• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo San Lucas

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
We will be staying in the FA in Cabo in a few weeks. This will be our first stay and we thought we had hit the jackpot, but alas FA Cabo is now going to be all-inclusive starting in 2021 and we are not interested. While we are there we would like to do some investigating into other non-all-inclusive options. We have both HGVC points as well as RCI through another Platinum account.

We will visit or take a tour of the new HGVC conversion and can hopefully clear up the question as to whether it is bHGV or not and will report back with our findings. (we are well versed in the art of presentations).

I know there has been mention on TUG of other good RCI options in Cabo, but I cannot seem to find that info in any threads. Can anyone give us suggestions or information for decent quality RCI resorts with kitchens that are not AI mandatory?

Also, does anyone know if FA Villas can be booked through RCI with a non-AI option?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Is HGVC offering promos/tours of the new property? I doubt FA would do so since they are a separate system. (or they might say they do just to get you to join their presentation).

BTW...you will get hit up by a person trying to convince you to join a presentation for FA when you check in. They make it look like part of the check-in "concierge" process by showing you a property map, boat tours etc. They also bring you a margarita while you are in the check in line to loosen you up. Be aware.

I accept the drink but say no to tours as I am wary of any Mexican timeshare preso because they are not under U.S. rescission law. Once you say no they won't bother you throughout your stay.

AI mandatory has always been in effect for the FA hotel but not the villas. If 2021 is true, well... it was a good run. We've been there twice but not worth the AI for the entire visit.

Looking forward to hearing about the new HGVC Cabo property.

Enjoy FA Cabo.

Last edited:

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is HGVC offering promos/tours of the new property? I doubt FA would do so since they are a separate system. (or they might say they do just to get you to join their presentation).

BTW...you will get hit up by a person trying to convince you to join a presentation for FA when you check in. They make it look like part of the check-in "concierge" process by showing you a property map, boat tours etc. They also bring you a margarita while you are in the check in line to loosen you up. Be aware.

I accept the drink (so okay) but say no to tours as I am wary of any Mexican timeshare preso because they are not under U.S. rescission law. Once you say no they won't bother you throughout your stay.

AI mandatory has always been in effect for the FA hotel but not the villas. If 2021 is all AI well...I guess it was a good run. We've been there twice but not worth the AI for the entire visit.

Looking forward to hearing about the new HGVC Cabo property.

Enjoy FA Cabo.
Thanks for the heads-up on the concierge come-on. We just willingly took an HGVC tour at MarBrisa that was arranged by the concierge at Seapoint, and it was fine. I helped the sales person understand the difference between bHC and HGVC. She either did not have a clue or was blatantly lying, but we were polite and kind to her and ended it within the hour. I'm not sure we are entitled to another presentation this soon, but we will be going to the new conversion to get a feel for it, whether we get a formal tour or just a Q&A with a sales person.

BTW, our first TS is Mexican and we get 84,000 RCI points for $199 per year MF's plus the RCI Membership. We paid too much for it, but it owes us nothing after all our travels. It's an RTU right-to-use, so no deed, and we can pretty much walk away anytime we want, so it is really no hardship.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
If you book FA Cabo via RCI, it is still optional.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi, I have favc membership in Cabo and made a good friendship with the sale manager, he offer me a free breakfast for the week for family and friends and I did it in my next visits, but the last 3 years I went to Cancun and haven’t contact him. If you like information I could give you his name, I’m not sure if he still working there.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just received some verbal confirmation about the AI in Cabo FA. If booked through HGVC it is $95 per day. If it is booked through RCI it is $125 per day. This rate drops to $90 if you are an owner at FA. We neglected to find out if AI is mandatory through RCI, but I will ask the question when we are there.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
We just received some verbal confirmation about the AI in Cabo FA. If booked through HGVC it is $95 per day. If it is booked through RCI it is $125 per day. This rate drops to $90 if you are an owner at FA. We neglected to find out if AI is mandatory through RCI, but I will ask the question when we are there.

That’s per person, correct?

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Enjoy your stay. We got back a week ago and it was a very good vacation. We did the presentation for a free sunset dinner cruise and 2 massages. It was low key and our sales agent wasn’t pushy at all. He was resigned once he found out I bought hgvc resale. They want $8.50 per point . If you plan on doing any excursions, the hotel had very good deals. Also, don’t forget hgvc members get 15% off at the restaurants.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Enjoy your stay. We got back a week ago and it was a very good vacation. We did the presentation for a free sunset dinner cruise and 2 massages. It was low key and our sales agent wasn’t pushy at all. He was resigned once he found out I bought hgvc resale. They want $8.50 per point . If you plan on doing any excursions, the hotel had very good deals. Also, don’t forget hgvc members get 15% off at the restaurants.

Does the 15% discount only apply if you are staying there? We will be in Cabo in December, but won’t be staying at this resort. However, we do hope to visit to see what it’s like and may eat a meal there.

Best regards.

Mike

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Does the 15% discount only apply if you are staying there? We will be in Cabo in December, but won’t be staying at this resort. However, we do hope to visit to see what it’s like and may eat a meal there.

Best regards.

Mike
I’m fairly sure you have to be a guest. They ask for a room number.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I’m fairly sure you have to be a guest. They ask for a room number.

Thank you. I assumed that was the case, but appreciate you confirming it.

Best regards.

Mike

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was your presentation an HGVC pitch or Fiesta Americana? Did they talk at all about the new Hilton to HGVC conversion in Cabo? Were you offered a tour of the new resort?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We just received some verbal confirmation about the AI in Cabo FA. If booked through HGVC it is $95 per day. .

As an AI comparison:
- Royal Sands Cancun ( very good TUG review - rating) is $ 69 pp/pd for owners . It is owner optional /with I think a 3 day minimum. The AI is mandatory thru RCI and is priced higher .

There are AI mandatory Mexican resorts that have great reviews and are also much pricier $$ pp/pd than $ 95 . The Velas resorts for example .

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
BTW, our first TS is Mexican and we get 84,000 RCI points for $199 per year MF's plus the RCI Membership.
We paid too much for it, but it owes us nothing after all our travels. It's an RTU right-to-use, so no deed, and we can pretty much walk away anytime we want, so it is really no hardship.

84K points for $199 is a keeper for as long as you can travel !

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Was your presentation an HGVC pitch or Fiesta Americana? Did they talk at all about the new Hilton to HGVC conversion in Cabo? Were you offered a tour of the new resort?
This was a FA presentation. I tried getting details on the HGVC resort but didn’t get anything of note.