• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which WorldMark in Palm Springs area do you like best?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Trying to embrace my inner desert vacation ideas.

I see several WM resorts in and around the general Palm Springs area. I'm seeing two in Palm Springs, one in Cathedral City, and one in Indio. I'm not a golfer, but would like to try and enjoy the atmosphere of one of these resorts for a mid-winter break from the frozen and cold Great White North. I've only visited PS once, so am open to ideas.

Which of those do you like best, and why?

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dave, I know nothing about those particular resorts, but I would choose one in Palm Springs rather than Cathedral City or Indio. And I'm saying that having never stayed in either of those locations.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, I know nothing about those particular resorts, but I would choose one in Palm Springs rather than Cathedral City or Indio. And I'm saying that having never stayed in either of those locations.

Thanks. Is that because of location, or driving distances?

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks. Is that because of location, or driving distances?

Dave
Location. Cathedral City and Indio don't have the same charm or status as Palm Springs. Maybe I'm just a snob. :D

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm only aware of one Worldmark in the desert area. The one as you enter toen. Stayed there nearly 20 years ago. Okay, but nothing special.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We haven't (ever) stayed in a WM, but at an RCI exchange in PS. Desert Villas or something. Perfectly acceptable, and in the mid-century house area. Fun town. Lots to do even if you don't golf.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Location. Cathedral City and Indio don't have the same charm or status as Palm Springs. Maybe I'm just a snob. :D
Oh yes, forgot the Wyndham in Indio has Worldmark rooms. Have stayed there as well. NIce, but as you mentioned, no 'charm' to be found out there.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to embrace my inner desert vacation ideas.

I see several WM resorts in and around the general Palm Springs area. I'm seeing two in Palm Springs, one in Cathedral City, and one in Indio. I'm not a golfer, but would like to try and enjoy the atmosphere of one of these resorts for a mid-winter break from the frozen and cold Great White North. I've only visited PS once, so am open to ideas.

Which of those do you like best, and why?

Dave
Dave, what is name /address in Cathedral City? In my opinion, that would be the most central location.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, what is name /address in Cathedral City? In my opinion, that would be the most central location.

These are the four resorts I'm seeing. Not sure if there are any others that should be included:

WorldMark Cathedral City
67707 30th Ave.
Cathedral City, CA 92234

WorldMark Indio
42-151 WorldMark Way
Indio, CA 92203

WorldMark Palm Springs
WorldMark Managed
1177 N Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262

WorldMark Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa
WorldMark Managed
2601 Golf Club Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I have stayed at all of above, except Cathedral City. Looking at map it looks to be part of Cimarron Golf resort / Raintree. I'll limit my remarks to reasons why I would /would not choose.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
WorldMark Cathedral City
67707 30th Ave.
Cathedral City, CA 92234

Pictures look nice. Nothing close enough for walking.
Easy drive to Palm Springs or Palm Desert.
===

WorldMark Indio
42-151 WorldMark Way
Indio, CA 92203

Nice accomodations, but I would only choose if I planned to use Lazy River pool often. Long drive to Palm Springs city limits. Nothing walkable.
===

WorldMark Palm Springs
WorldMark Managed

1177 N Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262

Very ordinary rooms and pool.
Can walk to parts of town and may be on free
Shuttle route to town.
= ==

WorldMark Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa
WorldMark Managed

2601 Golf Club Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264[/QUOTE]

Central location. Plain vanilla. Nothing walkable.
===
Bottom line, if the sun is shining, it will be same at each location.

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, sorry for the confusion -- I was trying to edit inline.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, sorry for the confusion -- I was trying to edit inline.

It's fine. I appreciate your input. I read between the lines. :)

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Palm Canyon is our favorite. FYI, the studios are right opposite the pool which some love, but we've been there done that once and don't want semi naked bodies two feet from our sliding door (had to keep the sheers pulled for any sense of privacy) again, so will opt for one bedrooms for future visits. That location is walking distance into town, but it's not a close walk (like our Diàmond resort is), so you'll want your knee fully healed. I have never figured out why anyone would stay in Indio. Palm Springs has lots of shopping and dining, the tram up the mountain, a Living Desert zoo, an airplane museum, and Sunnylands. Sherman's Deli is our favorite restaurant in the area.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The WM Palm Springs is actually walking distance to down town Palm Springs. Last winter we walked by and in for a look. It would be a good choice for the party and restaurant scene in down town Palm Springs. We also drove to WM Indio where we were required to call WM to get through the security gate. The management doesn't allow member visits with out an appointment. We parked the car and went in anyway and the manager let us view the property. It was pretty nice and is a place I will stay if we head back that way.

Regarding weather, it was too cold. Maybe March would have been better than January.

Bill

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind long drives to everything, Indio is likely the nicest "resort."

I don't like to spend several hours in the car every day, so I'd choose Palm Springs.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don’t have any specific plans for anything in the area, I’m not a golfer, and I’m not much of a “hang out at the resort” kind of guy. So between those four locations, I was wondering if one was better than another.

Driving hours every day to do something is not really what I’d want to do. As Bill says, the WM Palm Springs location is walking distance to downtown PS. I’m not necessarily looking to walk everywhere, but if that location is generally closer to things to do, and the resorts themselves are similar, that that’s the logical choice for me.

From here, a thousand miles away, the four locations look to be similar, but each has a reason to be there. Up close, I’m sure they each exist for a specific reason. :)

Dave

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Palm Canyon is our favorite. FYI, the studios are right opposite the pool which some love, but we've been there done that once and don't want semi naked bodies two feet from our sliding door (had to keep the sheers pulled for any sense of privacy) again, so will opt for one bedrooms for future visits. That location is walking distance into town, but it's not a close walk (like our Diàmond resort is), so you'll want your knee fully healed. I have never figured out why anyone would stay in Indio. Palm Springs has lots of shopping and dining, the tram up the mountain, a Living Desert zoo, an airplane museum, and Sunnylands. Sherman's Deli is our favorite restaurant in the area.

Semi-naked bodies right outside the window sounds like good scenery to me. :) How many times do I need to see the same mountains or trees? LOL

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Semi-naked bodies right outside the window sounds like good scenery to me. :) How many times do I need to see the same mountains or trees? LOL
Sounds good until the body turns out to be a gargantuan hairy man! No walls separating the unit patios from the small plot of poolside grass, so the guy practically ended up in our living room, hence the drawn sheers.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, could you book a few days at a couple resorts?

I probably could, but with Housekeeping Tokens, would prefer to stay in just one location.

Dave

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Up close, I’m sure they each exist for a specific reason. :)

Dave

The Palm Springs resort is the original one from the Trendwest days. It was the first, and is right in downtown. I've only been there to use their wifi, but it seems like standard worldmark quality in a good location.

Indio was built to be a showcase location on the cheapest land they could find in the Coachella valley. I am staying there next month, with kids we expect to largely hang around the resort.

The other two locations were distressed assets wyndham acquired. They put a bunch of Raintree property in WM all at the same time, at the same time as they aquired the land for the Wyndham Park City. So I would guess the reason for Cathedral City is so wyndham could build in Park City.