• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Celebration Dinner In Waikiki

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We finally had our two audits this week that I am responsible for. These were our first audits to get certified. One on Maui and the other on Oahu.

I’m used to only having one of these a year. I will have one on each island here.

We did really good for a first audit and we got certified. My market director and the President here on Hawaii were very happy.

So after 4 long days on two islands, I left early today and we went out for a celebration dinner.

We went to Chucks Cellar. It’s downstairs by the Ohana Waikiki where I stayed here when I was looking for our apartment.

My wife had the grilled Opah and I had the Ribeye. Both were awesome, plus they had a really nice salad bar.

6F5DB978-7F98-4430-8A3C-D3DEA8FFF954.jpeg

Fall is in the air too, it was 84 tonight. :)

D996ECF9-F86E-4654-9908-AA89C49B4561.jpeg
6BA99FB3-C938-4E45-93B6-FC9E31A277EA.jpeg

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We finally had our two audits this week that I am responsible for. These were our first audits to get certified. One on Maui and the other on Oahu.

I’m used to only having one of these a year. I will have one on each island here.

We did really good for a first audit and we got certified. My market director and the President here on Hawaii were very happy.

So after 4 long days on two islands, I left early today and we went out for a celebration dinner.

We went to Chucks Cellar. It’s downstairs by the Ohana Waikiki where I stayed here when I was looking for our apartment.

My wife had the grilled Opah and I had the Ribeye. Both were awesome, plus they had a really nice salad bar.

View attachment 14587

View attachment 14588 View attachment 14589

Nice looking steak, made medium rare just like a like it. I am so glad you are settling in on your job as well as in Waikiki. How is your wife doing with the walking. Has she investigated some better walking shoes or having an operation so she can walk longer without pain?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What do you do? What does the Audit entail? What does it mean to be certified? Have the audits never been certified in the past?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
When I first read the post I read it as "We finally had our two adults this week that I am responsible for." Didn't make much sense until I went back and read it again. :D Congratulations on the good results.

I remember going to what I think was a Chuck's that was underground way back in 1970. Couldn't be the same place, could it?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 14587

View attachment 14588 View attachment 14589
Yum. Cooked perfectly for my taste.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Last time in Oahu we ate at two great places. MW was one and the Sicilian place on Lewers was the other.

We are also big fans of Alan Wong’s.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I obviously missed my invitation. Maybe next time. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Nice looking steak, made medium rare just like a like it. I am so glad you are settling in on your job as well as in Waikiki. How is your wife doing with the walking. Has she investigated some better walking shoes or having an operation so she can walk longer without pain?

Don’t know if I mentioned this before in my other threads but with my transfer, we have been having problems changing my health insurance. A part of it has been corrected but I know another part is incorrect so we are putting off making appointments.

She ended out getting a sit and go walker that has large wheels and brakes. It has taken the pain away from her hip and she can go much further and faster. She has only had it a couple of weeks and I have been gone most of that time. I had to go to Maui twice in two weeks. Today there is another festival on Kalākaua so we’ll see how that goes today.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Don’t know if I mentioned this before in my other threads but with my transfer, we have been having problems changing my health insurance. A part of it has been corrected but I know another part is incorrect so we are putting off making appointments.

She ended out getting a sit and go walker that has large wheels and brakes. It has taken the pain away from her hip and she can go much further and faster. She has only had it a couple of weeks and I have been gone most of that time. I had to go to Maui twice in two weeks. Today there is another festival on Kalākaua so we’ll see how that goes today.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don’t know if it’s my phone or what but I have been having a problem with posts on TUG since I have been here. There are delays and when I hit post again sometimes I get duplicate posts. :shrug:

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What do you do? What does the Audit entail? What does it mean to be certified? Have the audits never been certified in the past?

I am the Food Safety Program Manager and we had our initial audit for our GFSI BRC audit. The initial audit certified us with the BRC. Our other houses have been certified for the last 5 years but we just merged with Hawaii so we just got them certified. It’s a big certification in the industry and a lot of our competitors don’t have it. It’s a global standard.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Double post again. I switched to my tablet.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I first read the post I read it as "We finally had our two adults this week that I am responsible for." Didn't make much sense until I went back and read it again. :D Congratulations on the good results.

I remember going to what I think was a Chuck's that was underground way back in 1970. Couldn't be the same place, could it?

It sounds like the same place. You have to go down some steep stairs from the street. It was nice, a little too dark for our taste but the service was great and so was the food.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last time in Oahu we ate at two great places. MW was one and the Sicilian place on Lewers was the other.

We are also big fans of Alan Wong’s.

I want to try Allen Wongs!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now it did it with the tablet. :shrug:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
It sounds like the same place. You have to go down some steep stairs from the street. It was nice, a little too dark for our taste but the service was great and so was the food.
I think it was our one big splurge when we were there. I was there with my best friend. She was visiting a friend in the Naval Reserve and I was the "chaperone" (according to her parents, lol). She and I had our days together, then we'd meet up with her friend (who never made me feel like a third wheel). When she and I were on our own we'd have breakfast at the counter at a drugstore and usually skip lunch. I remember dinner some nights being salami and bread. That dinner out is really the only one I remember.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

I can understand your dilemma with health insurance changes going to Hawaii. We have been going to Hawaii for the entire winter since 2009 and have had occasional medical needs. The Hospital and Prescription part of the health insurance works fine just as in NY. However, there are NO participating physicians in my NY State health insurance plan in Hawaii! Therefore, the physicians must be paid first and then are submitted to my plan. They reimburse me based on their schedule of payments for the services rendered subject to a large deductible which I believe is $1250/person now. Therefore, they don't pay much if anything. Once we turned 65 Medicare kicked in which does pay 80% of the bill.

Luckily we had timeshare travel insurance from Vacation Guard and they reimburse us for all our out of pocket medical costs so we are not at the mercy of the physicians charges.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now, all I want is that baked potato... #easilysuggestible

And congratulations!

How is your wife’s adjustment going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now, all I want is that baked potato... #easilysuggestible

And congratulations!

How is your wife’s adjustment going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The baked potato was great too. It amazing how some places mess that up.

My wife has adjusted well. She really loves it. Not to mention my son said it was spitting a little snow in Wisconsin today. :)

We just got back from the street fair on Kalākaua. Boy, she did well walking. I adjusted her handles and it helped a lot. We walked about 2 miles and she didn’t have any pain in her hip so it went well. Here’s some pictures of the street fair.

35A54952-1E41-4295-BD90-F1A04D89FFDB.jpeg
F25CC317-D1CE-428B-9DB3-2217ADF71B05.jpeg
1E4A10C9-80A8-488C-93F4-3EFAD524E686.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More from the street fair.

D95C3EC1-96FE-430C-A4B8-3C8D3D28160D.jpeg
0C81D587-A8DD-43CB-8C49-C618C6A02617.jpeg
2FAA019A-D243-4888-83FD-475DC15F2DE1.jpeg

Reactions: LJT

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The baked potato was great too. It amazing how some places mess that up.

My wife has adjusted well. She really loves it. Not to mention my son said it was spitting a little snow in Wisconsin today. :)

We just got back from the street fair on Kalākaua. Boy, she did well walking. I adjusted her handles and it helped a lot. We walked about 2 miles and she didn’t have any pain in her hip so it went well. Here’s some pictures of the street fair.

View attachment 14612 View attachment 14613 View attachment 14615

The vendors and street food looks great. We love going to the street fairs on Kalakaua. We will be coming to Honolulu in late December until May and hope to attend a few while we are there.