• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
This is very interesting given life changes going on right now. I own many weeks, both seasons, at Westin Lagunamar and many platinum at Harborside. For anyone that has done a deedback have you done some but not all of your weeks? I’m not sure if I am ready to “give” back as I have not tried to sell yet but would value some guidance. TIA

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is good news for those of us who are aging and have difficulty traveling any more and/or don't want to burden our children/grandchildren with yearly fees.

You don't have to leave your timeshare to anyone, keep it in your name and when the time comes someone just needs to notify them. Just because you have rights of survivorship doesn't mean you have to leave it to anyone. someone please correct me if I am wrong here.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
The Lagunamar will probably have some resale value. Better to get some cash from them (or even give away) and have someone else use them than give back to Vistana to be stuck in a trust. It does take time to get rid of them, but if you are enjoying them you can gradually give them away.

Harborside will be more problematic as most weeks have no value because of high MF. I don't believe Vistana is doing deedbacks for them either.

This is very interesting given life changes going on right now. I own many weeks, both seasons, at Westin Lagunamar and many platinum at Harborside. For anyone that has done a deedback have you done some but not all of your weeks? I’m not sure if I am ready to “give” back as I have not tried to sell yet but would value some guidance. TIA

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
please email me the details at tug@tug2.net if you have not already done so if this was a us based paid off ownership.
Now that I (and presumably some others) have forwarded our US-based ownership information, what happens next? Is it being taken up with Marriott by your contact person?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, i forward your ownership details to my marriott contact who "should" get it in the hands of the right person and for the successes in the past you will be contacted via phone or email to inform you of the change of decision (should it happen).

its been surprisingly successful sofar, i hope it works for you as well unless there is some hidden detail about your ownership that I am not aware of etc.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. Nothing at all unusual about my ownership, that I'm aware of. Unless they meant to exclude biennial contracts but didn't say so.

durrod

Reaction score
I also have a Sheraton week trying to deedback or buyback to them.
And it’s also an every other year. I sent Brian the details by email

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup, I remember your posts. Here's to wishing us good luck!

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any luck on the deed back on every other year units?

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any luck on the deed back on every other year units?
None so far. Been turned down twice - once by phone and once by email. Still hoping Brian's contact can get some movement on this.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Vistana is generally buying back weeks to put in their Flex trusts.
maybe the Flex plans are not able to hold EOY deeds in their trusts, so therefore Vistana has no commercial reason to buy them back?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Vistana is generally buying back weeks to put in their Flex trusts.
maybe the Flex plans are not able to hold EOY deeds in their trusts, so therefore Vistana has no commercial reason to buy them back?
IIRC, for a while when Marriott had their buyback program in the early days of the DC trust, they weren't taking back or ROFR EOY weeks. Though now they don't seem to have any issues. Perhaps something extra needs to be done in order to be able to start taking them back?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread has gotten quite long. I read a couple of pages, and am not sure what the situation is. Perhaps someone can write an update to this thread describing the current situation? Brian, would you be willing to place an update in your original post of this thread, summarizing the Vistana deedback situation?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we know if Westin St. John is included currently?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
only timeshares located within the continental US (including hawaii) are currently included in the deedback program.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
And they must be annual, not biennial contracts. They're not taking back EOY ones, at least for now.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Do we know if Westin St. John is included currently?

If VGV phase - prior to H.Irma, the VGV HOA was taking deeds back. These WERE either been auctioned off, or bought by VSE (SVO) from the VGV HOA. iirc, this has occurred three times over the years.
The WSJ thread has captured these sales.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
ok, more info. I have had one person confirm they were rejected via this program because they were trying to give back a non us based timeshare in the vistana system.

sadly this program is only for US based ownerships at the current time. so if you are looking to give back a US based vistana/sheraton/westin timeshare and are rejected by this program or told it doesnt exist, please contact me!
just seeing this. I have 2 weeks of 2BR Lockoffs St Augustine to give away. is it still on?

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
just seeing this. I have 2 weeks of 2BR Lockoffs St Augustine to give away. is it still on?

just sent details by message Brian, thanks for your help!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
did you contact the vistana deedback department and were rejected?