• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seriously Considering Taking the plunge to Silver VIP...

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
What works for him, may not work for you or I. Some might be ok with cramming two teens on a sofa bed in a studio if it means saving on maintenance fee money, or stretching their points. Personally, I can think of better places to be then a studio with two teenagers in it, but that’s just me. :).

Who said anything about cramming kids in studios? ;)

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 11.31.26 PM.png

I have a 2 Bedroom Presidential Suite at Clearwater booked during spring break 2020 and a 2 Bedroom Ocean Front Deluxe booked at Ocean Boulevard during summer 2020 right now with existing contracts using ARP.

My plan outlined in the first post is to book 4 Bedroom Presidential Suite with at least one other 2-3 bedroom Deluxe/Presidential Suite to host family beyond my immediate with at Bonnet Creek during peak holidays.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Who said anything about cramming kids in studios? ;)

View attachment 14482

I have a 2 Bedroom Presidential Suite at Clearwater booked during spring break 2020 and a 2 Bedroom Ocean Front Deluxe booked at Ocean Boulevard during summer 2020 right now with existing contracts using ARP.

My plan outlined in the first post is to book 4 Bedroom Presidential Suite with at least one other 2-3 bedroom Deluxe/Presidential Suite to host family beyond my immediate with at Bonnet Creek during peak holidays.

Jan did. I was replying to her comment. She was making a point. She was not saying you said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Here's what I think. I think that OP's current situation doesn't really merit moving up to VIP silver today, because using the truly financially valuable benefits (discounts and upgrades) wouldn't kick in in terms of his vacation style for at least a decade when he may have more flexibility to take short-notice trips. I don't think there's enough impetus here to want to spend that big upfront cost simply to outrun the pending changes coming in the VIP program. Assuming that 5-10 years from now that flexibility does develop, then also would the ability to take advantage of PIC points during that discount window. I completely understand the feeling that PIC doesn't help right now because we're talking about tougher to get ARP reservations. But it seems the time to take advantage of VIP/Privileges and of PIC points would coincide, whenever that vacation flexibility starts to develop some years down the line.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's what I think. I think that OP's current situation doesn't really merit moving up to VIP silver today, because using the truly financially valuable benefits (discounts and upgrades) wouldn't kick in in terms of his vacation style for at least a decade when he may have more flexibility to take short-notice trips. I don't think there's enough impetus here to want to spend that big upfront cost simply to outrun the pending changes coming in the VIP program. Assuming that 5-10 years from now that flexibility does develop, then also would the ability to take advantage of PIC points during that discount window. I completely understand the feeling that PIC doesn't help right now because we're talking about tougher to get ARP reservations. But it seems the time to take advantage of VIP/Privileges and of PIC points would coincide, whenever that vacation flexibility starts to develop some years down the line.
My thoughts exactly. Why spend the additional $ for discounts and perks that are not going to be used for several years or more. Even if you could use the discounts today Silver just doesn't offer that much of a payback on the additional $ spent.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I agree, Richelle, it is going down, but that is still a lot of people in a country of 360 million. I just think it is shortsighted to think your credit rating doesn’t matter as long as your partner’s is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I 100% agree with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I'm just saying that you could be in a situation where risking your score for a PIC contract or being a part of a vacation club really doesn't affect you much. I'm willing to risk one of our scores to have a Wyndham membership, but not both. I wouldn't put my husband on the ownership because his credit score is a lot more important than mine since I will never make a lot of money as teacher. I just personally never use my credit score anymore. The job market is too unstable to finance anything big.

The OP is correct that getting a PIC is more of a risk than buying retail points, it's just that you could be in a situation where it is worth the risk on one person's score. I just don't care about my credit because I don't use it. I have average credit and keep a few cards open. I'm just the type of person that would delay my gratification if it means I get more for my money in the long run. To me, interest is a waste of money. The only interest that makes ANY sense is a mortgage for a modest size house and only because it's cheaper to own vs. rent.