google is just blocking it completely.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I always have gotten an email from them. The only thing you can do is send them an email through their website and ask about it and see if you get their response in your email.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
How odd. Like others I always get an email back from them. I use hotmail, but that shouldn't be any different than using gmail. I agree you should contact AutoSlash.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
On the AutoSlash Website is a section "Contact Us"
That's the best place for you to start.

Good Luck & keep us updated.

Richard

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thanks to all for the ideas.

As sort of a last gasp effort, I tried to get a quote from AutoSlash on yet another (albeit it Google controlled as well) email account.

But.....this one worked.

Strange indeed.

After thinking about this some more, the two Google controlled email accounts that did NOT receive replies from AutoSlash were from organizations that had turned to Google in order to take advantage of their free services. I know this is a longshot, but I'm wondering if somehow AutoSlash has ended up on some blacklist somewhere (or at least a blacklist with these organizations) and/or the I.T. departments may have their filtering a bit too tight.

Whatever the explanation, it is worth noting the last account I tried was a pure Google account (meaning it was created on Google and NOT part of an ongoing concern).

So I guess I'll 'close' this thread (so to speak) and document the problem as solved but if someone else happens along this thread and finds themselves in a similar problem, you might try using a non Google account first, BUT if all you have are Google based accounts, you might want to make sure you are using one you created yourself on Google and not part of a company or organization who turned to Google as an outsourcing solution for their email needs.

AutoSlash

Reaction score
Hi, AutoSlash representative here. This is something that concerns us greatly since if some folks here are not receiving our emails, then there are likely many other folks experiencing the same thing.

@bbodb1 Would you mind emailing us ay support@autoslash.com to let us know what email accounts you were having an issue with? We'd appreciate it greatly as we'd like to get to the bottom of the issue. Note that internally we use Google email services (organizational account) and it seems to work fine for us, so we're surprised to hear of your issue. Thanks.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@AutoSlash - Will do and thanks for checking in.
Sending you an email a few moments from the time I post this.

Edit: In fact, I sent you TWO emails to the email address you provided above.
One from the email address that would not receive communication, and one from the address that did receive communication.

Thanks!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Autoslash has ALWAYS responded to me in record time (compared to other travel companies).

There are obviously some companies that do not like 'wholesaling' discounters.....
I have never had a problem with AS and always beat the price significantly.

I don't always use them...some rentals just don't drop much. Hawaii? Much. Very very much.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Epilogue: Just to wrap the bow on this one, I have been in conversation with AutoSlash support. Just as many of you have experienced, once I established communication with AutoSlash, the response time has been exceedingly quick. Top marks to AutoSlash on support and response!

What I BELIEVE caused my problem was something outside my control - namely the organization where I work may have blocked AutoSlash (likely NOT on purpose, but I really do not have anyway to research that..) My organization turned to Google a few years ago to host / support / take advantage of the free Google services. Since then, I have continued to be able to send / receive emails to/from organizations and businesses like AutoSlash with no issues - but not AutoSlash.

The workaround (which I really should have thought of earlier) was to use an email address that is NOT connected to an organization. Because of the possibility of filtering and blocking at any number of points along the line of communication, it becomes almost impossible to see where the source of the issue is (and there may be many issue sources....)

In the end, I used a Google based account to communicate with AutoSlash - a Google account I set up on my own through Google (not a part of an organization's email). That has worked like a charm.

And, in fact, I've already been notified of a lower rate for my rental!

Top marks to AutoSlash again and thanks to all of you who offered ideas toward solving this issue!