• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When did RCI membership go up

spthomas

Reaction score
I just tried to join RCI and the membership comes up as $159 for a year, while their chart of fees says $99.???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Weeks or points?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We're in process of transferring membership from my dad to my sister and me (losing paid membership in the process), and the online form says 1 year is $99. I hope they haven't changed it!

spthomas

Reaction score
We're in process of transferring membership from my dad to my sister and me (losing paid membership in the process), and the online form says 1 year is $99. I hope they haven't changed it!
I just got a twitter tweet from them saying

"Hi Steve, yes, there is an enrollment fee. You may submit an enrollment application online using an e-mail form on our website. Click on:
Our current RCI Weeks subscription rates in US dollars are: 1 year - $99 2 years - $179 3 years - $249 5 years - $399"

But I don't see an enrollment fee listed anywhere on anything, and this tweet doesn't really explain it either.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
[snark]When have RCI fees not gone up?[/snark]

I remember 3 year membership for $79.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

I don't know if you have a points or weeks RCI account and if that makes any difference. I was told that paid up membership fees/years are definitely transferable to the new person(s). With the MTA, Membership Transfer Application, you can transfer your father's account to you and your sister. It costs $98 to do that.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I just got a twitter tweet from them saying

"Hi Steve, yes, there is an enrollment fee. You may submit an enrollment application online using an e-mail form on our website. Click on:
Our current RCI Weeks subscription rates in US dollars are: 1 year - $99 2 years - $179 3 years - $249 5 years - $399"

But I don't see an enrollment fee listed anywhere on anything, and this tweet doesn't really explain it either.

To begin a brand new RCI points account is $222 and includes the first year's membership. That would be the enrollment fee. It's in the several pages of smaller print along with the MTA form. To transfer a week from one person's RCI points account to someone else's existing points account is $98. Transferring both the week and the RCI account along with it saves the person getting the week money.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Help? What is the average number of points needed to book/exchange for two weeks in a Prime Resort with RCI.

What is the average number of points needed for a week stay in prime season in a
Gold Crown Resort.

Looking into purchasing into RCI to expand my resorts exchange in some prime areas and seasons with RCI? Example: New York City.

Last edited:

spthomas

Reaction score
To begin a brand new RCI points account is $222 and includes the first year's membership. That would be the enrollment fee. It's in the several pages of smaller print along with the MTA form. To transfer a week from one person's RCI points account to someone else's existing points account is $98. Transferring both the week and the RCI account along with it saves the person getting the week money.

Well, I tried one more time today. Got online chat, asked what it cost to join RCI as a new Weeks member, she said "$99 for 1 year". I said great, and she sent me a link to the join page. So I clicked on the link, and went to the page and signed up. $159 for 1 week, no $99 price anywhere! I was still on line with her, so I asked about it, and she went away for about 5 minutes (sounds like the "let me go talk to my manager" scam). She came back and said "the price JUST went up to $159". So bait and switch, and another 60% price increase!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Well, I tried one more time today. Got online chat, asked what it cost to join RCI as a new Weeks member, she said "$99 for 1 year". I said great, and she sent me a link to the join page. So I clicked on the link, and went to the page and signed up. $159 for 1 week, no $99 price anywhere! I was still on line with her, so I asked about it, and she went away for about 5 minutes (sounds like the "let me go talk to my manager" scam). She came back and said "the price JUST went up to $159". So bait and switch, and another 60% price increase!
With prices like theirs I'm surprised that people are still sticking around.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
With prices like theirs I'm surprised that people are still sticking around.
I agree. I've been finding that even their prices for Extra Vacations have gone up substantially. Perhaps it isn't true everywhere, but for resort stays in the area where I usually vacation, their prices used to be comparable to II Getaways but now seem to be quite a bit more.

My RCI account terminated about a month ago when I sold my DVC timeshare. I don't miss it.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

I don't know about weeks accounts because we have a points account. However you pay the highest price when you only pay for a single year. You get the lowest price when you pay for the maximum number of years. These are the current annual membership prices for points accounts.

RCI® Points Fees United States effective December 1, 2018
The following information details the various fees that are associated with your membership benefits.

Usually on an annual basis, you will also pay a maintenance fee, which is used toward the operation and upkeep of the resort at which you own. This is not a fee which is collected by RCI - you pay your resort directly.

Annual RCI Points® Subscription Fees USD
1 YR $124
2 YRS $229
3 YRS $321
4 YRS $409
5 YRS $499

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Annual RCI Points® Subscription Fees USD
1 YR $124
2 YRS $229
3 YRS $321
4 YRS $409
5 YRS $499

And you pay this for the privilege of paying again every time you make an exchange. This is outrageous...

George