• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need some Help: Can't use my 2020 week that I locked into?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hi:

I booked Hyatt Beach House for next April 2020 and just found out at work on Friday that all vacations for April 2020 will not be allowed as we are having a huge internal audit that will last 3 week from our parent office is Tokyo...Ugh for me because I really wanted to use my Beach House for the first time?

What are my options?

What can I do beside try and rent it out. Can I call them and get the points and try and find something for another month.

thanks...

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi:

I booked Hyatt Beach House for next April 2020 and just found out at work on Friday that all vacations for April 2020 will not be allowed as we are having a huge internal audit that will last 3 week from our parent office is Tokyo...Ugh for me because I really wanted to use my Beach House for the first time?

What are my options?

What can I do beside try and rent it out. Can I call them and get the points and try and find something for another month.

thanks...

That's a bummer. You should be able to cancel the reservation online. Then your points (should be 2200) will move to CUP. You can then use those points for any time that you'd like. If there's a particular week that works well for you, you can put in a waitlist request and hope you get it. Honestly, I don't think you'd have much trouble making a week long booking for May, Summer, or Fall and you'll have some leftover points you could use for a studio stay somewhere, or to deposit in interval.

If it were me, I wouldn't mind booking a Sunday - Thursday at Beach House and Thursday - Saturday at Windward Pointe....you could check out both resorts, and if you were to do so in the summer you'd be looking at a cost of 1200 points vs 2000 points for the whole week....maybe I'm a points cheapskate though.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Ditto - Travelhacker has it right . Just cancel the reservations. Sometimes I have to cancel my Home Resort Preference Period reservation the Friday before the Saturday check in. Some people watch for these last minute cancelations. In fact last year my cancelation of my peak March ski week for a three bedroom penthouse unit was picked up and reserved by some other member within several hours of me cancelling it on the Friday afternoon before the check in date on the next day (Saturday). Cancelation 24 Hours in advance and getting your points back in most situations is in the club rules.

So cancel on line in the Hyatt system . Its easy to do, and is cheaper than calling Member service on the phone to do it. (By only about $6). I think the cancelation fee is about $45 if done on line.

Sometimes I don't cancel a reservation I can't use, because why pay $50 plus $ to cancel when as soon as I do I loose the points. Thats because I used Limited Club Use points to make the reservation , maybe as late as the day before the points were going to expire. So if I cancel, the points expire, and DO NOT go back into my account. So I just call the resort and tell them I'm not coming and to use the reserved unit however they can to their advantage, Hopefully.

Last edited:

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
Dates of the week?

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
I would be interested in the following week, beginning April 25-26 , for seven nights, at HRC Coconut Plantation. If you

can swap for it, we can swap email info. Thanks, Jim

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
no interest in changing to April 25 or 26 check in? I would rent that week if you are interested.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would be interested in the following week, beginning April 25-26 , for seven nights, at HRC Coconut Plantation. If you

Sorry Jim I’ve been traveling in Asia for work and did not see this post. I will send you a IM when I’m home tomorrow and we can trade information thanks

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I’m not seeing those nights available at the coconut plantation

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A 2BR unit was available this morning.

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps if you call them they might help you

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A 2BR unit was available this morning.

I'm back on the road again for work and my sister in law has now expressed interest in using this week, so I will just rent it to her...hopefully you can find the week your look for...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Friendly reminder: Buying/selling/renting and solicitations there of, are not permitted in the discussion forums. For those inquiries, please send a private message.

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned