• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marri-Yacht ... MGO cleverness

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
:D It doesn't look too comfortable, though. Did you try it out?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
:D It doesn't look too comfortable, though. Did you try it out?
I did not, but it always seemed to be occupied, except for one evening that I snapped this pic.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Very clever and creative. Great to see that coming from someone at MGO. Nice small touch of fun in my opinion.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
It's a nice touch visually and functionally, and will be a fun memory for many.

Great picture, Todd.

BTW we're in Boston for two nights on the first leg of a "surprise trip" for my wife. She has no clue where we're going next.
It's cold here @ 42 degrees, and we left behind temps hovering around 98 degrees daily in Georgia. We love this!
We rent a car tomorrow morning and head to Vermont for 3 nights,
then New Hampshire for 3 nights, then back to Boston.
Fall leaves should be peaking, so this is what we live for.
As I'm writing I see the easily recognizable steeple of the Old North Church
in the distance out my window....
It's a glorious, brilliant morning, and we're off to breakfast in a few minutes.

Woodstock Inn, Vermont:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...hUKEwjovtWMioXlAhVEvFkKHQL1BAcQoiowFHoECAkQBg

Omni Mount Washington Resort, NH:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...hUKEwj4s-q7ioXlAhWpxVkKHZUtAA0QoiowF3oECAkQBg

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points

Great picture, Todd.

BTW we're in Boston for two nights on the first leg of a "surprise trip" for my wife. She has no clue where we're going next.
It's cold here @ 42 degrees, and we left behind temps hovering around 98 degrees daily in Georgia. We love this!
It's a glorious, brilliant morning, and we're off to breakfast in a few minutes.

Woodstock Inn, Vermont:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x89e1d820c87391bb:0xd11e655e8ccb1ea9!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipM1NpO0FZjS18Ju70IsdAI4u6_qvIbuK1qluKMC=w426-h320-k-no!5swoodstock inn vt - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOr--8fvMFg9c2x53tRCnfYBre7Os_y5JkwQt6M&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjovtWMioXlAhVEvFkKHQL1BAcQoiowFHoECAkQBg

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x4cb39e6bbd3e1a7b:0x4e826063aba1f82b!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipNA66a8y4S-YK4UaXdmR2OqAuw9sBeCx2GJ7guV=w218-h320-k-no!5somni mt washington resort - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNA66a8y4S-YK4UaXdmR2OqAuw9sBeCx2GJ7guV&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4s-q7ioXlAhWpxVkKHZUtAA0QoiowF3oECAkQBg
Sounds and looks like a great trip. Enjoy the colors.

Reactions: jme

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Great picture, Todd.

Woodstock Inn, Vermont:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x89e1d820c87391bb:0xd11e655e8ccb1ea9!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipM1NpO0FZjS18Ju70IsdAI4u6_qvIbuK1qluKMC=w426-h320-k-no!5swoodstock inn vt - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOr--8fvMFg9c2x53tRCnfYBre7Os_y5JkwQt6M&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjovtWMioXlAhVEvFkKHQL1BAcQoiowFHoECAkQBg

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x4cb39e6bbd3e1a7b:0x4e826063aba1f82b!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipNA66a8y4S-YK4UaXdmR2OqAuw9sBeCx2GJ7guV=w218-h320-k-no!5somni mt washington resort - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNA66a8y4S-YK4UaXdmR2OqAuw9sBeCx2GJ7guV&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4s-q7ioXlAhWpxVkKHZUtAA0QoiowF3oECAkQBg

Have a great time on your trip

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I think your trip sounds fun, but my wife would kill me if I tried a "surprise" trip like that. She likes to know ahead where she will be going. Have fun.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I think your trip sounds fun, but my wife would kill me if I tried a "surprise" trip like that. She likes to know ahead where she will be going. Have fun.

Ordinarily it wouldn't work for me either, but this time it's been fun.
The unexpected consequence has been her many girlfriends going nuts trying to guess where we're going for the trip,
and texting her daily for weeks now.
At recent parties a lot of them have pulled me aside and whispered over and over, "So, Marty, What's up? You can trust me!"

They seem to love the idea of a secret trip, too....sort of a romantic twist on a Fall vacation.
I've only told Mona what immediate destination was up next
as it unfolded and became obvious, like at the initial airport gate when the destination was printed overhead----
kind of hard to deny anything at that point.
And the morning in Boston when I told her we had to check out after only 2 nights, and go rent a car,
she said, "What???".

And after a 2.5 hour drive north of Boston she saw a sign "Welcome to Vermont".
She said, "Wow, OK OK! I love it."
Then she finally figured it out when she saw the sign, "Welcome to Woodstock"...LOL.
But she said, "Do they have hotels here? and where is ours?"

After pulling into the gorgeous grounds of the Woodstock Inn, she said, "Alright!!!!! Wow!!!!"
Being greeted and walking inside is a wonderful feeling.
We were treated like royalty. It truly exceeds all expectations... the whole place is absolutely lovely.
Valet parking (or general parking) is NO CHARGE, quite a nice thing.

Laurance Rockefeller had a lot of influence on this place, even owned it, and made remarkable restoration
to the whole town of Woodstock in general, and stayed here often.
https://www.rutlandherald.com/news/...cle_2bf0752d-1be9-5196-926f-631846ff4397.html

As great as this is, our next destination (to be happening on Wednesday), will be even more grand... Riding around
a specific bend on the mountain road and spying the
amazing behemoth white Mount Washington Resort Hotel rising up out of the mountain will be a real eye-opening stunner.
Can't wait for THAT reaction. And the grand old hotel is so romantic
and so beautiful. We will really experience a place that will make us never want to leave. One morning we plan on making
the famous Autumn drive of the Kancamagus Byway
from Lincoln to Conway, NH....... and another morning doing the old steam engine run over the spectacular mountain tracks,
taking a few hours.

The hotel itself is like a grand palace from another era, and we hope to get lost in it, literally and emotionally.
I just want to linger by the fireplace under the huge Moose head on the wall overhead
in the Great Hall. This experience will be the icing on the cake for our secret trip. And the glorious backdrop
will be the spectacular Fall foliage all around us.....
peaking as we make the excursion from Vermont eastward to New Hampshire, as planned, btw. Then a final night in
our beloved favorite city Boston, which we have grown
more and more to love. The whole thing is not a glamorous trip to Bali, Prague, or Paris, but it's a laid-back, restful,
beautiful trip through the "wonderland" of New England
which I've neglected to make during my life, opting instead for the bright lights of other popular destinations.
Finally we're here and doing it....Thanks to all who have wished us well.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Ordinarily it wouldn't work for me either, but this time it's been fun.
The unexpected consequence has been her many girlfriends going nuts trying to guess where we're going for the trip,
and texting her daily for weeks now.
At recent parties a lot of them have pulled me aside and whispered over and over, "So, Marty, What's up? You can trust me!"

They seem to love the idea of a secret trip, too....sort of a romantic twist on a Fall vacation.
I've only told Mona what immediate destination was up next
as it unfolded and became obvious, like at the initial airport gate when the destination was printed overhead----
kind of hard to deny anything at that point.
And the morning in Boston when I told her we had to check out after only 2 nights, and go rent a car,
she said, "What???".

And after a 2.5 hour drive north of Boston she saw a sign "Welcome to Vermont".
She said, "Wow, OK OK! I love it."
Then she finally figured it out when she saw the sign, "Welcome to Woodstock"...LOL.
But she said, "Do they have hotels here? and where is ours?"

After pulling into the gorgeous grounds of the Woodstock Inn, she said, "Alright!!!!! Wow!!!!"
Being greeted and walking inside is a wonderful feeling.
We were treated like royalty. It truly exceeds all expectations... the whole place is absolutely lovely.
Valet parking (or general parking) is NO CHARGE, quite a nice thing.

Laurance Rockefeller had a lot of influence on this place, even owned it, and made remarkable restoration
to the whole town of Woodstock in general, and stayed here often.
https://www.rutlandherald.com/news/...cle_2bf0752d-1be9-5196-926f-631846ff4397.html

As great as this is, our next destination (to be happening on Wednesday), will be even more grand... Riding around
a specific bend on the mountain road and spying the
amazing behemoth white Mount Washington Resort Hotel rising up out of the mountain will be a real eye-opening stunner.
Can't wait for THAT reaction. And the grand old hotel is so romantic
and so beautiful. We will really experience a place that will make us never want to leave. One morning we plan on making
the famous Autumn drive of the Kancamagus Byway
from Lincoln to Conway, NH....... and another morning doing the old steam engine run over the spectacular mountain tracks,
taking a few hours.

The hotel itself is like a grand palace from another era, and we hope to get lost in it, literally and emotionally.
I just want to linger by the fireplace under the huge Moose head on the wall overhead
in the Great Hall. This experience will be the icing on the cake for our secret trip. And the glorious backdrop
will be the spectacular Fall foliage all around us.....
peaking as we make the excursion from Vermont eastward to New Hampshire, as planned, btw. Then a final night in
our beloved favorite city Boston, which we have grown
more and more to love. The whole thing is not a glamorous trip to Bali, Prague, or Paris, but it's a laid-back, restful,
beautiful trip through the "wonderland" of New England
which I've neglected to make during my life, opting instead for the bright lights of other popular destinations.
Finally we're here and doing it....Thanks to all who have wished us well.
Sounds great Marty. It’s funny what we learn to appreciate as we get older. When we do trips like this, our kids say.... “Ahhh.... an old folks trip”. We just chuckle as we know the beauty of the simple trip that often is not all that far from home that some day, as they “mature”, they will learn as well.

Enjoy!!!