• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Knee Replacement tomorrow (Oct 2, 2019)

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you and good rehab

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Best of luck Dave! My knees are starting to hurt a bit and I do have a little arthritis there. Fun to get older!

Let us know how it goes!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I knew it was either this week or next and chatted you up to a woman who got a new hip a few days ago. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Amigo. You are in my thoughts. For what it's worth, my procedure is healing well. I was glued together and now it's peeling off and itchy as all getout- but it doensn't hurt. I used some Tylenol for a few days and left the prescrription pain stuff untouched. That stuff scares me.

Now that you'll be off and just doing rehab, t well soon.does this mean you'll be on TUG 24/7? Just checking.

Get well soon.

Jim

Glad you are doing well, Jim!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and here's hoping for a very smooth and quick recovery.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim mentioned being glued together, I have some stitches to be removed this Friday. Why do some doctors use glue while other use staples, or in one case what I felt was barbed wire? Some cut knee on the side and others down the middle. Does it make any difference to overall recovery?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wait until you get to try out the scooters at Costco during your recovery! :D I really felt that they should have given me a driving test before letting me loose on that thing during my hip rehab. (And, yes, I know...knees are worse, LOL!)

Good luck and I hope it goes as smoothly as your earlier replacement!

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, you are lucky to have your sister there. We all know what sisters are like. She will not let you forget your rehab, if you get my drift.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Update: Surgery went well. I’m settled into a room at the hospital. Pain meds are working. It’s all good, for now. :)

I said I’d had this pain for thirty years. I miscounted. It’s actually FORTY years. Aaaccckkk!

Thanks again for the good wishes, everyone. You’re great!

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Best of all luck Dave. Be sure to follow doctor's orders.

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 5 weeks post-TKR -hope you have a cold therapy machine waiting at home for you. It has been an immense help!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
30 years, 40 years, it's too long to hurt. Do what you're told, and heal well and soon. You have a whole rooting section on your team! And the sooner you're outta there, the sooner you're off hospital food!

Jim

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It is now behind you, glad it went well.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks, all. I’m resting comfortably. Physical Therapy tech came by, and we did a few laps around my room. Surprised I’m so mobile.

Dave

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Wishing you a speedy recovery Dave!
I am having an arthroscopic scope done 2 weeks from tomorrow to remove a torn (macerated actually) meniscus and 'cleaning up' of my knee. I had the same thing done on my other knee 6 years ago and I'm surprised this one has lasted so long. I am trying to put off knee replacement surgery as long as I can. I'll be recuperating in Florida for 2 weeks before returning home for more physiotherapy.

~Diane

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wishing you a speedy recovery Dave!
I am having an arthroscopic scope done 2 weeks from tomorrow to remove a torn (macerated actually) meniscus and 'cleaning up' of my knee. I had the same thing done on my other knee 6 years ago and I'm surprised this one has lasted so long. I am trying to put off knee replacement surgery as long as I can. I'll be recuperating in Florida for 2 weeks before returning home for more physiotherapy.

~Diane

I've done that a few times. It really helped for awhile. Good luck!

Dave

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Dave, I just discovered this thread & I’m glad to hear the surgery went well. I’ll probably be having my second knee replaced in a couple of months. Hope your recovery goes smoothly & quickly. You already know what to expect now.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, I just discovered this thread & I’m glad to hear the surgery went well. I’ll probably be having my second knee replaced in a couple of months. Hope your recovery goes smoothly & quickly. You already know what to expect now.

Thanks, Karen. I thought of you many times these last few weeks. :) I do know what to expect, and so far, this one is going better than the first time I did this. Good luck with your own surgery!

Dave

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Heal up.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. I’m resting comfortably. Physical Therapy tech came by, and we did a few laps around my room. Surprised I’m so mobile.

Dave
Oh that hurt so much the first day. They got me to the room at 8:30 at night and at 8:30 in the morning wanted me to walk the length of the hallway and back and then leave, go home.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do know what to expect, and so far, this one is going better than the first time I did this.
Remember: Life is better medicated! Don't be the tough guy today. Medicate and do your therapy. Get well soon.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Good luck on a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
BTW, my Fuji underwater camera worked pretty well in French Polynesia. Will post some pictures when I return. :D

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’ve been in the room almost 24 hours and have already seen PT twice. Walking, steps, tricks on being safe getting around. I’m being discharged shortly. Then taking the rest of the month off to recover.

I’m a wimp for pain, so follow doctors orders and medication plans to the letter.

@LisaH: Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Dave

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
So glad your surgery went well. No one who takes pain medication when they are actually in pain gets addicted. As the days proceed you should need less pain medication. If you wait to long or don’t take any pain medication you actually heal slower because then you don’t want to move.

Take the meds when you need to don’t take them when your not in pain.

A month seems like a very short recovery time. Hope all goes well for you!